PDA

View Full Version : how can i control my heart beat........?

soulreaper
26th September 2011, 02:51 PM
hi
as the title says......how can i control my heart beat
like slowing it down
any method/technique.......?

IA56
26th September 2011, 02:57 PM
I do like this.....I fill my lung´s to full and then I blow it very slowly out and keep blowing out out out out out....until my heart beat is seattled down...then I do take in very slowly air back in...to keep an eye to my heart not to start pounding too rapidly again...usually it takes one time for me to seattle down my heart rate...but I have a friend I was learning this too and she had to do it several time before her heart did slow down....and it was because she did take too fast the air into the lung´s after she had emtying it out.....I hope you understand how I mean.

Love
ia

soulreaper
26th September 2011, 03:02 PM
i mean slowing down heart rate from the normal state.........:)
consciously slowing down the heart rate from the normal heart rate.......

IA56
26th September 2011, 03:22 PM
Ahaa...bread slowly and I hold my breath and do not fill my lung´s more than a third every time I breath in.

Love
ia

CFTraveler
26th September 2011, 05:12 PM
If you want to slow down your heartrate the first thing you need to do is not think of it that way- instead breath slower than normal. I disagree with the idea of not filling the lungs, but that's another post-
I recommend slowing the breathing process- for example, count on the in breath, and when you breathe out, add counts to what you got with the in-breath. Then for the next few breaths, try to make it slower, by counting more on each out breath.

For example:
Take a 'normal' breath in and count how long it took you (for descriptive purposes, let's say it took 5 counts)
Now, when breathing out add counts to the inbreath count- for example, count to 6 while you let it out.
Now, on the inbreath you count to six (you added one, making the inbreath longer)
Then, on the outbreath you count to seven.
If at any time this becomes uncomfortable, go back to the previous count and stay there.
Breathing slow will automatically slow down your heart rate because both things are synchronized.

Listening to your hearbeat can also be beneficial, but not if you're going to judge how 'fast' or 'slow' it's going. Just passive listening as you breathe.