PDA

View Full Version : Self Sabotage in Visualization

HoldOrFold
10th January 2012, 09:22 PM
Hello!

I have a certain problem at the moment with visualization. Basically I'm having a bit of a hard time focusing on what I want in a visualization without something coming in and messing it up. Usually in a fairly distressing way.

For the record I have a very strong visual capacity and can pretty much see the situation as clear as day with my eyes closed. But I'm having trouble shaking this sabotage.

For instance, often if I'm trying to visualize a relationship situation sitting opposite a girl having a conversation over dinner or something like that, a nasty spider would crawl out of her mouth and freak me right out. Infact it's all very spider related as I freakin hate them and is probably my only phobia. The fact my visualizations are very clear and real makes it all the more disturbing.

Part of me thinks, hey, I shouldn't even be posting this because I should just be ignoring it. But it's got to the stage that I think I need some help sorting it out because it's has been very difficult to ignore.

I would greatly appreciate any help in sorting this self-sabotage out in my visualizations.

Thanks a lot!
HoldOrFold

CFTraveler
10th January 2012, 09:40 PM
I would do something symbolic: For example, the spider (or other distracting image) has repellent connotations- so instead of reacting by 'snapping out of it', continue the visualization, adding your elimination of it- whip out a flamethrower and burn it to smithereens, then bring out a vacuum cleaner and send it to the sun, where it's consumed.
That kind of thing.

HoldOrFold
12th January 2012, 08:54 PM
I've had some epiphany of sorts recently.

It seems I was having resistance to it . Part of myself was blocking it. I've since overcome it through an act of surrendering my heart to pure love. From that perspective then I let my ego surrender to my true self, and things are seeming to fall naturally into place.

Since you are actually pure love, you are everywhere that love is. That somehow filters down to a personal level, everything in its right place in harmony.

So yeah anyway, I've got over that now!

SiriusTraveler
13th January 2012, 09:10 AM
I would do something symbolic: For example, the spider (or other distracting image) has repellent connotations- so instead of reacting by 'snapping out of it', continue the visualization, adding your elimination of it- whip out a flamethrower and burn it to smithereens, then bring out a vacuum cleaner and send it to the sun, where it's consumed.
That kind of thing.

This is what I usually do. I Have this picture of the girl/ghost from The Grudge movie. She just visualizes in my thoughts sometimes and I have actually gotten rid of most oft he fear of that particular one by imagining her bursting into a bright light and vanishing and saying to myself that I'm immortal and not afraid.
Works for me! :)

Also, before I were afraid of spiders. So I decided to pet a huge on at a Zoo and that actually worked wonders. To face our fears is the best methods of healing them.