PDA

View Full Version : ButterflyWoman's Intention Thread

ButterflyWoman
21st December 2011, 11:59 AM
I'm going to try this as an experiment and see how it goes. I'm just going to record some of my intentions here and then I'll keep note of which ones eventuate, and maybe something about how that happens. For privacy and personal reasons, I'll be using a couple of codenames or non-specific terms here an there.

I've misplaced two things I need and want to find. One is more important than the other. I know it's in my home somewhere, so it's just a matter of it turning up, but I'd like to find it (or both) before Christmas. So: I intend to find that which I've lost, immediately if not sooner, easily and effortlessly.

I intend for my immediate household a significant increase in income, easily and effortlessly, without a lot of drama or worry or struggling to achieve it. I intend the extra money to appear on its own, or with minimal difficulty, like picking ripe fruit from a tree.

I intend a drastic improvement in my overall health, including weight loss. I'm happy to increase my exercise, so I intend motivation to do that, and a clear path for how best to achieve that. I also intend a natural, effortless decrease in my overall appetite and a natural and effortless improvement in my food choices. I intend to simply want to eat more healthy food, food which will fuel my metabolism and help me burn fat, which, combined with the exercise I'm movitvated to do, will result in natural, safe weight loss and overall health improvement.

I intend for this forum to see an increase in intelligent, helpful, thoughtful members with interesting things to say. :)

poème
21st December 2011, 02:32 PM
I intend for this forum to see an increase in intelligent, helpful, thoughtful members with interesting things to say. :)
I'm especially with you on that one ;)
...And hope that you'll see results in all these other areas you mention as well ;)

Beekeeper
22nd December 2011, 08:50 AM
For the appetite reduction , see a naturopath at your health food store. Those people know stuff!

Pm me what it is you're looking for and I'll take a look for you.

ButterflyWoman
25th December 2011, 03:16 PM
No success in finding the lost items. I suspect strongly that this is either a game I play with myself for some reason I'm yet to discover (I've lost them before) or I have trouble finding them because I have some underlying belief that finding things is difficult. :roll:

Therefore, I'm going to add the intention to release whatever it is that causes me to those these particular items, and to release whatever it is that causes me to have trouble finding lost things (not just these things).

ButterflyWoman
28th December 2011, 12:21 PM
I found one of the "important" things today, just out of the blue. Still need the other. I did, however, find something I'd lost weeks ago and which I sorely missed, and I wasn't even intending it. It just turned up on its own (in a rather odd place), and I'm pleased to have it back.

Tom Booth
1st January 2012, 01:21 AM
I intend a drastic improvement in my overall health, including weight loss. I'm happy to increase my exercise, so I intend motivation to do that, and a clear path for how best to achieve that. I also intend a natural, effortless decrease in my overall appetite and a natural and effortless improvement in my food choices. I intend to simply want to eat more healthy food, food which will fuel my metabolism and help me burn fat, which, combined with the exercise I'm motivated to do, will result in natural, safe weight loss and overall health improvement.

Just a minor criticism. Or call it a "Tip" regarding methodology.

Many texts I've studied about intending, manifesting etc. suggest simply "pretending" or acting and believing as-if the manifestation or intention had ALREADY manifested and to feel the way you would or should feel.

In other words, to state: "I intend a drastic improvement in my overall health" is to, in essence confess and affirm "I'm currently in poor health, overweight, not motivated etc."

ButterflyWoman
1st January 2012, 02:58 AM
Many texts I've studied about intending, manifesting etc. suggest simply "pretending" or acting and believing as-if the manifestation or intention had ALREADY manifested and to feel the way you would or should feel.
Yes, I'm familiar with that methodology.

In other words, to state: "I intend a drastic improvement in my overall health" is to, in essence confess and affirm "I'm currently in poor health, overweight, not motivated etc."
Well, this is just a list for the sake of keeping track of it, really. A shopping list, if you like. But your point is taken.

Unfortunately, I find it extremely difficult to "lie to myself", which is why I have always found things like positive affirmations so useless, and even detrimental. Saying, "I have brilliant health" (or whatever) causes a little voice in my head to say, "Well, that's not true!" and it just ends up reinforcing the opposite. I've never found a way around that.

I have had generally good results from simply "planting the seeds" (intention) and then letting them grow, which is kind of what I'm doing now. :)

Tom Booth
1st January 2012, 10:15 PM
Unfortunately, I find it extremely difficult to "lie to myself", which is why I have always found things like positive affirmations so useless, and even detrimental. Saying, "I have brilliant health" (or whatever) causes a little voice in my head to say, "Well, that's not true!" and it just ends up reinforcing the opposite. I've never found a way around that.

I understand your point about feeling like repeating an affirmation that you know just isn't true seems like just lying to yourself. Also, I don't really see any value in trying to hypnotize oneself and to me affirmations seem too much like just that. So I've never used affirmations much either.

BTW I came here on your recommendation posted on the SP forum that just shut down recently. Thanks!

As far as the "little voice":

The way I found a way around that wasn't exactly a way around I guess, more like a way to eliminate or silence directly.

I use mostly visualization or imagination rather than trying to out-shout the
voices with affirmations.

In the situation you describe, for example; trying to "plant the seed" of "I have brilliant health":

I wouldn't use the words "I have brilliant health" at all, other than perhaps as a general concept or goal to be held in mind as a starting point.

I would simply just sit quietly, relax, completely silence my mind. Try to get into a deep meditative state and once there simply try to imagine or create a complete mental blueprint of what it would be like to be in perfect health. No words are used.

Try to imagine doing what you would do and imagine feeling how you would feel. Energetic, Happy, healthy. Make it as real as possible. In a sense, "daydream" about it.

As you are doing this the nagging voices will still arise, most likely.

As they do, rather than try to suppress or fight against them, or outshout them with affirmations, what I found helpful was to simply take note of them and let them pass. The best thing in my opinion is to do all this visualizing with a pen and paper in hand and if any negative thoughts, doubts, "voices" or whatever come up write them down. Write them ALL down.

These voices are what is "poisoning the well" so to speak.

Get it all down on paper in black and white.

I found that once I started doing this, as I wrote down each "doubt" and just took note of it and let it pass, eventually there wasn't anything left to write down. "The voices" had their say, were taken note of and recorded and there was nothing more that they had to add. Do this like a secretary taking down dictation. Don't change anything. just record it all as accurately and dispassionately as possible. Don't become emotionally involved or try to fight or resist or change anything just write down whatever comes up.

At that point, once everything of a negative "doubting" sort was written down I took this list or doubts, fears, second thoughts, emotional resistances etc. and began analyzing each one, in all honesty, in terms of how important or how real or true it really was. There is no sense in trying to fool oneself.

I rearranged the list copying it down onto a new clean sheet of paper starting with what seemed the least important or easiest to deal with at the top and working my way down to the more weighty or difficult issues at the bottom.

I then began picking them off one at a time. That is, in my experience, a great deal of this stuff that comes up is just really irrational nonsense. Once you can isolate it and look at it rationally and figure out where it's coming from it tends to just pop like a balloon full of so much hot air.

By picking off the easiest first the list gets shorter and shorter and whatever is at the top of the list is always the easiest next thing to deal with.

Once the first thing on the list is confronted and dealt with and silenced cross it off the list. Then the next etc.

Once you go down the list and successfully cross everything off it is then possible to go back to visualizing or "daydreaming" without any argument from those subconscious "voices". They have all been put down by confronting them directly.

At times you may recognize that the voice is from the past. Oh, that's what my Dad or my Mom or my X used to always say, or a teacher or whoever drilled into your head. Once you recognize where it came from it is no longer like a hidden subconscious suggestion. You can make up your own mind about it. Change your mind. Put it to silence.

This approach has worked very well for me.

ButterflyWoman
2nd January 2012, 10:21 AM
BTW I came here on your recommendation posted on the SP forum that just shut down recently. Thanks!
You're welcome and I'm delighted to have you here. ;)

Get it all down on paper in black and white.

I found that once I started doing this, as I wrote down each "doubt" and just took note of it and let it pass, eventually there wasn't anything left to write down. "The voices" had their say, were taken note of and recorded and there was nothing more that they had to add. Do this like a secretary taking down dictation. Don't change anything. just record it all as accurately and dispassionately as possible. Don't become emotionally involved or try to fight or resist or change anything just write down whatever comes up.

At that point, once everything of a negative "doubting" sort was written down I took this list or doubts, fears, second thoughts, emotional resistances etc. and began analyzing each one, in all honesty, in terms of how important or how real or true it really was. There is no sense in trying to fool oneself.

I rearranged the list copying it down onto a new clean sheet of paper starting with what seemed the least important or easiest to deal with at the top and working my way down to the more weighty or difficult issues at the bottom.

I then began picking them off one at a time. That is, in my experience, a great deal of this stuff that comes up is just really irrational nonsense. Once you can isolate it and look at it rationally and figure out where it's coming from it tends to just pop like a balloon full of so much hot air.

By picking off the easiest first the list gets shorter and shorter and whatever is at the top of the list is always the easiest next thing to deal with.

Once the first thing on the list is confronted and dealt with and silenced cross it off the list. Then the next etc.

Once you go down the list and successfully cross everything off it is then possible to go back to visualizing or "daydreaming" without any argument from those subconscious "voices". They have all been put down by confronting them directly.

At times you may recognize that the voice is from the past. Oh, that's what my Dad or my Mom or my X used to always say, or a teacher or whoever drilled into your head. Once you recognize where it came from it is no longer like a hidden subconscious suggestion. You can make up your own mind about it. Change your mind. Put it to silence.

This approach has worked very well for me.
That's fascinating, and it certainly makes sense. Thanks for sharing that. :)

ButterflyWoman
2nd January 2012, 10:28 AM
New Intention Seed: Peri-menopause symptoms are entirely gone or barely noticeable. Hot flashes are a thing of the past.

dontco
29th May 2015, 02:46 PM
Hey, it's my first necroposting! HURRAY! BW, it was just interesting for me to know if you found the second thing hehe. Sorry :redface:

ButterflyWoman
30th May 2015, 11:32 AM
Wow, I forgot all about this. :)

Sort of got the increase in income (from 2011) but it wasn't a huge increase. I have had some issues regarding money (which is tied up with food and love, very deep stuff from very, very early childhood), and I've been working on them, like slowly picking apart a very tangled, very big knot, for a long time now. Currently working on releasing my "feast or famine" belief set, which is pretty much the foundation for everything to do with finances for my entire life.