PDA

View Full Version : Weird thing today

CFTraveler
13th January 2012, 11:25 PM
Normally I go to the gym today, but I had some scheduling problems and I decided to do Kundalini Yoga instead. I only had an hour, so I only did half of my usual routine, the 'sitting' stuff.
When I was finishing my spinal exercises, there is one called 'Sat Crea' (prob. spelled wrong) which I normally don't do right, or so I think. Well, today, I must have done it right, because when I was almost done it felt like my head was on fire. The entire skin on my head felt as if someone had set it on fire. It was the weirdest thing- luckily grounding (while laying down on the floor) came next, and the floor absorbed all that 'flame' energy- I could feel it draining down. Then on the meditation that follows (there's supposed to be a lot more exercise normally, but I didn't have the time so I did the usual ending meditation instead) I used water energy to finish grounding, and I feel pretty good.
But boy howdy, that was weird.
I've been practicing this yoga for probably a year now (with interruptions) and that never had happened before, and I don't know if it's supposed to.

SoulSail
13th January 2012, 11:58 PM
I've heard others report having crown chakra weirdness with Kundalini Yoga. Wonder if that's what happened. Do you have a routine crown chakra sensation that occurs when it activates? What's that usually feel like for you?

wstein
14th January 2012, 04:33 AM
Why is that weird?
What did you expect would happen?

CFTraveler
14th January 2012, 05:30 PM
Why is that weird? Because it's never happened before and it seemed surreal.

What did you expect would happen? Ha ha the usual- I'd feel energized, and then would go about my day as usual. I don't do the K yoga to get an effect, I do it to make sure things are smooth and flowing for just in case. And it's good exercise. So this surprised me.

LPCF
14th January 2012, 05:46 PM
I normally summon up Kundalini prior to AP by saying, "Noble, esteemed Kundalini, arise! Let your energy shine!" I then get a warm sensation at the base of my spine (base chakra) which slowly passes up and eventually out through my crown chakra. I've never had anything happen like you experienced. I've never tried kundalini yoga and of course you are far more experienced in AP. I bow before your knowledge! However, is it just possible that the yoga overstimulated Kundalini? Only asking...

CFTraveler
14th January 2012, 05:48 PM
I've heard others report having crown chakra weirdness with Kundalini Yoga. Wonder if that's what happened. Do you have a routine crown chakra sensation that occurs when it activates? What's that usually feel like for you? Usually I have the 'cobweb' sensation or pressure, nothing like what I got.

SoulSail
14th January 2012, 06:14 PM
Usually I have the 'cobweb' sensation or pressure, nothing like what I got.

Hey CFTraveler,

Do you mind describing the cobweb sensations you have before exit? I've been really struggling with a lot of sensations that fall under that category (facial itching, face going cold, numb, etc), and it's usually when I'm going for an exit, but I'm not sure it's helping because it's sooooo distracting. Just curious.

Soul

CFTraveler
14th January 2012, 07:58 PM
I normally summon up Kundalini prior to AP by saying, "Noble, esteemed Kundalini, arise! Let your energy shine!" I then get a warm sensation at the base of my spine (base chakra) which slowly passes up and eventually out through my crown chakra. You're lucky- a lot of K experiences are a lot more dramatic than that.

I bow before your knowledge! Nah, don't do that. It inflates my ego.

However, is it just possible that the yoga overstimulated Kundalini? Only asking... Maybe it just brought it out to the surface- in the past few years other things have been happening that prob. stimulate it, and this may have been just the thing to bring it up. Luckily nothing happened afterwards, things have normalized, at least in my body.

CFTraveler
14th January 2012, 08:06 PM
Hey CFTraveler,

Do you mind describing the cobweb sensations you have before exit? l I don't get them prior to exit- I don't get any body sensations prior to exit. However, after energy work (or just sometimes, for no apparent reason) I'll get energetic sensations that can vary with whatever is going on at the time- buzzing on my skin (sometimes means there's a visitation, but that's not 'usual'- regular energy sensations (awareness, touch, tactile stuff) and the brow center sensations can be pressure as if someone was tapping on my forehead very lightly, cobwebby sensations, on the forehead or the crown, even like a pulse on any of those areas, you know, the usual.
Oh, I forgot- I used to get back-energy rushes, especially when I thought of certain things, but that sort of went away.

I've been really struggling with a lot of sensations that fall under that category (facial itching, face going cold, numb, etc), and it's usually when I'm going for an exit, but I'm not sure it's helping because it's sooooo distracting. Just curious.
I have to say that I feel cold when I'm going into a trance, but that's normal, your body temp does go down when you go to sleep and it's a similar thing- but not necessarily in my face, just in general. One thing that may help, is that when you are in the early part of your trance practice you can use fire element when you do your energy raising, to help with the feeling of coldness. You can also adapt it depending on whether you get cold spots or warm spots in your face or body.

Archimedes
15th January 2012, 03:37 PM
All of those sensations you have mentioned are indicative of a very strong energy body. I am just starting to get some of these and I have been doing energy work for about a year.

Congratulations

GRANT
15th January 2012, 04:07 PM
I also am attending Kundalini classes; but, it leans on the meditation side. I get all kinds of visions; including seeing out of my instructors eyes. The only physical sensations I've had at class were my Chakras "scintillating/vibrating", but, not like a vibration--almost like a metallic ringing. Sometimes, while meditating in class, my instructor comes to me and, spiritually, takes my hand and walks me around the class, where I see the other students meditating as I am.
Grant

Aunt Clair
16th January 2012, 05:22 PM
Yes it happens. The magician can draw energy up the spine from the perineum and cause it to fountain out of the crown and down around them like an umbrella. The energy that spills upward out of the crown over the physical body can be more keenly felt by some magicians then energy within their physical body and subtle energy body. Fire in the crown could also be more easily felt depending on the nature of the scalp at that time. Air absorbs and hold heat. Earth can become dry and hot with fire, too. Water neutralises fire but if the scalp was very cold it might feel the heat of fire more keenly.

CFTraveler
11th March 2012, 04:32 PM
Well, it's official, it happened again yesterday. I did the whole routine, that being a series of breathing exercises, spinal warm up, meditation, spinal exercises, Sat Crea, more meditation, and then the five tibetans, followed by a longer deeper meditation. Well, this time after Sat Crea I had the 'fire in the head' thing, (a little less strong, or maybe I just wasn't surprised by it), Then I cleansed with water, grounded, and went on to the rest. By the end of the exercises I felt energized and fresh, considering how much I sweated doing the 5 tibetans.
So my interpretation is that the channel is smooth enough for it to go up and through with no adverse effects. And my back doesn't hurt, which is another side effect that I like about this practice.

thedevil
11th March 2012, 05:09 PM
Well, it's official, it happened again yesterday. I did the whole routine, that being a series of breathing exercises, spinal warm up, meditation, spinal exercises, Sat Crea, more meditation, and then the five tibetans, followed by a longer deeper meditation. Well, this time after Sat Crea I had the 'fire in the head' thing, (a little less strong, or maybe I just wasn't surprised by it), Then I cleansed with water, grounded, and went on to the rest. By the end of the exercises I felt energized and fresh, considering how much I sweated doing the 5 tibetans.
So my interpretation is that the channel is smooth enough for it to go up and through with no adverse effects. And my back doesn't hurt, which is another side effect that I like about this practice.

Thatts awesome I don't think I've ever felt fire prana not sure I have felt strong sensation on crown but it didn't feel like fire but usually I get a feeling of energy in my heart that feels like fire

Good job CF now maybe you can enlighten us more? :)

embrace
12th March 2012, 03:30 AM
Wow, that's a cool experience you had. Can you describe more in detail what this exercise is about?

CFTraveler
12th March 2012, 03:39 AM
I can get you a link- even though I don't do it with her, there is a teacher called Gurmukh that has videos on YouTube, and the workout is almost identical to the routine I do.

This should get you started:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRjG5i0hXvA

thedevil
12th March 2012, 04:17 AM
I don't like the way she teaches very much but I would definitely like to try this. I've never really done much yoga/ stretching maybe you can give us some tips or pointers from you own experience?

embrace
12th March 2012, 06:58 AM
Thanks!

CFTraveler
12th March 2012, 01:02 PM
I don't like the way she teaches very much but I would definitely like to try this. I've never really done much yoga/ stretching maybe you can give us some tips or pointers from you own experience? I don't use her as a teacher (I was taught by my former minister) but many of the exercises are the ones I do.
I usually stretch before I start my routine, do a little centering, and then go to breath of fire, which energizes.
Most of the exercises, due to my bad back (I am an old woman, lol) I do in front of the couch on the floor, use a mat, because it's difficult on the bare floor, and this gives me support.
I do the spinal series first, and then move on to the five tibetans, and do a long meditation afterwards.
If I don't have the time (the whole routine takes me like an hour and a half more or less), I'll just do the spinal exercises for my back, and then the meditation.