PDA

View Full Version : Hypnopompic Images

Reverie
19th September 2011, 11:08 PM
I tried doing a search but didn't find anything that seemed specific to my experiences.

Anyway, occasionally, just before I open my eyes when I'm waking up, I see images. Sometimes these images are scenes with people, animals, or objects (a few weeks ago I saw a scene of a Coca Cola bottle, with a little of the brown liquid still in it, rolling towards me on the ground. A couple of days later, while walking to my car in a shopping center parking lot, I looked down and saw a Coca Cola bottle, with a little of the soda still in it, rolling towards me on the ground) -- which is strange enough, I guess, but I also sometimes see writing ("Julia share" in rough black cursive) and symbols that have no personal meaning to me.

I saw one a few days ago and was able to get a good glimpse of it before it disappeared: it was a black outlined square with something that looked like a Chinese character drawn in black in the center, and nearby this character was a small "7". The background color of the square was an intense green. A while back I remember briefly seeing an intensely yellow-colored circle with black symbols all around it.

Also, a few years ago I recall seeing a grid which featured highly stylized suns in its squares. That was totally meaningless to me until recently when I noticed the stylized flower grid on the back cover of "Astral Dynamics".

Does anyone have any idea why I might be seeing these symbols?

CFTraveler
20th September 2011, 01:52 PM
You may be remote viewing. Technically hypnagogics happen in one part of the brain (IIRC the hypothalamus, but it's been a while since I researched this so don't take my word on it) and hypnopomps happen in another (the pineal/visual cortex, I think) and most people remote view in the hypnagogic state while the hypnopomps (visual) are related to dreams- at least how I've seen it reported.
But maybe you can tune in with what's out there in the hypnopompic stage. I do get a lot of geometric shapes when I wake up, and scenes when I trance, and the scenes have turned out to be clairvoyance or precognitive, so I'm classifying them as RV.
FWTW.

Reverie
20th September 2011, 07:03 PM
Thanks for your reply, CFTraveler.

I do also experience faint hynagogic images -- mostly of areas in my house, or in my neighborhood -- I figured it was a form of remote viewing. It's the strange symbols that have me perplexed. I'll do a bit of research on hypnopompics and see what I come up with.

GRANT
21st September 2011, 12:47 AM
I get geometric shapes also. Some of them cannot be reproduced in our realm; so , obviously they may be glimpses into other dimensions. Usually colorful and beautiful; in colors that do not exist here: metallics, films, other spectral ranges.

I agree that they may (can) be either a remote viewing or a peek into the real and astral time zones. (Like Astral Vision)

Grant

sleeper
23rd September 2011, 07:19 PM
reverie,
perhaps you will be the one to solve the mystery! let us know!

Reverie
24th September 2011, 02:20 AM
Well, the small amount of info I could find concerning hypnopompics was of no help.

I did look up Reiki/Japanese symbols and Chinese symbols, and the one that looks very close to what I saw is the Chinese symbol for "protection". The highly saturated green background doesn't seem especially meaningful, though....

For a while now I've often sent out a prayer asking for protection before entering into a potentially dangerous situation. Maybe showing me the symbol is a way of letting me know my prayers have been heard.