PDA

View Full Version : Moving energy through or to?

chakra74
20th April 2006, 01:15 AM
Today while I was at work bored, I started thinking about whether it is more beneficial to move energy to a chakra or through it onto the next?

For instance, if you wanted to open your third eye, would you normally draw the energy up through your legs through all your chakras and into your third eye (or up the arms to the third eye). Or, would you draw up the energy and then allow the energy to flow through your third eye and up to the crown and out the top?

When working with energy I often do both of these practices, but I thought I would ask you guys what you have found to be the better solution?

FlickeringThoughts
20th April 2006, 01:50 AM
I haven't really noticed that much of a difference, honestly..

When I am working on my own chakras, I usually draw energy from around me.

When I am working on someone elses energy, I take the energy from around me and pass it through myself and onto them (usually through palm)

-edit : When I mean pass it through myself, I mean I take it through what you said..passing it through each chakra until I need to "branch off" to my arm.

Both seem to work fine..

Does that make sense?

Kevin

Matthew
20th April 2006, 01:42 PM
Hmmm... good question, chakra74.

Here is your question:

whether it is more beneficial to move energy to a chakra or through it onto the next?

Let's define this question a little further.

First, in asking whether to go "to" or "through" the chakra, what energy system are you seeing as the primary beneficiary? In other words, are you asking whether the chakra will benefit the most or the energy body as a whole?

Second, what exactly do you mean here by "beneficial?" I can see this being interpreted in two ways either as "most balancing" or as "drawing the most energy."

Although this may sound like symantics, I believe the answer lies in how these questions are answered. For example, in my own experience, bringing energy "to" the chakra brings more energy to it than going "through." However, drawing "through" helps to balance it with the other chakras.

This is a short answer to a question that deserves a chapter in one of Bruce's upcoming books. It brings up the subjects of energy cultivation, balancing the chakra system, and ultimately the question, "what is the function of the energy body we are supporting through NEW?".

-Matthew

chakra74
20th April 2006, 04:15 PM
I guess there are a lot of questions like this that have no concrete answers yet. Thank you both for your responses.

The energy balancing vs energy raising is a good argument and I could probably live with that explanation until someone proves it wrong. My original question was aiming more towards increasing the energy in one particular chakra that might be less developed then the others. Would it be better to send the energy to the chakra and stay there, or would moving through the chakras be better?

If one was in the process of using their clairvoyance and knew they needed energy at their third eye would you stop your energy at the third eye or would you move through it? The same question could be asked for the heart chakra for healing, or throat for clairaudience etc.

I guess we're kind of like early settlers and we'll have to figure out more so the next generation doesn't have to ponder these things.

Matthew
20th April 2006, 10:13 PM
I would definitely like to see more objective experimentation on this issue.

I personally send energy "to" the chakra when I am using my third-eye for reading auras. Is this the best practice? I have no idea. It could be better to swirl it around the head three times while yelling, "yaba daba doo" for all I know.

However, in utilizing another chakra- the heart chakra- for healing, I run the energy "through" the chakra and down my arms. Again, maybe shouting, "Ai caramba!" would help.

In the case of an undeveloped chakra, I would say that using both techniques would be best.

-Matthew

CFTraveler
20th April 2006, 10:52 PM
Personally, I prefer: "Cowabunga" :lol:

jalef
21st April 2006, 04:19 PM
i get the stronger energy sensations if i move the energy to the chakra and focus on it.

21st April 2006, 05:13 PM
Matthew, you left out "Abracadabra"! :D

I have read so many books on chakras and energy AND heard so many teachers and experts regarding the subject. None of them says the same thing. I've come to the conclusion that everything is perception. I mean everything, not just energy. I believe that your intent is what's important. That energy and chakra's behave according to what YOU want them to do and behave.

If you believe that yelling "Abracadabra" will increase the power in your chakras, then it will. If you believe that "imagining" them will increase the power, then it will. Anything you can dream up that you believe will work...will.

There are so many "experts" on every metaphysical subject that don't agree. That's why everything is so confusing. Even the oldest belief systems in the east don't agree. So, for me, I just do what feels right for me, envision what feels right for me, and hold the intention of what I want to happen.

It's nice that so many people are willing to share their beliefs and experiences through books, workshops, schools, and even the internet. It helps in developing a system that works for you. But, people who "know" absolutely the only right way to do something...I take them with a grain of salt. It's always funny when 2 people "know" something "absolutely", but they are saying completely different things. I think it would be better for everyone all around if people would just say "this is what works for me". Then, the novice's would understand that they can come up with their own system as they develop. So, substitute "this is what works for me" for "I know" whenever you are reading someone's explanation. Including mine. :D

star
21st April 2006, 05:15 PM
I think your body can only hold so much energy at a time, so letting it overflow into the enviroment would allow for you to draw more.

Scorpyn
24th April 2006, 12:37 AM
I think your body can only hold so much energy at a time, so letting it overflow into the enviroment would allow for you to draw more.
And making it stay in the same place would make it possible to gather more energy in total :wink:

Personally I'd say both methods should be done for optimal effect - just not at the same time.