PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who has thought of this?

DatBillionaire
9th January 2012, 07:52 AM
Haven't you had a dream that is so SO real, specially a nightmare? And yet you wake up?

That's not what I want to ask. The thing is that sometimes I wonder, what if said "dream" was my actual reality, like the reality I am right now in, typing this and simply I couldnt accept said reality with so strenght it became a dream?

Have you ever thought that maybe some of your real-like dreams were actually real and you couldnt somehow accept the reality presented in them that it was turned into "a mere dream"?

ButterflyWoman
9th January 2012, 08:02 AM
what if said "dream" was my actual reality, like the reality I am right now in, typing this and simply I couldnt accept said reality with so strenght it became a dream?
No, you're not the first person to think of that. ;)

Have you ever thought that maybe some of your real-like dreams were actually real and you couldnt somehow accept the reality presented in them that it was turned into "a mere dream"?
I hadn't thought of that, but it's an interesting thought, certainly. Most of my "really real" dreams have been strong messages from my subconscious. I would happily accept that I was making out with Brad Pitt (yes, I have dreamed that; Brad has specific symbolism in my dream world), but I woke up anyway.... ;)

And, almost without fail, my nightmares have been expressions of my subconscious, trying to show me something, or tell me something. I didn't always understand at the time, but later (sometimes years later), I understand the meaning.

DatBillionaire
9th January 2012, 08:42 AM
No, you're not the first person to think of that. ;)

I hadn't thought of that, but it's an interesting thought, certainly. Most of my "really real" dreams have been strong messages from my subconscious. I would happily accept that I was making out with Brad Pitt (yes, I have dreamed that; Brad has specific symbolism in my dream world), but I woke up anyway.... ;)

And, almost without fail, my nightmares have been expressions of my subconscious, trying to show me something, or tell me something. I didn't always understand at the time, but later (sometimes years later), I understand the meaning.

Not accepting that reality, doesnt mean you dont want it. But that maybe at some level you or the mind, consiously or subconsiously (or perhaps at even deeper levels) thinks "way this is too good for me" or "this is strange" or some spiritual part saying "this doesnt suit". At some level you may have rejected it, consiously or non-consiously.

ButterflyWoman
9th January 2012, 09:29 AM
Not accepting that reality, doesnt mean you dont want it. But that maybe at some level you or the mind, consiously or subconsiously (or perhaps at even deeper levels) thinks "way this is too good for me" or "this is strange" or some spiritual part saying "this doesnt suit". At some level you may have rejected it, consiously or non-consiously.
Maybe. I wouldn't want to accept as reality most of my nightmares, anyway. A lot of them have been pretty horrifying. Why WOULD I want to accept that as my reality?

DatBillionaire
9th January 2012, 09:53 AM
Maybe. I wouldn't want to accept as reality most of my nightmares, anyway. A lot of them have been pretty horrifying. Why WOULD I want to accept that as my reality?

I was refering to your Bradd Pitt statement. Though I was refering to dreams that are VERY real (and in accordance to your current reality) for example in a dream that is insanely real but you accidentally kill your beloved one or is too real and or is exactly equal to your waking life and you discover you can manifest instantly.

ButterflyWoman
9th January 2012, 03:12 PM
A good many of my nightmares have, indeed, been extremely real. I know most people don't have that kind of nightmare, but I used to have them with great frequency. In fact, until I was well into adulthood, I thought that having horrifying, extremely realistic nightmares several times a week was pretty much normal.

I guess I don't really know what you're suggesting, so I'm going to be quiet now. I seem to be completely confused. (Don't worry, wouldn't be the first time.)

CFTraveler
9th January 2012, 04:48 PM
I've had them, and I've never really 'decided they were mere dreams', because I'm of the idea that we live more than one concurrent life, so they are probably located in another 'parallel' reality another version of me is having. One oversoul, many 'I-there' type of souls, or something like that.

Neil Templar
9th January 2012, 11:33 PM
I've had them, and I've never really 'decided they were mere dreams', because I'm of the idea that we live more than one concurrent life, so they are probably located in another 'parallel' reality another version of me is having. One oversoul, many 'I-there' type of souls, or something like that.

I'm with you CF. I long ago stopped thinking of dreams as "merely a dream". Every experience is real, and relevant to my entirety in some way or another. I don't pretend to know what each experience is, or means, but i don't write any of them off as anything less than real. It helps to have gotten past the belief in matter-based reality as being the real one.