PDA

View Full Version : energy work question, intensity?

mightything
29th September 2011, 05:52 PM
hey, im new in the since that this is my first post.
but ive visited before.
recent i had a very bad kundalini experience.
i was retching and heaving even water for hours after...also my left arm went numb.
but that not really why im here. im here because i want to know if its okay to take my work to the next level.
obviously things went bad because i wasn't ready.
i posted my exp on another site and they suggested top down chakra work and i have been doing so.
and it feels different. i like it. (shruggs) but i feel like just changing that isnt enough.
ive been doing it (enrgy wrk) for the first 6 month dedicatedly and took a simi break for at least one and a half and now here i am.
do you guys thinks its unsafe to do top down in the morning time and down top in the evenings/before sleep?

ive recently took to incorporating the micro orbit. and i still do energy raising. but my spines still buzzing and im prolly gona try it again and to be honest i dont want to puke for half the night.

also the experience happened the night i decided to stop breaking lol.

thanks.

CFTraveler
29th September 2011, 05:55 PM
Please describe what you are doing in detail; how often, etc.

mightything
29th September 2011, 06:06 PM
almost everyday. i prestimulate as needed, then i (usually) start rising energy from the base and work all my chakras till i get a good feel of activation going,
i try not to skimp on any of them or show them less attention. then through out the day depending on how im feeling or what im doing i just raise energy. the past week ive been raising energy and micro orbiting.
the day the k exp happened i was doing work as usual and i felt an intense heat in my lower back, ive read a bit so i new what it was. and i did something i never did before. i rose it. and regretted it. aside from the puking and numb arm. i had the worst headache of my life.

i use my energy work mostly on my gf, she has alot of aches and pains that need tending to.
periodically, mostly when the mood strike me. i work on things like energy/psi balls in the hope to gain more control over the heat and enrgy my hands emit.

lately ive been feeling the energy more. im sure i took a break because the feeling were getting to the point of me having a harder time feeling them and that worried me.

also when it happened, i was listening to epsilion by jeffrey thompson.
i dont always listen to meditation tracks but his are my fave, (just trying to fill in as many gaps as possible)

mightything
5th October 2011, 02:22 PM
bump...

CFTraveler
5th October 2011, 02:29 PM
I think you should add a few things to your repertoire: elemental work, especially when you do top-down do it with water.
As to 'should you take it to the next level', I would say you should do a bunch of grounding and mindfulness work first, and then see how it feels.
I am one of those people who think that Kundalini happens, and it's better to be ready when it does (hence all the energy work we do) but to not try to force it, because that's what causes the bad stuff to happen. And you've already had a taste of that.
Listen to your body and your astral body (your emotional body)- gauge where it is, and how far you want to push it.
I like the 'top down with cool water" work first, to clear pathways first, before the raising work, especially if you're already K-active.
Good luck.

mightything
5th October 2011, 04:56 PM
hm.. can i ask you a few things. like mindfulness? what is that exactly
and something i never understood is how does one add elements to the energy? i mean you dont have to break it down for me urself but if you could point me in the right direction. (google sucks now a days)
people talk about it, ive seen it in more than one book or article. i guess most posters/authors assume if you are that far you just know. my enrgy always tend to run hot or feel like air when moving.
also you have a good point, i shouldnt try to rush it or i might get hurt. thank you.

CFTraveler
5th October 2011, 05:38 PM
Mindfulness is "a practice designed to focus one's attention intensely on the moment, noting thoughts and feelings as they occur but refraining from judging or acting on those thoughts and feelings. The intent is to deepen awareness of the present, develop skills of focused attention, and cultivate positive emotions such as compassion."

from this thread http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?166-Meditation-Research&highlight=

Basically you go through your day without doing anything automatically- every movement is conscious and deliberate, and takes a lot longer than 'normally'. It just puts you in the 'now' and gets you out of your own head.
I'm sure wikipedia has more information, but that's my definition, the way I've practiced it.

Elements (not to be confused by chemical/scientific elements) are how Hermetic Magicians classify the world, broken down to it's conceptual components, fire, air, water and earth. The fifth 'element' (quintessence) which is not really an 'element' is akasha, or spirit.
Each element is a property of matter- fire is heat and radiative, water is cool and magnetic, air is, well, airy and light, and earth is compact and dense.
In hermetics everything has all these qualities and you identify with them as you work with energies.
For example, if you're prone to be bad-tempered and explosive, you're probably fire-dominant, and can use this in your energy work.
The point of hermetics to work with your energetic development in a balanced way.
The way elements are added to energy work is to achieve balance, by using them as visualizations in your energy work to achieve results (depending on what the results are.)
Now, in Kundalini work, (which is from a different tradition than hermetics) the K is also described as a 'flame' as it comes up- most probably because it feels hot (electric) and because, like heat, it rises.
There is a type of Kundalini cultivation exercise (I could be wrong, you might have to research this, because I'm going from memory) I think it's called Tummo, which uses water element (which is cool, magnetic and like water it flows downward) which prepares the circuits by flowing down. Tummo (?) practitioners usually start at the crown and go downwards first with cool water before going up with fire, making the flame less traumatic, or so it's supposed to.
I personally used it once, to calm things down when they were going crazy, but I've never been sure that they just ran their course. I prefer to think that it worked.
For more info about elements, Franz Bardon wrote my favorite version of Hermetics (Initiation into Hermetics) and Rawn Clark's website has a lot of good articles and wrote A Bardon Companion (I have both IIH and ABC) to clarify a lot of what Bardon teaches.
I recommend Clark's explanations about elements and fluids and all that good stuff.

mightything
5th October 2011, 05:51 PM
good stuff. you gave me alot to think about and research. ive never heard of tummo but my fingers aint broken, ima go looking.
thank you cft.

CFTraveler
5th October 2011, 06:11 PM
I believe I meant Reiki Tummo, and not Indian Tummo... still not sure.
But you may find this useful.
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?4808-Opening-gateways-of-stones-amp-untying-knots-of-chakras

mightything
5th October 2011, 11:30 PM
lol. that shear amount of information and thoroughness is intimidating.

idk im not worried, just man theres alot i been missing out on and alot i have to do. i still feel resistance when doing the orbit. to be honest i never really was any good at the full circuit thing, and sometimes i feel like the energy gets stuck around my brow for a sec, but i find it harder to move around my heart. it feels almost like it get sucked in or wants to stay.