PDA

View Full Version : SoulSail's 2nd outing. Lower plane experience with lingering questions.

SoulSail
30th December 2011, 11:08 PM
I had my second projection last weekend. I've copied from my journal and a few questions follow at the end.

"I slipped downstairs. I wore my sleep mask, used earplugs, and listened to new binaural tunes for about thirty minutes. I drifted in and out, but ultimately the music was keeping me stimulated and I apparently drank a gallon of water before hand. I got up and when I came back from the bathroom the whole thing happened within minutes, I think. Always hard to tell when you’re half-conscious. I laid on my back, counting out “One, I am dreaming. Two, I am dreaming,” and so on until I felt I had programmed the idea that I wanted to be lucid and aware no matter what came next.

Shortly into my counting I experienced a sensation of falling, or dropping immediately into a trance state. The drop was sudden and deep, almost jarring, but I kept my composure and went with the experience.

Soon I sensed I was moving at an incredible speed, head first through some unknown blackness. My eyes were closed. I enjoyed this feeling. The sensation of being shuttled off to some unknown destination seemed natural, and I had just read about it in LaBerge’s paper on Lucid Dreaming so I knew I was on my way to something.

The movement seemed to stop, slow, and start again. Not sure why. But at some point I did a brow chakra trigger and an immense sense of energy pulled me under. I don’t exactly recall what happened, but I know I treated the remainder of the experience as a projection.

I remember getting out of the bed, and then running across the basement to get outside, beyond my body. I thought I was projecting, I still don’t know if it was that or a WILD.

Once outside my house, I was disturbed by my surroundings. The sky was dark (day outside), rust colored yet somehow also a very muddy blue. An unseen man’s voice was speaking, as if from the sky. I never saw him. At first I ignored the talking as if it were natural to hear something of the sort. I looked up to the sky a few times, asked for clarity and almost screamed out for the sky to brighten. The darkness continued. Then I remember looking up at the back of our house and noticing how it all looked so sinister and cast in grim tones from the overcast sky. At this point the voice speaking (a man’s voice) accelerated. He seemed to be proclaiming something about goblins, giving a story in a sort of rhyme. I remember the overall feel was that he was telling me I'd landed in the domain of a goblin king.

I grew more disturbed and instead of keeping my head, I said “I am back in my body!” This did nothing, so I remember opening the back door, closing it, walking upside my body, and then waking."

So I'm left with questions as to why I was so fortunate to hit a lower plane on my 2nd attempt. I understand that this isn't totally unusual. Lower planes are easier to hit at the start so we can deal with our fears and clutter preventing us from getting to higher planes. But still, this sort of sucked. At least from the perspective of it being only my second projection. Any insight would be great.

Soul

CFTraveler
30th December 2011, 11:49 PM
I don't have any amazing insights, except when I project I almost always float around- Any time I walk it's when I'm dreaming, even if I go lucid and decide to fly on purpose. Yet the description of your surroundings are typical of an RTZ projection that is heavily influenced by your subconscious or a simulation. Either is possible.
If you don't want to be in this type of experience, try flying upwards. The association with positivity and 'improvement' may change the environment to something more pleasant, unless it's a simulation. Then you'll have to figure out what it's about.

Korpo
1st January 2012, 09:51 PM
Robert Monroe reports early on of having to pass through an unpleasant buffer zone on his way to his adventures. This might be typical for adventurers who experience this early phase of adventuring consciously. It might also depend on other factors, including for example the dreamwork you've done, etc.

What definitely is similar to Monroe is the bizarreness of the early experiences, which is probably due to the fact that your inner senses still need to be more trained in translating this experience into understandable terms. The "realm of the goblin king" could indeed be a lower plane, describing symbolically several facts: a plane of lower vibration, a place where some less desirable entities might reside, and the magical-fantastical nature of the place.

Korpo
3rd January 2012, 12:47 PM
Last night I dreamed of two goblins. Initially I had thought they were Doberman dogs, quite scary, then they turned out to be black goblins. They turned out to be rather harmless and asked to be left alone, expressed in a symbolic image. As soon as I saw it was goblins I wasn't scared anymore, more concerned, and at the end I was kind of okay.

SoulSail
5th January 2012, 11:20 PM
Thank you CFT and Korpo,

After giving this perhaps more thought than it merits, I have concluded that the moral of the story is that I walked away from the experience far too early. The point here is not to bail on experiences perceived as negative or uncomfortable, but instead, to walk them out and get the lesson. I'll be trying again as soon as I get a few hours of practice time. Should I wind up in similar terrain, I plan on going forward and NOT back to my body so quickly.

Soul

SiriusTraveler
8th January 2012, 01:50 PM
Soulsail, may I ask, a bit out of topic, what your state of mind was during the trance state. Are you trying to do as in MAP, to have your mind clear of thought words. Or do you just go with it and never mind what you are thinking? I noticed that you counted, and that to me seems like a focus on just one thing. I wonder if that works in the same way as to not have any thought words?

My problem is that I really dont know how to "think" when I reach those states as I'v also had those sinking and speeding sensations. My reaction to that so far have been to try and clear my mind, but I have not come very far in doing that. The feelings stop and I am kind of expecting a sleep-paralysis of some sort but it never comes.

Regards
Linus

SoulSail
8th January 2012, 06:04 PM
Hey Linus,

Always good to hear from you. To your points:

...what your state of mind was during the trance state. Are you trying to do as in MAP, to have your mind clear of thought words. Or do you just go with it and never mind what you are thinking? I noticed that you counted, and that to me seems like a focus on just one thing. I wonder if that works in the same way as to not have any thought words?

I should have been more specific in my entry on this outing. I was not intending to project, but was going for a WILD (wake induced lucid dream), so my approach was different. In these cases it's fairly normal to keep a slightly higher level of awareness on something other than your breath during the trance state, otherwise that crafty sleep guy will overtake you. A fine thread of awareness is helpful when passing between waking and sleeping, and for me that thread is just counting. Nothing more, nothing less. But when going for projection, I aim to be passive and clear of ALL mental chatter.

However, in this case, I shifted my goal while on my way to the WILD. I went for a full projection instead. Which, I'm not sure if I hit or if I was in a WILD after all. If I had to put down money I'd say I was projecting as a result of the brow trigger (a brilliant help, btw, once deep into the trance state).

My problem is that I really dont know how to "think" when I reach those states as I'v also had those sinking and speeding sensations. My reaction to that so far have been to try and clear my mind, but I have not come very far in doing that. The feelings stop and I am kind of expecting a sleep-paralysis of some sort but it never comes.

You said something very important in this paragraph, and that is the word "try."

I suggest you don't try anything. Let go of your expectations. Don't analyze and over-think the journey, just enjoy it for what it is. You'll be out sooner or later, trust me, you will. But if you're going to "try" anything, try getting out of the way of yourself. The more you analyze how you're feeling moment by moment, the sooner you're going to abort the whole thing.

Now, I'm sure there are some more practical tips others can give you here. And I'll add that you shouldn't be expecting paralysis. Sleep paralysis is not pleasant, nor is it necessary, but for those of us who slip into often it can be used as a launch point into the projection. Read Robert's assessment in Astral Dynamics on sleep paralysis, however. His take is sort of like mine...it's no fun and I'd rather not project that way at all.

Keep going. You're getting there.

Soul

CFTraveler
8th January 2012, 06:41 PM
Now, I'm sure there are some more practical tips others can give you here. And I'll add that you shouldn't be expecting paralysis. Sleep paralysis is not pleasant, nor is it necessary, but for those of us who slip into often it can be used as a launch point into the projection. Read Robert's assessment in Astral Dynamics on sleep paralysis, however. His take is sort of like mine...it's no fun and I'd rather not project that way at all. Amen to that.

SiriusTraveler
10th January 2012, 10:07 AM
I suggest you don't try anything. Let go of your expectations. Don't analyze and over-think the journey, just enjoy it for what it is. You'll be out sooner or later, trust me, you will. But if you're going to "try" anything, try getting out of the way of yourself. The more you analyze how you're feeling moment by moment, the sooner you're going to abort the whole thing.

Interesting! When I read this I just remembered that my most successfull trance sessions have been when I didnt expect anything. SoulSail, thank you for some wonderfull advice here. Much appreciated.

Aunt Clair
16th January 2012, 04:59 PM
In IIH Bardon teaches about attaining the elemental realms , the Goblins are Earth elementals as you probably know and viewing them and their realm is an accomplishment to celebrate especially when nothing adverse occurred. The Goblin realm is above heaven and below Hell. It is also found on the Earthly Plane by projecting into caves , mountain tunnels or beneath these.

SoulSail
16th January 2012, 08:33 PM
Interesting, Aunt Clair. Thank you for sharing this. More to ponder!