PDA

View Full Version : Can't just do it anymore, any suggestions?

coreykey
13th January 2012, 10:07 AM
Hello everyone,

I've had some experiences about astral projection, but after my last projection I can't achieve it anymore.
We've discussed my last projection at the thread below, it was my first real succesfull OBE.
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?11850-First-successful-AP-but-who-was-she

A (http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?11850-First-successful-AP-but-who-was-she)fter this encounter, I can't be able to achive it anymore. I was scared of experiencing such an encounter but after some several weeks I've controlled my fear and everything was normal again. Only I can't project anymore. Not just project, I can't get into that state too. I normally have no fear against paranormal or anything like that. I've realised that the fear that day I've experienced may be blocking me but I'm meditating with peace and no fear for long time.
Later, I've said to myself that my new job is taking some time and energy from me and the stress. But everything about the job turn to normal, I got lots of time and having fun at work.
Nothing changed in my life.

Anyone has any suggestions? Did this happened to anyone?

CFTraveler
13th January 2012, 02:28 PM
Since March of last year? That is quite a bit of time.
I have some questions:
You are now meditating- for how long and how often?
How many times do you try to project, and when do you do it?
And finally, what is your projection sequence?

coreykey
13th January 2012, 02:58 PM
Yeah quite a bit of time. I just can be able to partially project 3-4 times while I was in the army. It was april 2010 - september 2010. But I couldn't be able to project after that when I've returned home.
I'm meditating every night before sleep since 2 years. Sometimes I'm giving break but usually I do every night. I'm trying to project (directly) when I'm off to bed to sleep at nights. If I can't achieve that, I'm trying to be lucid while dreaming, which usually doesn't work cos I'm still not using a dream journal.
My partially project sequences are really disordered. Best times was when I was in the army. My thoughts were empty there, no stress at all combined with the homesick thing and there was a buddy which we were talking about astral projection everyday. I was able to achieve partially 3-4 times in 5.5 months. They were partially because there were too many noises from people while the times I was at bed and trying. But at my home I just can't do it and it's driving me crazy. I even can't get any symptoms either.
My projections where usually starting after I was awaken without moving and sometimes from my dreams. I didn't projected single time from a direct technique. I mean meditation->energy rising->deep trance->astral projection.
By the way I'm not keep telling myself such things like "It doesn't happen anymore", "I can't do it". I just know they don't help and block me away. I'm still meditating with peace like old times.

Sorry for my English and thank you.

CFTraveler
13th January 2012, 05:46 PM
Sorry for my English and thank you. No worries, many of us here are bilingual. English isn't my first language anyway.
Ok, so here are my thoughts:

I just can be able to partially project 3-4 times while I was in the army. It was april 2010 - september 2010. But I couldn't be able to project after that when I've returned home. It's possible that the exhaustion and homesickness combined with the tension of wartime combined to give you a state for projecting. You came home, you relaxed, and one motivation went away. So let's see how to change your conditions to make them better for projection.

I'm meditating every night before sleep since 2 years. It's time to change that. When you go to bed at night it should be to sleep- you have trained yourself all your life to go to bed and sleep- now you're telling your brain to do something else, and this is confusing. Some people take to this, some others don't.
Try getting up one to two hours (depending on what your work and life schedule is) before waking up and then trying to project. Not every day, every three or four days or so- if you have a busy life, do it on the weekends only.
This will train your mind to project at it's own "special" time, not at a time when you expect to be sleeping.
If this is not too much, find from fifteen minutes to an hour to do your meditation. At this time you are not going to try to project, you are going to meditate to trance, observe what you see and then come back to waking. Consider this 'taking a tour of your mind', and this is the time you make adjustments to your sequence- add things or remove them according to how you've changed.

I'm trying to be lucid while dreaming, which usually doesn't work cos I'm still not using a dream journal. If journaling is too much for you, do keyword writing. When you wake up write three words related to the dream that's still on your mind, and then later read it again and see what you remember. Use affirmations at bedtime, such as "I remember my projections", or "I know when I dream", and do reality checks. These are easy, and you don't have to do them all the time, just for a few days.

I even can't get any symptoms either. Symptoms come and go and change, that's why I want you to meditate to observe your mind, and see what you can learn from this.
Things like projection and dreamstate lessons are evolutionary- that is, they change and cause you to change, and transitioning to private life is a big change that has required some adaptation- so it's possible that it was not to your advantage to have nonphysical experiences as you were adapting to your everyday life. But if you feel you're settled into a new routine, I would advise you to start a new one in the nonphysical department also, with the changes I outlined for you.
Good luck Corey.

coreykey
14th January 2012, 02:29 AM
Thank you CFTraveler you are helping alot as usual :)

No worries, many of us here are bilingual. English isn't my first language anyway.Thank you, I'm doing my best to be able to describe myself.

It's time to change that. When you go to bed at night it should be to sleep- you have trained yourself all your life to go to bed and sleep- now you're telling your brain to do something else, and this is confusing. Some people take to this, some others don't.There is an intresting part here. My partial or real projections were when I've quited meditation to project for that day. I usually project after I've quit meditation and go directly to sleep. I thought this was a releasing of energy. But here you said makes really sense.

At this time you are not going to try to project, you are going to meditate to trance, observe what you see and then come back to waking. Consider this 'taking a tour of your mind', and this is the time you make adjustments to your sequence- add things or remove them according to how you've changed.I'm really gonna try this. Mediatate to only meditate and deepen it, just to watch myself. Special practicing times, I liked that. I guess I'm making wrong here by doing meditation for only to project, going to bed for only to project (until I'm getting into sleep automatically). This is forcing me too much. Special times gonna be great.

If journaling is too much for you, do keyword writing.Gonna do that. My dream journal is still lying besides my bed, with 2-3 pages filled. Keywords are practical cos they are not time consuming yes. My dreams usually has lots of details, I see couple of long dreams like this everyday. I usually remember 1-2 dreams every morning, sometimes 3 seperate dreams. Keyword storing will be good for me. When I've first started writing my dreams I've figured out that writing couple of dreams with details was time consuming, especially when I want to write every detail like I'm writing my novel book :)

Symptoms come and go and change, that's why I want you to meditate to observe your mind, and see what you can learn from this.
Things like projection and dreamstate lessons are evolutionary- that is, they change and cause you to change, and transitioning to private life is a big change that has required some adaptation- so it's possible that it was not to your advantage to have nonphysical experiences as you were adapting to your everyday life. But if you feel you're settled into a new routine, I would advise you to start a new one in the nonphysical department also, with the changes I outlined for you.CFTraveler I really like to thank you here. This is my point I guess and this suggestion could change my life. These are gonna be in my mind. I hope things eventually be come back again.

Thank you very much again, you've sorted out so many missed and misunderstanded points in my nonphsical life. I'm gonna use these suggestions as guide and stick to them. Will report here if anything changes even a little bit.

Thank you very much again, these suggestions were too much important to me.