PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

AstralCB
10th November 2011, 12:11 AM
This is my official first post and with that I say "Hello to everyone!".

Let me give a little history and overview of where I am currently in my life as far as spiritual growth, etc. Keep in mind these are my experiences and in no way reflect on anyone else.

I grew up going to church on and off. In my mid to late 20's I went to church quite regularly. As I approached my 30's I started to realize I was getting a gut feeling every time I would go to church. This feeling seemed to grow until I eventually started to sit quietly and study the feeling. I started to realize that I was confused by some of what the church was trying to teach.

To be very general, I felt as if I was being supressed or controlled by the church (or should I say religion). After much inner study, I came to the conclusion that I would stop going to church for some time and see what happened. For a while it felt like my world was spinning out of control. Then a few months later while I had some quiet time, I sat silent and searched inward. I began to realize I had a very good feeling there, as if I was set free. I knew then that I had made the right choice for me personally.

From there I started to scour the net for information on life and the different views of it. It was as if something was driving me to search for answers or something else in general. Let me go back for a minute.....

I have always had an interest in things like Astral Travel, psychic abilities, etc. When I was 20 years old I was renting out an attic space at one of my friends parents until I could afford an apartment or house. It was there that I actually started my first training in Astral Travel. I bought a book on Astral Travel and followed the guidelines for 1 month to the day when I had my first OBE. It was short, only about 10 seconds. But I will never forget it. It scared the crap outta me! I really had little idea what I was getting into or what to expect. The book gave good training lessons, but didn't really prepare me for what to expect. There were no loud noises like many people experience. It was actually quite a smooth transition. I was imagining floating above my body near the ceiling and slowly turned around to face down at the bed I was in. As I was turning I remember the room seemed to come into focus, like really well.

As I looked down at the bed I remember a quick thought of "Wow, everything looks perfectly clear". When I looked at my body, I realized I was actually floating above my physical body and looking down at it! The first thing I felt/thought at that point was that I was going to die. I started to panick but caught myself and started to calm down. The next thought was to open my physical eyes and see if I could see me floating. I actually opened my physical eyes (I saw this with my astral vision) and I instantly snapped back into my physical body, which scared me quite a bit. I sat there for a while with a very fast heart rate and told myself I wasn't doing that again.

I've had a few other things happen in my life that point to the psychic side of things. Things like concentrating on the back of a friends neck and making him itch it (which worked and he then turned and gave me a weird look), guessing 3 random cards in a row from a deck of cards (I believe the next attempt was me thinking 3/clubs and it was a 3/hearts) before I just started guessing rather than sensing them. One other thing was using a computer program that sets out random symbols and you have to choose the right one. After going 1 for 20 (guessing) I actually quietted my mind and started waiting for a sign (which came as a thrap on my palm when I was over the correct symbol). I went 5 for 5 like this and got weirded out a bit so went on doing other things.

Since the time I started searching for answers on the net, things like meditation, Yoga, energy movement, psychic abilities, astral travel, etc seemed to be the main things I kept coming across. To shorten this long-winded story up a bit, I have since become a 2nd level attuned Reiki practitioner (Lots of neat stories there!!). I have also absorbed a ton of knowledge on many subjects. The last few months have brought me back into learning about Astral travel. I have Robert and Brian's book, MAP. I am currently on day 23 of the program. I am getting great energy movement throughout my body and am looking forward to getting the Chakras going and whatever comes after that. I have to admit I have been trying regularly to have an OBE (before I bought MAP), and have been close a few times (lots of mild vibrations, paralysis, etc), but nothing yet. I'm hoping to get out soon as I continue to follow the MAP program. This time I know I am ready! I am excited to do this and will admit I kick myself now and then for not continuing 20 years ago when I first had the OBE. I guess I just wasn't ready for it then.

I have dedicated these last 10 years to really maturing as a person (still have a lot of work to do) on many levels of my being. Now I really feel a drive to accelerate my spiritual growth and for me personally I know that path is leading me to Astral Travel. This time I will continue and I will do whatever it is my higher-self instructs me to do. I look forward to talking with everyone here! :D

CFTraveler
10th November 2011, 01:19 AM
Welcome to the forums, Astral CB. I hope you enjoy it here and find it helpful.

AstralCB
10th November 2011, 01:40 AM
Thank you CFTraveler.

I have been reading these forums for a little over a week now and thought I should join since there are a lot of helpful people here. Who knows, maybe I'll even be able to offer some advice. ;)

Beekeeper
12th November 2011, 08:56 AM
Welcome, Astral CB, I wish you success in your ventures. :D

Neil Templar
12th November 2011, 03:24 PM
:) Greetings and welcome!

AstralCB
12th November 2011, 11:13 PM
Thank you for the welcomes! I am patiently working my way through the MAP program. I'm currently on day 26 and am really having fun activating the chakras.

Can't wait to get OOB like I did 20 years ago! :D

newfreedom
13th November 2011, 10:49 PM
Glad to hear you're having fun and Welcome ! :wave:

I really like your avatar picture, i love trees and with the sun shining through as it is, is just beautiful !:heart:

AstralCB
14th November 2011, 01:43 AM
Glad to hear you're having fun and Welcome ! :wave:

I really like your avatar picture, i love trees and with the sun shining through as it is, is just beautiful !:heart:

Thank you for the welcome, newfreedom! :D

greytraveller
15th November 2011, 05:08 AM
Greetings AstralCB
Religious teachings never fully prepare a person for an amazing Spiritual experience like an OBE or an astral projection. I remember having dozens (probably hundreds) of OBEs as a child and preteen. Yet because no one in church (or family or friends) ever discussed such things I never knew what those experiences were and considered them to be only special dreams. So, IMO, the Only true way to spiritual growth is through personal experience, not religious teaching.

Regards
Grey

AstralCB
15th November 2011, 12:55 PM
Greetings AstralCB
Religious teachings never fully prepare a person for an amazing Spiritual experience like an OBE or an astral projection. I remember having dozens (probably hundreds) of OBEs as a child and preteen. Yet because no one in church (or family or friends) ever discussed such things I never knew what those experiences were and considered them to be only special dreams. So, IMO, the Only true way to spiritual growth is through personal experience, not religious teaching.

Regards
Grey

Very well said, Greytraveller. And thank you for the greetings. :-)