PDA

View Full Version : Looking for other hemetics practioners

IronGega
15th November 2011, 03:12 AM
Title is pretty self explanitory.

I'm lookinf for any other hermetics will to practice with or to learn from

CFTraveler
15th November 2011, 03:28 AM
I'm studying IIH. Not an 'adept' or anything like that, just trying to learn some.

Aunt Clair
17th November 2011, 04:01 AM
I'm a Hermetic Magician and love to share with peers.

IronGega
17th November 2011, 08:39 PM
great ok um...ah this sucks, i dont know what questions to ask.

well i have BIIH on my notebook, i've seen the similarities between that and NEW and i know it's simply all about practice.

i guess the mian issues im having is learning to control/surpress thought but I read power of now a week ago and I practice it, not perfect, and I feel a sense of total bliss.

if there is anything you can teach me i'd be glad to learn

CFTraveler
17th November 2011, 09:34 PM
im having is learning to control/surpress thought Even though you do have to learn to control your mind, I think it is a mistake to assume you have to learn to suppress thought. Yes, there are exercises that teach this, amongst others that teach many other things, but it's not a particular focus of the practice. It's just one more way you learn to control your own mind.
If you are following Bardon's book, I also recommend Rawn Clark's A Bardon Companion, to be read at the same time as IIH, and Aunt Clair Hermetics online class has been very helpful for me. I don't interact much in there, but I do read it and consider it an invaluable resource.

IronGega
18th November 2011, 04:28 PM
i can't seem to find the class, where is it and what does it teach?

CFTraveler
18th November 2011, 10:30 PM
Here:
http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php/board,36.0.html

IronGega
19th November 2011, 08:38 PM
says registration is temp down.

is it nessesary to join another fourm or are ou bot hwilling to teach and practice here as well?

CFTraveler
19th November 2011, 10:01 PM
You don't have to register in that case, just go through the posts in order- for example Step one- read the Step in the Bardon book, read the supporting material in the Clark book (which is in pdf on the net) and if you still have a question, go to the River forum and look at the step, how she's described it, or her comments.
If you still have questions, feel free to come back here and ask them.
I am happy to help if I can, and if it's something too sophisticated for me, Aunt Clair might be able to assist you.
ATM I'm up to Step six, so I might be able to help with lower steps, if I can.

IronGega
21st November 2011, 03:56 PM
i noticed that aot that is written is also in robert's energy work. and astral dynamics.

i think i read someone saying that after the 5th exercises things are alot easier, i really just need some folks to learn from and practice with who have exp. doing it by myself i'm really not sure.

i'd love to learn from either and both of you contanct me and let me know when you'd like to start etc

CFTraveler
21st November 2011, 04:00 PM
You can start at any time and pm me (or keep this thread as support for you, that way others can benefit from it.) And yes, the first steps are more intensive (more to do, more to practice) but I don't know if it gets easier- you'll see why when you get to a certain point.

IronGega
21st November 2011, 07:41 PM
ok well i''l tell you what im working on now. ATM im practcing the power of now to help me be more present and control my thinking.

absorbing energy and elements is easy for me to do as is all the physical training. right now i'm jsut trying to learn thought control to catch up with the physical.

IronGega
24th November 2011, 12:26 AM
I'm a Hermetic Magician and love to share with peers.

I'd love to learn from you and CFT. contact me I'm ready to get started

Aunt Clair
19th December 2011, 02:52 AM
I can be reached on Skype and offer free spiritual readings and projections, discussions and circle . I am often online in the mornings Perth Western Australia time.

IronGega
4th January 2012, 08:35 PM
i'll contact you on there then

Aunt Clair
7th January 2012, 05:52 AM
13 of us from diverse groups and forums have been meeting casually since 1 Jan 2012.

London 11pm-1am
Washington 6pm-8pm
Perth 7am-9am

3 to 13 of us have met each day at this time on Skype. One of my favourite discussions was lead by a magician from Hungary concerning Psychic Surgery.

You do not have to join another forum. All Hermeticists and other paradigm magicians from AD are welcome. It is casual, open and free . Regrets and RSVP are not necessary . Just drop in when you are keen and available. And if you are busy when called, ignore us and do not reply. Simple.

Download Free Skype (http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/)

World Clock (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/)