PDA

View Full Version : before NEW

me
1st May 2006, 10:19 AM
I recently had a blockage in my entire left foot, which has confirmed to me that all this time, I was actually doing something when practicing NEW.

And that made me think, what did people do before NEW? And what are the alternatives?

CFTraveler
1st May 2006, 12:40 PM
I recently had a blockage in my entire left foot, which has confirmed to me that all this time, I was actually doing something when practicing NEW.
And that made me think, what did people do before NEW? And what are the alternatives? I suppose they did therapeutic touch, Reiki, QiGong or Yoga.

Matthew
1st May 2006, 05:33 PM
I did a lot of chi kung before NEW. I can sympathize with you, me. ( :wink: ) I spent many hours sending energy to my tan tien only to find out while doing NEW that I was severely blocked in the abdominal region. How embarrassing!
The tactile awareness used in NEW has opened up my previous practices to exploration. For instance, I worked with my endocrine system and organs while practicing chi kung. Now, NEW has really connected me with these systems. The only thing I don't see in the literature about NEW is a way to "vent" used or negative energy. I still rely on my chi kung for that. But I've modified the technique, so I can perform it with my awareness hands.

-Matthew