PDA

View Full Version : Registering BWGen?

Sixskins
2nd November 2011, 01:28 AM
Hello all; does anyone know how to register BWGen these days, so as to import various presets? The default registration leads to a site which no longer carries the product.

CFTraveler
2nd November 2011, 02:36 AM
I see the original site is no longer hosting them, but you can get others from the Brainwave Generator website. (http://www.bwgen.com/presets.htm)
If this is not what you're looking for, my recommendation would be to contact Brian Mercer here: http://www.kaladrious.com/contact.htm
I think he'd have a better idea on how to help you with this.

Spacefrog
5th September 2013, 03:22 PM
I'm desperately trying to register BWGEN but the website is down. Is there any way I can obtain a serial for it?

CFTraveler
5th September 2013, 04:53 PM
There is no longer any way to register, it's not been in operation in a long time. However, you don't have to register it to use it. The original post with instructions to do so is no longer in existence, so I'm looking at the book now.

CFTraveler
5th September 2013, 05:15 PM
I couldn't find the link, so I'm going ahead and paraphrasing some BWGen instructions from the book.
When you install the CD Rom and click 'setup'.
>Install brainwave generator
>Next
>Accept license agreement.
>Accept default location, or choose your own. then Next.
>Install is complete. click Finish.
>Config wizard comes on, with your headphones follow balancing directions.

If it asks you to register, ignore it until it disappears, and you're all set to use the presets.

CFTraveler
5th September 2013, 05:21 PM
I found the original stickied topic for this issue:
"In order to use the sound programs associated with the Mastering Astral Projection daily exercises, you'll need to install the BrainWave Generator shareware program on your computer. 30 days after installing the shareware a message comes up asking you to register the software. The message remains there for several seconds. Eventually, the message disappears and you can use the software normally.You never need to register your software. It will always work for free."
-Brian Mercer

javalinar
5th September 2013, 06:13 PM
I'm desperately trying to register BWGEN but the website is down. Is there any way I can obtain a serial for it?

Thanks to CFTraveler for sending me the CD that came with MAP. I can confirm that you can use the BWGEN and presets without registering. Also, I'm in the process of converting them to MP3 (have done a few weeks so far) so I can listen to them on a portable player.

If anyone wants them, I'd be happy to share them so you don't have to deal with the BWGEN software/registration.

Spacefrog
8th September 2013, 04:07 PM
Ok I see. I know there is a way to work around the shareware when you want to load a custom preset but I thought it was a bit unhandy.

Frontline9
1st February 2014, 09:39 PM
Thanks to CFTraveler for sending me the CD that came with MAP. I can confirm that you can use the BWGEN and presets without registering. Also, I'm in the process of converting them to MP3 (have done a few weeks so far) so I can listen to them on a portable player.

If anyone wants them, I'd be happy to share them so you don't have to deal with the BWGEN software/registration.

Yes, I'd like the MP3s please. Thanks!