PDA

View Full Version : Putting It All Together

imogen
15th December 2011, 09:12 PM
I really do not know how to introduce myself. I have more questions than answers. I am 46 years old. I felt like an old sage in my youth. Now I feel like a babe in the woods. Before puberty I experienced many kinds out-of-body episodes, flying and lucid dreams. I was always highly intuitive, and sought for a gift of seeing into the interior lives of people around me, informally at different times of my life. I had natural clairvoyants, but I was also raised as a Christian where until interpreted by charismatic or Pentacostal experiences, the tendencies were frowned upon, and certainly limited. I believe that since I am 1/3 American Native (Yupik/Cherokee) that it has given me a genetic predisposition to be more receptive to alternate consciousness, as studying my native heritage (I was raised without deep cultural connections) has given me revelation insight. Also, I was raised in the wilderness with a lot of time and solitude to contemplate and interact with the natural world energies. I probably, even though I have been college educated in philosophy, social anthropology, and religion, have a more experiential understanding of metaphysics than in verbal terms. Much of what I have read on this FORUM seems very familiar to me, but I have yet to sort all of it through my own experience. At the moment, I relate deeply to energy training and the descriptions of certain psychic abilities. I do not have conscious OBE, but I know a trance state where I "see" shadowy structures, a weblike relationship between people I have called CLUSTERS that open into windows where I see influences on a soul level. I just went through a new awareness and acceptance of these abilities in the last six months, and described them to my husband (who is very open), then I find nearly the same descriptions in Robert Bryce's books ... I was given awareness of my higher self, and even a name to call this person, who is also me. There have been such internal conflicts since this realization between simple earthly me and higher self. I am still sorting things out, and all this without having conscious OBE?

I also work freakishly well with archetypes such as tarot cards both for personal divination and reading other people. This was never taught to me, from the moment I picked up my first cards I understood them. And THAT was frowned upon as well in religious circles, so I have not had the freedom until recently, shedding religious constraints that do not work for me anymore, to pursue the wonder and mystery of it, using several different decks.

CFTraveler
15th December 2011, 09:40 PM
I really do not know how to introduce myself. I have more questions than answers. Hi and welcome to the forums, Imogen. I just know we're going to get along just fine. :-)

I am 46 years old. I felt like an old sage in my youth. Now I feel like a babe in the woods. Before puberty I experienced many kinds out-of-body episodes, flying and lucid dreams. I was always highly intuitive, and sought for a gift of seeing into the interior lives of people around me, informally at different times of my life. Many of us have peak experiences before getting into any specific discipline, like OBE or any other form of mystical exploration.

I had natural clairvoyants, but I was also raised as a Christian where until interpreted by charismatic or Pentacostal experiences, the tendencies were frowned upon, and certainly limited. I believe that since I am 1/3 American Native (Yupik/Cherokee) that it has given me a genetic predisposition to be more receptive to alternate consciousness, as studying my native heritage (I was raised without deep cultural connections) has given me revelation insight. Also, I was raised in the wilderness with a lot of time and solitude to contemplate and interact with the natural world energies. That's a fascinating background. I grew up Catholic but my family also practiced Santeria, so I know the type of contradictory information you've had to deal with- more or less.

I probably, even though I have been college educated in philosophy, social anthropology, and religion, have a more experiential understanding of metaphysics than in verbal terms. Much of what I have read on this FORUM seems very familiar to me, but I have yet to sort all of it through my own experience. That's funny, that is similar to my education, but mine is a little more 'schizoid'. I went from Art History to Anthropology to Comparative Religion to Physical Anthropology and ended up going back and studying Electronics. The metaphysics I learned in school was just a base to add things that I later learned as part of church school (metaphysical church) and just research.
The more I experience the more I want to know, is how I process all of this.

At the moment, I relate deeply to energy training and the descriptions of certain psychic abilities. I do not have conscious OBE, but I know a trance state where I "see" shadowy structures, a weblike relationship between people I have called CLUSTERS that open into windows where I see influences on a soul level. I just went through a new awareness and acceptance of these abilities in the last six months, and described them to my husband (who is very open), then I find nearly the same descriptions in Robert Bryce's books ... I was given awareness of my higher self, and even a name to call this person, who is also me. There have been such internal conflicts since this realization between simple earthly me and higher self. I am still sorting things out, and all this without having conscious OBE? Of course, OBE is just one of the many tools you use to discover.
I hope we can help you with that, and welcome again.

imogen
15th December 2011, 10:04 PM
Is it common to be given a name for one's "higher self"? I was given a name, and was surprised when I looked it up that it meant, "the perfect heroine," almost as if my higher self has a pretty well developed sense of humor as well as drama. *lol* Also, within the same month, my husband awakened to his higher self, and we have had at least two conscious conversations in the past six months of his higher self speaking to my higher self, refering to our natural earthly selves by name. Imagination or real? Certainly, the experience was revelationary for the each of us in different ways. Like with religious epiphany's we quickly get bogged down by real world problems, but the knowledge and experience of higher communication certainly uplifts one and shifts our perspectives on our lives. My husbands and I are both artist's, so we do have well developed sense of intuition and imagination between us. My husband seems to struggle a whole lot more with differences between higher and natural self. In his current earthly experience, he suffers from dyslexia and learning disabilities. I see NO EVIDENCE of that when speaking to him higher mind to higher mind.

CFTraveler
15th December 2011, 10:31 PM
Is it common to be given a name for one's "higher self"? I don't know if it's common, but I've heard of it before. You may get more feedback if you post this question in the Psychic and Spiritual subforums, though.

imogen
16th December 2011, 03:05 AM
That subforum kind of makes me feel sick. *lol* I am at the place where I have abandoned religion that I was force fed all my life, then found a new identity (consciousness) in the old practises of my indigenous heritage, leading me to affirm relationships with the earth, all life forms as spirit beings, Great Spirit / Great Mystery -- the archetypes are alive, living and miraculous to me. Otter, Magpie, Bear, Eagle have given me lessons ... Grandmother - an ancient one - has guided me without words, but with much love. I have learned from whispers in the wind, water, earth and in the fire of my own body. Rocks have taught me earth history, and magic, and about fire medicine. Trees have taught me another kind of earth history, and of weathering all kinds of storms. All the teachings led me to realization of True Self. My ancestors practised OBE, knew alternate realities and travelled to other universes and met other beings; knew that this earth life is just a "robe." I wanted to learn or re-learn "journeying" and "shape-shifting" ... and my guides tell me to be open to learning other wisdom's and practises, but I am fearful of losing myself in it. The reason why I appreciated Robert Bryce's teachings in his books, is the practical knowledge that transcends cultural understandings. Not sure I am seeing that same attitude in topics of this forum, more like east vs west. The effect is giving me too broad a focus to lose myself in. Argh! I am sure my higher self is loving this ...

greytraveller
17th December 2011, 01:21 AM
Greeting imogen and welcome. Obviously you have already had many personal spiritual experiences. So I look forward to reading your posts in the forums here.

Regards
Grey

imogen
17th December 2011, 08:13 PM
Thank you CFTraveller and Grey. I think what you see here is someone who is expressing humbling "growing pains" after touring through this forum, trying to correlate my untutored, raw experiences, with the language I find here. It is overwhelming.

I did purchase the Manifestion/Energy Healing program, am reading Astral Dynamics, the 90 Day book, and the Energy Work book --- many things that I have or am experiencing are making sense to me. I lack an entire education to have continuously labeled things in my experience. It is wierd to realize this, but revolutionary.

I suppose this is why I chose to "manifest" an interpretation of my current existence through the ancestral DNA my body carries, that the simple archetypes in Native lore make sense of the natural world, and spiritual influences around me. This is but one way to interpret life on this earth as a higher being having an earthly experience.

I really appreciate how Robert teaches his concepts and metaphysical experiments in such a way as to not offend anyone's cultural or religious perspective. It does show true signs of an individual more conformed to the higher self.

Beekeeper
18th December 2011, 07:57 AM
I think what you see here is someone who is expressing humbling "growing pains" after touring through this forum, trying to correlate my untutored, raw experiences, with the language I find here. It is overwhelming.

This won't last. Forums are, by nature, eclectic because they unite people with diverse world views and cultural experiences. You'll quickly pick up terminology, especially if you ask and consult ADpedia. You'll find what resonates for you and what doesn't and you'll simply follow your own path. See those here as friends on the journey and even when they don't appear to be friendly, keep an open mind because they still might teach you something worthwhile.

Welcome. I hope you enjoy it and look forward to your posts. :D