PDA

View Full Version : Expanding individual conciousness in a group experience

wstein
30th April 2006, 06:57 AM
I have encountered many who have accomplished this or that nifty thing via a method that they later write down for others. Most of the time, the method on paper is not the method followed but rather a retrospective accounting of what went on.

It frustrates me often that so few can actually guide/teach others to reach the proficiency which they possess.

When we learn to drive a car, we do read/study a long list of what to do and what not to do. But when it comes down to it, we are lucky to hold on to any when the time comes to practice. Most people I know actually learned to drive by trying to do it while an experienced person made suggestions about how to improve. A key element is feedback.

I have had some success in teaching by a feedback loop of (1) randomly prodding, (2) watching to see which way they jump, and (3) adjusting my next prod, until they jump to the right place. Although it works one on one, it clearly has its drawbacks (painful, inefficient, etc).

Guess what I am saying is that all these long lists of steps are probably 'correct'. They seem useful as reference material but I don't see them as a practical way to learn anything.

There are also many very interesting experiences described in the posts of this forum. But its nearly impossible to really share them with any completeness or accuracy. I've noticed some degree of comparing and recognizing of similar underlying principles. Almost everyone seems to be coming from their own experience with little in common on the surface with any one else.

I know there has been more than one comment of frustration after a question was answered in a way that was not understandable (to the asker).

There seems more potential for mutual growth than seems to be happening.

Isn't there some better way to pool resources and grow as a group or team?

sash
30th April 2006, 07:38 AM
I think there is at least one v. deep problem you have pinpointed above. No-one can teach someone per se. I think it is more about finding an approach that facilitates people to learn.

Driving a car might appear to be simple to learn because the instructions are there and clear cut, but until the understanding is brought to it the practical experience is not integrated. Well, is driving more objective than spiritual work, or not really, maybe just more common to the general reality.

30th April 2006, 03:43 PM
I think that you can't really "teach" someone else something they need to experience for themselves. But, sharing stories and experiences gives people a chance to know what possibilities exist. The ability to share your experiences, comparing them with others to find those commonalities helps us to understand the things that have happened to us.

In a group of people like on these forums, there is so much diversity in belief systems and experiences that a group understanding is never going to be reached. And, if it did, this would be a rather vanilla site. Diversity of experiences are wonderful. If everyone agreed, what would there be to talk about? If people were not allowed to share their experiences, how would the newbies learn from the more experienced? I have some wild experiences under my belt, but I haven't been able to get more than a foot away from my body in the RTZ. I love hearing CFTraveler's experiences. She also has given me a number of tips to help me. I consider myself a newbie in the RTZ, and I personally want to hear other's stories and experiences. I'm not exactly sure why you consider this not a good thing.

wstein
1st May 2006, 04:35 AM
I'm not down on what goes on in the forums here. Sharing is good. And yes, this is a good place for beginners to get tips. I don't seek agreement but rather learning and experience for myself and others.

At the end of a session, I still find myself wanting a more intense interaction.

I have some (very) limited experience operating as a joint group in energy work and dimensional traveling. Somehow three people sharing a common experience can each learn more than three people that have their own experiences and share afterward. Perhaps this is the basis for a coven??

Personally, I am a pioneer exploring the far reaches. Out here there are few if any more experienced to look to. I am hoping there is a way to go as an expedition rather than alone.

Imagine that only one person had to master the RTZ and then a whole group could go with them. It would be a lot easier for the others to learn the techniques with a little experience under their belt.