PDA

View Full Version : Manifestation, multiversal sliding or both?

DatBillionaire
6th January 2012, 12:16 AM
This is something I have been thinking about, do you think when we "manifest" something we change something within the current reality or move between parallel universes where the result is manifest or both?

If both, then what is the difference and how can we differentiate between manifesting or slinding through the multiverse and how can we control the process?

According to the Many-minds interpretation of science (yes science, not metaphysics)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-minds_interpretation

if its true the individual mind has the ability to "observe" (aka switch) the many universes

"The many-minds interpretation of quantum mechanics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mechanics) extends the many-worlds interpretation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation) by proposing that the distinction between worlds should be made at the level of the mind (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind) of an individual observer"

This coupled with the "many worlds interpretation" would make it possible that when we "manifest" something we are actually sliding accross the multiverse to the place where we have said result met.

Cracked.com explore the interpretation of coupling said theories:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-scientific-theories-head-explode/

However some findings like the Double Slit Experiment would suggest that there is an actual change in the current reality, unless of course said change is only observed because the observer "observed" an universe and the Holographic Universe explore in detail the possiblity with scientific theories as basis that the current reality is the one beign changed.

Or perhaps its a mix of both?

What do you think about all this? What is the thing that actually happens or are both of them present? If so how can we differentiate between them and control which of them occurs?

Feel free to post your thoughts.

CFTraveler
6th January 2012, 01:41 AM
I think all of them are present, and the difference between a 'change' and a 'slide' would depend on probability theory. Maybe.

ButterflyWoman
6th January 2012, 08:27 AM
I've thought about this. I've read about people who experienced what was essentially a fully different reality than the one of which they were previously conscious. I don't know that it's actually moving from one reality to another. It might be. Or it might be something we can't really comprehend at all with our material mind.

Some people do use an "alternate reality" model, and it works for them. In this model, you move into alternate realities which are similar to the one you've been experiencing, because the one you're experiencing is the one with which you're currently best aligned. When you change your mind, you change your reality, and move into another one which is better aligned.

Personally, that doesn't work well for me, though I find it wonderfully intriguing. :)

I prefer the "reality as lucid dream" model. It just suits this particular mind.

What I have perceived directly is that everything is, actually, EVERYTHING. Every possibility, every thought of every possibility, anything and everything, it all exists, right now, simultaneously. The filter that prevents you from, just for example, experiencing an elephant in your backyard, is YOU. Your thoughts, your beliefs, your expectations, your ideas, etc., this is what selectively generates the unique story that is your life experience out of the infinity of everything. The illusion of time and space play into it, of course, but what I've seen/experienced is that there is nothing that is not, cannot, will not, has not happened (actually, it's all happening right now, once you remove the time-space constraints).

But the big the thing is.... all of these concepts and ideas and such are all just models, metaphors. Some "fit" better than others for different minds. And the ultimate reality, if there is such a thing, may not be even perceptible by a human mind (even if that mind is convinced that it is). So I think just find a model that works for you, and go with that and see if it works out. If not, find a different one. Eventually, you'll find a metaphor you can live with and use.

DatBillionaire
6th January 2012, 11:00 PM
I've thought about this. I've read about people who experienced what was essentially a fully different reality than the one of which they were previously conscious. I don't know that it's actually moving from one reality to another. It might be. Or it might be something we can't really comprehend at all with our material mind.

Some people do use an "alternate reality" model, and it works for them. In this model, you move into alternate realities which are similar to the one you've been experiencing, because the one you're experiencing is the one with which you're currently best aligned. When you change your mind, you change your reality, and move into another one which is better aligned.

Personally, that doesn't work well for me, though I find it wonderfully intriguing. :)

I prefer the "reality as lucid dream" model. It just suits this particular mind.

What I have perceived directly is that everything is, actually, EVERYTHING. Every possibility, every thought of every possibility, anything and everything, it all exists, right now, simultaneously. The filter that prevents you from, just for example, experiencing an elephant in your backyard, is YOU. Your thoughts, your beliefs, your expectations, your ideas, etc., this is what selectively generates the unique story that is your life experience out of the infinity of everything. The illusion of time and space play into it, of course, but what I've seen/experienced is that there is nothing that is not, cannot, will not, has not happened (actually, it's all happening right now, once you remove the time-space constraints).

But the big the thing is.... all of these concepts and ideas and such are all just models, metaphors. Some "fit" better than others for different minds. And the ultimate reality, if there is such a thing, may not be even perceptible by a human mind (even if that mind is convinced that it is). So I think just find a model that works for you, and go with that and see if it works out. If not, find a different one. Eventually, you'll find a metaphor you can live with and use.

I have a question for you Butterfly, imagine that you wake up one morning and you have reached the point where you can actually actualize anything in your reality and you decide to show that to your friend by pulling out of thin air a chair, but your friend still has too many filters. What would happen in that case?

Would you be interacting with a version of your friend that is prepared to accept that? Or what?

ButterflyWoman
7th January 2012, 08:36 AM
imagine that you wake up one morning and you have reached the point where you can actually actualize anything in your reality and you decide to show that to your friend by pulling out of thin air a chair, but your friend still has too many filters. What would happen in that case?
Dunno. Generally, people just reject stuff that doesn't fit or which threatens their concept of reality (which is mostly built from beliefs). Probably the friend would experience it in a way that they can easily "explain". I've seen people come up with all kinds of stories to explain things away when they couldn't accept it. Hell, I've done it myself (though not for a long time).

GRANT
7th January 2012, 04:32 PM
I think we create these worlds. However, the worlds are real (our reality) when we are aware of them and move amongst them.
They are not a physical realm. Even dreams are real while we are in them.
Grant