PDA

View Full Version : Chanting & Meditation

sono2
17th November 2011, 05:23 AM
I'd like to post a link to Mokurai's channel - I find the energies released by his chanting (even over the pc!) are immense!

http://www.youtube.com/user/mokurai81#p/a/u/1/RuGTpNRXMgE

I thought I had posted this link before, but I can't find it. . . :wacky1:

Also, has anyone exerimented with using 2 different forms of Om mani padme hung (pronounced om mani peme hung) & the version "Om mASI peme hung" I'd love to hear what others experienced.

Beekeeper
17th November 2011, 08:22 AM
We did a humming chant that I'd never tried before when I did my yoga teacher training. Then I think we concentrated on energy between the hands. We were seated on the floor. I began to feel huge waves of energy moving up from my feet, that it, it felt as if I was becoming waveforms rather than solid and parts of my body (like the middle section of an arm) felt as though they had ceased to exist. It was a bit different to previous experiences I'd had. It would have been good to see where it went but someone else was in control of the timing and so I had to cease the practice with everyone else.

Kali's Child
17th November 2011, 08:57 AM
Dude really gets after it, doesn't he? Shame about the distortion on the audio... I bet it feels good to really let it rip like that. I think I'll try it next time I get the house to myself.

Beek, You should follow up on that a.s.a.p. while it's still fresh! Sounds like an incredible experience.

Beekeeper
17th November 2011, 09:00 AM
It's not fresh, Kali. It was a couple of years ago towards the end of a ten day intensive with several sessions of yoga and meditation daily, vegetarianism and 5am starts. Something was bound to happen! :lol:

Kali's Child
17th November 2011, 09:04 AM
-10 points for reading comprehension.... :oops:

Beekeeper
17th November 2011, 09:06 AM
:lol: Never feel embarrassed around me, friend.

CFTraveler
17th November 2011, 02:52 PM
Interesting. Very enjoyable.