PDA

View Full Version : Isnt travelling to another galaxy against the laws of physics?

DatBillionaire
11th January 2012, 08:49 AM
How can some people claim they went to other galaxies or even far in the solar system, when you would be moving faster than the speed of light.

According to physics nothing moves faster than the speed of light, unless some special scenarios are met.

SiriusTraveler
11th January 2012, 09:51 AM
According to new found evidence at the CERN laboratory in Geneve, some particles seems to go faster than light thus debunking the old Einstein theory. Which is big indeed.

Link to it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15791236

Anyway, why base theories just on science and physics etc. Science does'nt have all the answers! :-)
My five cents is that during astral projection we can travel as fast as our imagination lets us, instantly that is. Which Robert Bruce also writes about in his books.

DatBillionaire
11th January 2012, 10:16 AM
So you suggest the "astral body" is made of these faster than light particles?

Neil Templar
11th January 2012, 11:56 AM
There are no particles ;)

ButterflyWoman
11th January 2012, 01:00 PM
Astral projection is not taking place within the time-space continuum. It can appear that it is (i.e., the so-called RTZ, that is, the Real Time Zone), but space and time are physical properties which limit the physical space. There's really no reason not to think that things can and do exist and function and move outside the physical.

Which, of course, is why physics can't really discern them. Physics = physical. Metaphysical = above/beyond the physical.

And, as already noted, the "laws of physics" are subject to change. As new things are discovered, the laws may well be thrown out. Einstein disproved Newton (at least some of Newton's laws), and current or future generations will disprove some of Einstein's laws.

SiriusTraveler
11th January 2012, 02:33 PM
So you suggest the "astral body" is made of these faster than light particles?

No, I don't.

I'm simply suggesting that science/physics can't explain everything (yet, perhaps). Your question is kind of based on that one would have a strict scientific belief.

Regards
Linus

CFTraveler
11th January 2012, 03:21 PM
Ever heard of quantum entanglement? Whatever explanation science gives to this effect (which has been demonstrated (http://www.2physics.com/2007/09/quantum-entanglement-between-single.html), it's no longer a mind experiment) and there are many, can possibly be applied to projection, if you choose to view it as a physical event.
So, if it's metaphysical, the physical laws don't apply, and if it's physical, it can be described within quantum physics without breaking any conservation rules.

DatBillionaire
12th January 2012, 01:48 AM
I am thinking of attempting AP, but before that I want to find the possible scientific explanations to see if it is valid to attempt it or just bull♥♥♥♥.

CFTraveler
12th January 2012, 03:43 AM
I am thinking of attempting AP, but before that I want to find the possible scientific explanations to see if it is valid to attempt it or just bull♥♥♥♥. Why? Astral projection is an experience- if you have it (and you can learn to if you want/can) you can decide if it's valid- even though it can be explained scientifically (you can do a quick search here on Yamabushi's (http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?10498-Astral-projection&highlight=) Meissner and antiMeissner fields if you want to, it's one possible description)- but ultimately having the experience of leaving your body, perceiving something and bringing it back will decide for you if it's valid and worth repeating.
Explanations are just descriptions of a possible paradigm, experience is what matters.

ButterflyWoman
12th January 2012, 07:35 AM
Explanations are just descriptions of a possible paradigm, experience is what matters.
Spoken like a true empiricist. :)

Korpo
14th January 2012, 11:39 AM
Yes, I totally agree with CF: Experience is what matters.

Just to join in the fun: Maybe the astral body is devoid of Higgs-Bosons, therefore has no mass and can travel at arbitrary speed? ;)

I'm kidding, of course. There is really no established science investigating consciousness and its phenomena from a physics perspective. Only a few thousands years of Buddhism, Yoga and other mystery schools... ;)