PDA

View Full Version : Giving this a go again... Help me

ProbableReality
9th October 2011, 08:32 PM
I've been reading about AP/OBE for a decade now and have always been interested. I believe I have had at least one spontaneous projection while sleeping on a family members couch. That was interesting but at the same time vague and difficult to remember. I can't say it was an OBE for sure because for one I could not verify anything during the experience and two I have read that an OBE is clear and visceral in comparison to a dream.

My attempts at practicing to have a concuss OBE have been short and sporadic over the years. My big problem has to do with my motivation. I understand what there is to see and learn during an OBE. I have read how fulfilling and adventuresome it can be but at the same time I find myself easily frustrated with the process. When I start practicing I like to listen to the guided audio programs provided by William Buhlman and the like. When I'm part way into a session I'll get an itch or have to clear my nose or feel the need to shift in order to get comfortable and after that I've lost my state of mind and feel the need to start over. Once I do, again it's an itch or something and over and over again it gets frustrating and I feel that all I am developing is a negative connotation about the whole thing.

I want to have an experience of my own. I want to explore. But the whole thing drives me mad so I stop. I need help.

CFTraveler
9th October 2011, 10:39 PM
Hi ProbableReality and welcome to the forums.

I've been reading about AP/OBE for a decade now and have always been interested. I believe I have had at least one spontaneous projection while sleeping on a family members couch. That was interesting but at the same time vague and difficult to remember. I can't say it was an OBE for sure because for one I could not verify anything during the experience and two I have read that an OBE is clear and visceral in comparison to a dream. I'm not so sure about about those guidelines- I've had clear verifiable OBEs and some that were no different in quality from a dream- there are so many variables in the experience, that I only classify them according to exit, to make it clear in my own mind.

My attempts at practicing to have a concuss OBE have been short and sporadic over the years. My big problem has to do with my motivation. I understand what there is to see and learn during an OBE. I have read how fulfilling and adventuresome it can be but at the same time I find myself easily frustrated with the process. When I start practicing I like to listen to the guided audio programs provided by William Buhlman and the like. When I'm part way into a session I'll get an itch or have to clear my nose or feel the need to shift in order to get comfortable and after that I've lost my state of mind and feel the need to start over. Once I do, again it's an itch or something and over and over again it gets frustrating and I feel that all I am developing is a negative connotation about the whole thing. Well I hope we can help you with that. Are you going to follow a specific formula, or have you planned how you are going to schedule it?

ProbableReality
10th October 2011, 12:38 AM
Hi CFTaveler

I still need to discover what works for me. There are so many techniques and programs out there its hard to know. Lately I have been listening to William Buhlman's 'how to have an out of body experience' CD's that integrate relaxation, hypnosis, and visualization. So far its been a disaster. It's supposed to lull you down into an altered state of mind. So I'm getting into it and then my nose itches and totally takes me out if it. On top of that I have ADD so my mind goes off in its own direction when I should be visualizing something or flowing the voices instructions. I zone out some times and miss half of it.

I would like to know what there is out there that works for people who have the same problems I do.

greytraveller
11th October 2011, 10:24 PM
Greetings ProbableReality and welcome.
I agree with CFTraveler in that not all OBEs are clear. I have had several OBEs where I remained close to my physical body and that caused confusion, disorientation and blurry astral vision. Also, being able to verify anything (physical) while out of body (OOB) is actually extremely rare.
One method of deliberately going OOB that you may want to explore is to first induce a lucid dream and then transition the LD into an OBE. (I have managed to do this several times.) LDs are actually easier to induce than OBEs as all you need to do is to recognize an incongruity in a normal dream and therefore realize that you are dreaming (= lucid dream).
My advice is stop trying the Buhlman CD as that obviously is not working and select another induction method. Keep at it and try to stay positive. Sooner or later you're sure to pick a method that will work for you.

Regards
Grey