PDA

View Full Version : why raise it?

shotta
1st May 2006, 02:14 AM
my question is simple.
why raise it . im a begginer at this subject but i just want to know the benefits you get from it explained well.. or what you can do when u raise ur kundalini.

Tom
1st May 2006, 02:32 AM
Why not? Do you believe all those rumors that it is bad?

shotta
1st May 2006, 02:51 AM
nar i dont believe it i just want to kno wat you get from raising it or what u can do with it

sash
1st May 2006, 03:12 AM
If you do not know why you would want to raise kundalini, it might be indicative that you are not ready to raise it at the moment.

shotta
1st May 2006, 04:07 AM
absolutely no way i want to raie it atm but i just want to know y u wuld raise it!

sash
1st May 2006, 04:56 AM
There are lots of "results", but the main component as I see it is to end the division between 'I' and 'I am..'.

It should come natural, and you would know when to raise it any why.
It's v. personal to each person.

Some literature on spirituality might make the relationship between kundalini and enlightenment more clear.

violetsky
2nd May 2006, 04:06 PM
Dear Shotta,

The draw backs are as big as the benefits so it is unwise for a beginner to try to seriously raise kundalini. What do I mean by that? Raising kundalini is like plugging your main energy line into a huge energy source. It gives you loads of energy for healing others for example and increases your energy body sensitivity and awareness of the unseen (sixth sense). The big problem is that when you plug yourself into this Huge energy source it energizes all that is balanced and unbalanced within you.

Let's say you have a trait you do not like within yourself after you raise kundalini. This trait will be much more energized or amplified and harder to tackle. Also, if you have not dealt with your past angers and frustrations and have not reached peace, these can flare and land you in a very upset and troubled state. This is why yogis etc. spend years of meditation (basically internal psychotherapy) working on themselves and reaching a balanced state before they attempt to raise kundalini. This avoids insanity, delusion and much more shall we say.

Note: There are many stages of kundalini raising. If you do not push it, it happens quite naturally on its own. I am sort of mid-way in the process, which is occurring quite naturally. I do no exercises that are designed for raising kundalini. As kundalini energies start activating within you, you start feeling strong pulsing energy moving up through the center of your body (up the central channel) and many people (myself included) feel a turning sensation around this central core. These are just some of the many energy symptoms one can feel. This energy provides cleansing energy for healing self and others.

sash
2nd May 2006, 04:41 PM
It's good to see you post violetsky. :)

I wanted to add regarding the above that I was made aware of personal negative areas through experimenting with kundalini. Although it is personal experience that it does energize all elements of being (not just the ones pertaining to an enlightened state of being) this is the cause of what has helped me 'deal with' them.
Since the elements became so excessive and frightening to look at I could stop them in their tracks. However this is quite a risk to take, and I am unsure whether I would do things different if given the chance.
However as with all, no regrets.
A large part of it for me has been realizing to learn how to let go, with kundalini it got to the point of: let go or be destroyed in the process.

jalef
2nd May 2006, 06:11 PM
go here --> http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=2437

Eagle_Owl
4th May 2006, 09:43 PM
Kundalini energy in Asian Terminology is called Shakti - Female in origin. It is something that must be respected; The raising through the central channel passing through the various 'c(h)akras' helps in spiritual development. Doing pranyama (deep breathing excercise) helps to develop and raise the kundalini in a relatively safe manner; I suspect due to calming of the mind which is so very important in this type of development.

Going back to the original question 'Why?'. :twisted: It has to be respected and feared...in chinese lore (martial arts as well as healing) the kundalini energy is transferred around what is called the Microcosmic orbit. It strengthens both physically and mentally. The Kundalini is sexually energy refined...

If you are raising it the most safest way is through the Taoist method as oppossed to Tantra. The benefits are physical and mental strength. If you get a chance do Tai Chi or Chi Gung.

I will post more about as a separate topic later...

I hope this is helpful. I do the Microcosmic orbit on a regular basis - practice beats armchair reading any time...

shotta
5th May 2006, 01:48 AM
Thank you very much Sash and eagle_owl :wink:

11th May 2006, 06:12 AM
Eagle_Owl,

I would love to hear more about the difference between taoist and tantra in raising kundalini and why taoist is safest.

Thanks

Veles
22nd December 2006, 12:35 AM
oh, lots and lots of great things!
for example you will lose you sexual desire(forget about sex dude :D ) then..er... you may go nuts, you may get spontaneous light trance every now and then, and lots of other amazing things :)

No, just kidding.. those are the downsides.. and they are quite desturbing. Positive sides... i guess it's something you will understand. Raised Kundalini is the sign of spiritual maturity... And hey, not everyone might even want to raise their K, it's something you have to think about carefully. Because you life will change once its raised and there is no turning back...

Christian
24th December 2006, 09:48 PM
Among the many benfits that I have experienced is the feeling of increased stability in my psyche (after a period of unstability), better control over oneselfs inner life, increased love for self and others and overall and deep transformation. The key to spiritual progress for me. Without it I wouldn't be near the state I am at today, and I'm just a beginner (in this lifetime).

So for me it is at the core of myself, a deep relationship between kundalini and me. Very beautiful and I find it extremely valuable and just love it.

So if you're ready to take the next and very big step in devleopment, tune in to these powerful energies. But as others have stated it is of great importance to not force it and to be very prepared for the process, if not it can go very bad. I ended up in a psychosis and had to a great deal of daily meditation and energy work, (several years), to get back to normal. But I should mention I was a in a very unbalanced state when I rose kundalini (not being aware that it was that I was doing).

So if you keep stable and dont rush things, do mental balancing and clearing and prepare it would probably turn out well. Because kundalini has two faces, one of creation and one of destruction.

Love, light and power.