PDA

View Full Version : tried to have obe, had a vision instead?

lamommy78
7th November 2011, 03:12 AM
I was meditating early this morning before work. I have a sick patient that is in a coma and I had this idea that if I could project, maybe I could communicate with him on a deeper level than in the physical. I concentrated really hard on his face, imagined myself standing next to him in his hospital room and then I becan to get fleeting visions of people . It ended with a "vision" of a hallway as if I was standing right outside his room and looking toward the waiting room window glass where someone was moving around on the other side. I would say these visions are.very fleeting and last a few seconds. At least I'm making progress in something new.:)

greytraveller
7th November 2011, 03:25 AM
Hallo lamommy
Those visions that you saw were probably what is known as hypnagogic images (HI). HI are the pre-visions that eventually coalesce and form into full dreams. In fact one way to become lucid in a dream is to attempt to stay awake and watch as those visions Do become a full dream (with dreamscape, dream characters, a story plot, audio, et al). This is known as the W.I.L.D. (or Wake Induced Lucid Dream) , method. So, even though you did not manage to get out of body you Are 'making progress' in the related and parallel activity of HI and lucid dreaming.

Regards
Grey

CFTraveler
7th November 2011, 02:55 PM
To add to what Grey said, you were in the pre-projection state, were this close. Shifted or on the shift, but not separated.

lamommy78
11th November 2011, 02:39 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to keep working at it. I will definitely post if I make further progress.