PDA

View Full Version : "Search" !@%?!!!

eyeoneblack
15th September 2011, 04:12 PM
I often loose track of the threads I've posted to, and today I wanted to find a reply to a comment by Tutor of the last couple of days.

I could not find it! I selected "Eyeoneblack" User, "Hope you are well" search words and all I got back were threads I had started myself. :twisted:

I miss the "old" vanity search. :| [or was it ego search?]

Anybody else noticed a problem with the search feature?

CFTraveler
15th September 2011, 05:43 PM
Did you try "Advanced Search"? The search function has one problem which we haven't been able to fix, and it's that it refuses to search for words that are used "too much"- so you and are may be ignored. This annoys me to no end. Our technical admin tried to remove it, but it didn't change.
You can also try going to Tutor's profile, and it should have a 'latest posts' feature, and if he didn't delete it, it should still be there.
Good luck.

eyeoneblack
15th September 2011, 05:57 PM
All Right! I can see now how to work it :)

Thanks

mick
1st October 2011, 11:14 AM
Can also go to ones own profile and click on "find latest posts" to see a history of own posts made if that helps.

Edit, also clicking on your own name in a post header in a topic or elsewhere pops up a small window with an option to view own posts made.

eyeoneblack
18th October 2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks, Mick. I have a handle on it now :).

It's just a bit of a 'new trick', the old dog took a little while to figger out....

I don't imagine I'll ever be so computer-cyber-savvy as I was years ago :(.

(I actually used to teach 'PC' to my staff! Those were the days.)

Richard

mick
26th October 2011, 04:02 PM
:)

Have also done some IT teaching as well, introducing new software that I have been involved with, sometimes interesting but that was also often determined by the venue. :)

But these days also find that with so many new features, it can get distinctly labour intensive and not always worth the time to sort out every nuance being introduced. Then someone comes along and does something in two steps rather than the ten that I took. :)

Mick.