PDA

View Full Version : How did you become lucid in your dreams?

SiriusTraveler
28th January 2012, 09:21 AM
What did you do to have lucid dreams? Please share your methods!

CFTraveler
28th January 2012, 07:52 PM
When I was cultivating lucid dreaming I did two things which worked for me, reality checks and affirmations.

Korpo
28th January 2012, 10:31 PM
When I was, I just was. :)

SoulSail
29th January 2012, 01:43 AM
I read a few books on techniques...check out Amazon. They run the span from practical to fairly mystical (Tibetan Dream Yogas).

There's a great Lucid Dreams site out there: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/

The woman that runs this site has done an excellent job of putting lots of info together.

It takes time and dedication, much like AP.

Best,

Soul

poème
29th January 2012, 03:04 AM
The first book I read on the topic was Stephen Laberge's Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming. The approach is practical and accessible, with many techniques and exercices, as well as personal experiences shared (descriptions of lucid dreams he and others had) which I enjoyed reading... His work is based on scientific dream study, but it is also partly inspired by the teachings of the Tibetan dream yogis, so there is also a slight mystical touch here and there. An excellent book on the topic, in my opinion :)

wstein
29th January 2012, 04:17 AM
I made a list of all things that happened only in dreams. Then I went over it just before sleep. Eventually when I was in a dream and one of those things happened, I knew I was dreming.

love_is_peace
1st February 2012, 07:50 PM
usually when i start flying in a dream i realise i must be dreaming and become lucid,

often also with times and letters, when they don't make sense, I recheck and voila go lucid

I also programmed a reality check once of putting a hand through a solid object in awake life (eg: i'd try to put my hand thru a table like a dozen times each day, etc) and then used it in a dream a couple of times. Tip: not a good reality check. Don't use it. In a dream if you try to put your hand through a wall as a reality check, a coupe of times the wall will feel very solid, only on like 4th or more attempt does the hand actually go through it. This is if you are reality testing, if you are already lucid then it will go through it the first attempt just as you intend. I guess its to do with intention, before you are lucid your intention is mixed up as you are not sure you are dreaming or not, hence the hand doesn't go through the wall as easily.

my tip is before going to sleep to read about dreams, read others dream journals, read your own, think about it, think about flying, and then hopefully that will do the trick :)

Guitarmaster72
7th February 2012, 06:39 AM
I actually found a pretty big spike in my lucid dreams when I started keeping a dream journal online here.

Also, setting the alarm to wake you up 3-4 hours before you would normally get up, and then going back to sleep helps a little too. And sometimes, you can just kind of feel you're dreaming you know? I had one where all I did was talk to my sister telling her that we were dreaming to become lucid (weird eh? my lucidity was "caused" by my lucidity... what a paradox!)

embrace
26th February 2012, 03:15 PM
Well, in order to become lucid in a dream, you have to really make it your GOAL and keep thinking about that when awake. Another thing is, you have 99% more chances in you practice in the early morning or afternoon rather than night.

I remember I had a series of brightest LD right after watching "Waking Life" - the film influenced me so much that I wouldn't stop thinking about it :) It caused a series of Lucid Dreams.