PDA

View Full Version : getting sick?

synntropy
27th April 2006, 03:01 PM
I am on day three of the program.

Yesterday I came down with a nasty cold/allergies. It somehow seems related to the energy work. Thinking about working on energies right now makes my stomach turn. I don't know if they are truly related or not. Myabe I'm just sick and the thought of spending energy in places other than towards healing doesn't sound appealing.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this. Getting sick as a result of working on this stuff.

CFTraveler
27th April 2006, 09:16 PM
No, but RB in one of his works (can't remember which) recommends running energy up & down the thighs to stimulate the immune system. I hope you feel better!

27th April 2006, 09:17 PM
Hi Synntropy,
Colds are due to viruses. You have to catch them from another person, usually hand to hand contact. They blow their nose, don't wash their hands, then touch other people, who then touch their own nose, thereby getting the virus into their nasal passages, which turns into a cold. The old wive's tale of catching a cold from being out in the cold is not true. If you are already sick, then being out in the cold can lower your body temperature, which allows the virus to get a better foothold, thus making you sicker. When you first have a cold, you won't show any symptoms for a while. A fever (higher than approx. 100 degrees) is your bodies way of raising it's temperature to fight the virus.

So, back to energy. When you are sick, your physical energy is depleted and is needed to fight the virus. Doing "etheric" body energy work should have nothing to do with this. You probably don't have the physical energy to make the effort to do etheric body energy work. Whenever I am sick, I make the extra effort to do energy body healings on myself, and it always helps. However, the two energy bodies are intricately woven together, probably in ways that we can't even comprehend, though, so it probably makes it more difficult to do this type of healing on yourself when you aren't feeling well.

So, I don't think the cold/allergies came about because of the energy work you are doing. But, it might have something to do with the amount of energy you have available (both kinds) to do energy work. I'd relax, only do what feels "right" and not worry about it too much.

synntropy
28th April 2006, 09:20 PM
I like the idea of doing what feels right.

I have heard that people will go through a "healing crisis" when first starting out in Reiki.

That's an energy work too so I was wondering if there was any connection.

Thanks for the well wishes CF traveler! My sickness isn't gone yet but does appear to be changing which to me is a good sign. I'm not stagnant.

:)Chris

28th April 2006, 10:40 PM
Not very many go through a healing crisis when they start Reiki. Some just enjoy it, some find it extremely relaxing, some feel a great spiritual connection, some feel powerful energy surges, some feel nothing at all. Those who go through a crisis might have energy blockages or psychological blockages, but it doesn't usually last long. I didn't experience any crisis until I got into the higher levels of Reiki. But, I was going through some big emotional issues at the time, so there you have it.

I highly recommend NEW and Robert's ideas on healing. I'm a Reiki Master/Teacher, but prefer Robert's techniques. Developing your energy body seems to really help with healing.

synntropy
29th April 2006, 02:24 AM
I'll keep that in mind as I explore the NEW energy work.

I've not ever been a big fan of reiki. I just have a hard time accepting that the only way to work with the energy is through attunement. That aspect of it seems like a money scam to me.

casp911
9th May 2006, 11:32 PM
Hi!
Just wanted to say I experienced light nausea and had problems with digestion during the first two weeks of doing energy work. I chickened out and stopped altogether for a while. :) I plan on getting back on the program this summer.

synntropy
11th May 2006, 04:33 PM
did the symptoms stop when you stopped the program?

casp911
12th May 2006, 10:00 PM
sure enough!

but I have a gut condition so I my digestive system is probably oversensitive to those kinds of things.

Celeborn
13th May 2006, 05:42 PM
I've not ever been a big fan of reiki. I just have a hard time accepting that the only way to work with the energy is through attunement. That aspect of it seems like a money scam to me.

While it is true that some people have gone more than a little bit overboard with the money aspects of reiki, I have personally found that the energy I use when I do new or heart centered healing or chi kung feels VERY different from what I do when I use reiki. Reiki, for me at least, feels very warm and effortless, while using my own energy is tingly and much more conciously directed.

Reiki is absolutly not the only way to work with energy, and if a reiki person wants to be able to pull in a good flow of reiki energy they should do techniques like NEW to clear themselves out. But I don't think that this alone is any reason not to do reiki at all. It makes for a good complementary healing tool.

And the idea of shaktipat, or having a master transfer energy to a student, far predates reiki. I think that, like reiki attunments, this type of thing is very helpful to spring board a persons energybody into a higher level of action. But, I also feel that if such a person does not actually use the energy and develop it, they will quickly ust drop back to their previous state.

oobernaut
19th May 2006, 11:46 PM
I had a cold earlier this week. Since I had a lot of down time, I spent it doing a lot of energy work and it really helped! I felt tons better after every session. Also it relaxed me at the same time, so it was like napping, only more so. :lol:

Good idea to listen to yer body, they are full of wisdom.

After doing the program for a while now, I find myself naturally starting to stimulate toes and such when sitting for any period of time. I guess it's just fun to do, and feels good. Also it gives me a chance to probe my bod for anything that might be amiss, like hidden blockages or what feel like dead zones. This gives me a heads up to what is going on in there, behind the scenes.