PDA

View Full Version : Meditation on medication

Magus
1st December 2011, 09:13 AM
Im currently hospitalized and recieving an allopathic treatment, which means synthetic drugs or posion if you will. In my situation its the best option aftertrying natural ways of dealing with my illness. Anyway, the medication im getting is affecting my mood in that it makes me irritated and somewhat aggresive. My mind is also racing away and i get hang ups on different people who i find irritating for the moment. I see im reacting irrational, but i cant help it. When im trying to meditate it is really hard to keep my mind quiet and not go off on some small issue. I can see what im doing, but find myself powerless over the situation. I try to meditate three times a day, but its hard to keep my motivation up because my mind is drifting over to the irritation and aggresive behaviour. Does anyone have any suggestions?:banghead:

IA56
1st December 2011, 09:52 AM
Hi Magus.
WoW ...what an opportunity you have here to learn deep deep relaxation breathing....Keep on breathing until you find the peace..
and see how long time it takeĀ“s for your mind to change.

Love

Magus
1st December 2011, 11:00 AM
Phew! Thats it, isnt it. Think i was looking for an easy way out...again. Will focus my attention on my breath. Starting in some minutes. Thanks for the boot up my bottom!

CFTraveler
1st December 2011, 06:17 PM
That is awesome advice, IA. When I read the topic, I immediately thought "Tai Chi" or Qi Gong, because being a moving meditation it channels the anxiety away from you, but I'm not sure what your mobility is ATM and it requires previous knowledge or a teacher, something not necessarily available in a hospital setting.
So simple yet so effective- deep breathing is very helpful for anxiety, even panic attacks.