PDA

View Full Version : My chakras

baalixan
11th January 2012, 03:36 AM
for a while now, i have had issues with my chakras...it feels as if there is very little, if any energy flow through them. when i meditate i might get a little tickle or vibration for a moment if i'm lucky...compared to the heavy almost uncomfortable pressure, vibrations and very energetic spinning sensations that i feel on them normally when i try to work on them.

it feels like something is wrong, but maybe not? i'm not sure where to go from here as far as energy work, if there is something i need to fix, or just needing to progress further in...and thoughts?

CFTraveler
11th January 2012, 03:56 AM
Two things: First, it's possible, that if you've been doing energy work for a while (you should, you've been here forever-:tongue: -) chances are that you are not feeling a lot of sensations because you have no blocks to speak of. But there are some things you can do to "freshen up" the routine- two of the things I do (besides the Middle Pillar exercise, when I decide I need a swift kick) are, before starting out my NEW routine I do what Aunt Clair teaches (I call it 'blowing out your chakras, can't remember if that's its proper name) in which you start by breathing in air element in your crown (on the inbreath) and out your third eye, and continue to inbreath through the crown and down the rest of the chakras in order until you reach the root. Then, you start your usual routine.

Another thing I do when I really want to feel the energy buzz/flow through my body is to do a full body bounce (not full body circuit) on the floor on my back and with my arms up side to side to my head, and bounce energy balls (like basketball sized) up and down my body, starting with prestimulating my feet going up to my hands and back down. Once you get a bounce going it's very stimulating.

baalixan
11th January 2012, 04:15 AM
those seem like good suggestions. i will certainly try them. i have been doing energy work for a long time, but not much in the last 7 or 8 months, so i was thinking perhaps i let blockages form or something of the sort.

on another note, i'm probably one of the only people on here that is not familiar with NEW. i figured out how to start manipulating energy at a young age, learned/created my own techniques, and occasionally learned things from like minded friends. from what i understand NEW is a very effective bottom up guide to energy work, but i've never looked into it much more than that...is it possible that there are steps in my progression that i'm missing, or overlooking? or does it matter? i have never taken a step by step approach, more just whatever felt right to do at a given time...using intuition i guess

Genesis
11th January 2012, 05:08 AM
I'm a bit in a similar situation. I don't get all those crazy sensations that many on here talk about. I get very little sensation most of the time. I've worked out for about 3 months on my hands/feet, legs/arms area. I've never hit the big centers yet though. I took about a month break from energy work and will be restarting today.

Is it recommended I start the big centers now? I feel I might be able to get some sensations from them. I got demotivated from my lack of sensations while working on the lower centers. I did notice the benefits though (better dreams recalls, vivider dreams and spontaneous exits).

CFTraveler
11th January 2012, 03:39 PM
those seem like good suggestions. i will certainly try them. i have been doing energy work for a long time, but not much in the last 7 or 8 months, so i was thinking perhaps i let blockages form or something of the sort.

on another note, i'm probably one of the only people on here that is not familiar with NEW. i figured out how to start manipulating energy at a young age, learned/created my own techniques, and occasionally learned things from like minded friends. from what i understand NEW is a very effective bottom up guide to energy work, but i've never looked into it much more than that...is it possible that there are steps in my progression that i'm missing, or overlooking? or does it matter? i have never taken a step by step approach, more just whatever felt right to do at a given time...using intuition i guess I don't know, if you describe what you do maybe I or someone else can come up with something to supplement your routine.

CFTraveler
11th January 2012, 03:39 PM
I'm a bit in a similar situation. I don't get all those crazy sensations that many on here talk about. I get very little sensation most of the time. I've worked out for about 3 months on my hands/feet, legs/arms area. I've never hit the big centers yet though. I took about a month break from energy work and will be restarting today.

Is it recommended I start the big centers now? I feel I might be able to get some sensations from them. I got demotivated from my lack of sensations while working on the lower centers. I did notice the benefits though (better dreams recalls, vivider dreams and spontaneous exits). It depends on what you've done so far.

baalixan
12th January 2012, 02:02 AM
usually i start a light meditation(if i get too deep i tend to use that as a chance to explore rather than do energy work) once my mind is nice and clear/calm i either focus on my hands to get a sense of whats going on energeticly, or i immediately activate my brow chakra as its always been to easiest to active and work with. from there i start sending the energy from my brow up through my crown, and/or the minor energy centers near my brow(cheeks, nose, mouth) or i jump down to throat and work my way down as far as i can, then back up, rinse and repeat. each cycle i tend to beable to go further down(but rarely to my root) and sometimes i stop and work on a certain one if it seems particulary hard to activate or gets 'stuck' before feeling completely open.

thats the basic routine i have, but i vary my techniques depending on level of focus, depth of meditation, and what feels most comfortable at the time.
Main technique: simply focusing on a particular center (usually causing a heavy cool pressure, or an energetic spinning)
2ndary technique: visualization - sometimes i strobe them with a pendulum, alone(small pendulum), or all at once(large pendulum)...if my focus is solid i can start breaking the large one down into more than one pendulum until i have one for each center, i take them out of sync with eachother, bring them back in sync and so forth.
Misc Technique: breathing. i mostly use this for aligning heart and throat, but sometimes it is useful for all of them doing an in(up) and out(down).

i hope this gives you a good enough idea of the usual way that i do my work

side note: in the last couple of days i've been getting pressure or throbbing on my brow when thinking about energy work, or reading/writing about it. so i take that to be a good sign, but its not back to the spontaneous activation like it was a year or so ago.

CFTraveler
12th January 2012, 03:58 AM
What I see is that you are starting out with your brow chakra, right off the bat, and that you are working on your primary centers first.
What I would recommend is that you change the order in which you do some of these things and add a thing or two- first, do your meditation, and then work on your secondary centers (what we call sponging, it's on a stickied thread on this forum (I hope) and then, when you go to work on your chakras, don't start on the third eye, start on your root (whether you feel it or not) and work your way up leaving your crown for last, using your usual techniques.
I see nothing wrong with your approach- I would just recommend a change in the order of exercises.

baalixan
12th January 2012, 07:55 AM
i will keep all of that it mind. thank you.

baalixan
16th January 2012, 03:45 PM
so, i've been trying to work on my base root chakra, aswell as some of my secondary chakras...i've had some success, but when i am doing any work on them, my brow chakra seems to activate automaticly. i'm not sure if its out of habit, or if its because my brow is naturally active and sensitive. i don't think its much of a problem really, but it does distract me a little from working on my other energy centers.

CFTraveler
16th January 2012, 06:04 PM
I don't think it's a problem, but if you find it distracting, try to bring it down to the heart, and try to bring the base energy up to the heart and then try to run it up and down from there. (I hope this is clear, I'm not sure if I'm expressing myself properly.)

SiriusTraveler
18th January 2012, 07:37 AM
so, i've been trying to work on my base root chakra, aswell as some of my secondary chakras...i've had some success, but when i am doing any work on them, my brow chakra seems to activate automaticly. i'm not sure if its out of habit, or if its because my brow is naturally active and sensitive. i don't think its much of a problem really, but it does distract me a little from working on my other energy centers.

I have exactly the same thing, but i just accept that it happens. It can begin to flutter at any time, but mostly when I read something or when i focus on something.

baalixan
19th January 2012, 12:28 AM
I don't think it's a problem, but if you find it distracting, try to bring it down to the heart, and try to bring the base energy up to the heart and then try to run it up and down from there. (I hope this is clear, I'm not sure if I'm expressing myself properly.)

that makes sense...its only really distracting because i rarely if even get sensations when doing energy work except for my heart and third eye.

I have exactly the same thing, but i just accept that it happens. It can begin to flutter at any time, but mostly when I read something or when i focus on something.

yeah, same here. most the time i don't really notice it much because i accept it doing what it does. it gets really excited when i am doing energy work tho, sometimes its a little hard to not pay attention to it