PDA

View Full Version : Hearing music in meditation

AstralCB
4th December 2011, 04:15 PM
Hello everyone!

I was meditating a little while ago (a form of Vipassana meditation). I was about 40 minutes or so into my meditation and I started hearing music. It was very quiet at first but I could make out a pattern that was repeating over and over. If I had to guess the instrument that was making the sound, I would say it was closest to a Harp (oddly enough). This went on for about 3 to 5 minutes and I finally set my mind on the music. It got louder when I did this( but not a lot louder). The song (or part of a song) seemed much more beautiful when it got a bit louder as I could hear it better.

When I first heard the music I briefly tried to rationalize it. However no one else was home (which is one reason I chose to meditate at this time) so that ruled out anyone playing on the keyboard downstairs. The other brief thought was someone outside blasting some form of music. However it's 35 degrees here and none of our neighbors do that kind of thing, even in the summertime. And who would play one part of a song over and over again for 3 to 5 minutes?

After I focused on the music and it got a bit louder (about 30 seconds or so) I thought to myself (yes my meditation was slipping at this point since I started thinking, lol), "I should get up and search around for the source of the music." Right then the music stopped, just as quickly as it started. So after a prayer of thanks for the meditation I got up and searched the house and even outside for a source to the music. As expected, I found nothing that could have possibly made that sound and no one was outside or in their garages even.

So to conclude this, I believe I have heard my first music/sounds from meditation. I have had visions before and even attained a state of bliss for about an hour and a half thanks to meditation, but this is a first for me. I have been dedicating myself to meditation a lot more recently so I am very excited for this to happen, even though I have no idea what it represents.

The only thing I can say is I have been asking my Higher-self to communicate with me more directly. Hopefully this is a beginning to those prayers/requests. :-)

GRANT
4th December 2011, 06:24 PM
At times, you will hear the most beautiful music while meditating or trancing. Just "listen" and enjoy.
Grant

Beekeeper
5th December 2011, 09:44 AM
Yes, I've experienced it too. It doesn't appear to be the same as hypnagogic noise.

GRANT
5th December 2011, 08:28 PM
Hi Gang,

No, its not noise. Its actually music. It may take a while to realize that its not in the phyical realm. Maybe, it could be actual music coming from someplace on the Earth through some atmospheric channel (true phenomomena); but, I think its from an Astral or spiritual realm. When this happens to me, I find it better to just listen to it--it is beautiful. This is actual, understandable music.

Hypnagogics (sounds or visions) seem to be interdimentional.

Grant

AstralCB
8th December 2011, 11:27 PM
It was very peaceful and it was easy to listen to. :-)

SiriusTraveler
9th December 2011, 09:54 AM
I use to hear birds singing for some reason. Its winter here now and at the time i meditate birds usually dont sing at all but I can still hear birds ocasionally. I have a Philips Wakeup Light lapm with birdsong as a waking signla but the alarm certainly is'nt going off when i meditate, as I make sure it wont.
So I experience somethingsimilar you your music. Happened several times now and even though I dont think about it much I cant help wonder where it comes from.

sono2
9th December 2011, 11:14 AM
Apparently it's supposed to be a great spiritual blessing to hear music! I used to hear cow bells at one time.

GRANT
9th December 2011, 06:48 PM
There are Astral sounds usually at or near a projection. But, the music is different. I think the Astral sounds are just that, but recognizable sounds (music or other) during meditation--or at other times is different. I believe we're just supposed to listen to them.

Grant

SoulSail
9th December 2011, 08:18 PM
It's called Nad, or Nada, I believe, and is a fairly ancient meditation practice. If you focus on the sound of your personal vibration intently, you can usually hear any number of amazing things. And over time, they become clearer, more distinct. Enjoy!

CFTraveler
9th December 2011, 11:17 PM
It's called Nad, or Nada, I believe, and is a fairly ancient meditation practice. If you focus on the sound of your personal vibration intently, you can usually hear any number of amazing things. And over time, they become clearer, more distinct. Enjoy! Ha ha and I thought I'd come up with it.
Years ago when I started getting good results with it I found out another guy (named Birm) had also come up with it and called it 'The Triangle Method'. I guess we were just 'discovering' what someone else discovered long ago.

GRANT
10th December 2011, 08:38 PM
The Nadi's produce two tone, one each, comprising of the Odic and Actinic nerve current forces. These currents also combine to produce a third composite tone. (I can't remember its name right now)

I suppose that overtones are also produced and, perhaps, some of the tones heard are a mixing of the harmonics of the tones; don't know for sure. If so, there may be some ultrasonic and subsonic tones that are not heard, but still perceived by our body.

Grant

AstralCB
12th December 2011, 11:18 PM
It's called Nad, or Nada, I believe, and is a fairly ancient meditation practice. If you focus on the sound of your personal vibration intently, you can usually hear any number of amazing things. And over time, they become clearer, more distinct. Enjoy!

Interesting that you say this. I quite often find myself prefering to listen to the sound of my vibrations rather than focusing on my breath or something else. In fact I'm pretty sure I was focused on my vibrational sounds when this started to happen. Interesting!

GRANT
13th December 2011, 05:44 PM
You can focus on these tones, they are very good to use when trying to trance; however, they can become quite LOUD, even at time distracting. (for me anyway) The tones are also the pingala and Ida nadis, moreso than the Odic and Atinic.

Grant

SiriusTraveler
21st December 2011, 03:18 PM
Just meditated and i thouth i heard some distant birds singing. Also heard some beebs and some music. Sounded a bit electronic and a bit tribal. It was only for 3 - 4 seconds but I was really glad I heard it.
Have no clue as to what it means but I cant help to feel that I'v come a bit further in my meditating. Im trying Vipassana meditation and finding it really hard to keep focus.

SoulSail
26th December 2011, 02:03 AM
Im trying Vipassana meditation and finding it really hard to keep focus.

Hey Sirius,

Keep with it. It took me a solid four months of daily Vipassana before I was able to carve out more than three minutes of pure silent awareness, but the results are more than worth it.

Soul

chinky805
28th September 2018, 02:32 AM
oh my goodnness! i'm so glad i found this thread.
I've been having different experiences while meditating and hearing music was one of them. When I meditate, I use noise cancelling headphones so i can't hear the cars passing by outside the house (my house is next to the main road) so the music was definitely not from the physical world.
The first music I heard was a sound of i think a flute...it was amazing. I wondered where the music came from but I listened to it anyway, it went on for i think 7-10 minutes.
Then on September 20, 2018, it happened again, but I listened to the full song of My Heart Will Go on. The only thing is it wasn't Celine Dion singing the song but someone else and it was only pure voice, no instruments..but the voice was very beautiful! Full of soul and just deep and amazing..I cant even explain how beautiful it was.
I only said "thank you" without knowing who to thank for.. I was in deep meditation but I almost cried while listening to the song. After she finished singing and after thanking her, I woke up and very emotional, still can't believe what I heard.