PDA

View Full Version : shadow people

baalixan
5th February 2012, 11:33 AM
i may have posted a thread about something like this a while back, but i'm not sure. I was just reading the thread below about "hat man" whom i've never seen, but it made me think of all the shadow people i've seen. i've seen them just about everywhere, usually out of the corner of my eye, but i've seen one dart across the street in my neighborhood as i was driving down it....probably the weirdest one, a cat i had seemed to have one that followed it around...the cat would walk up out of my sight, and i'd see the shadowman standing there, i'd look over to see no one, but i'd see the cat sitting exactly where it was standing...this was a regular thing for the duration of living in the house we were in at the time. If i had to compare them to how them move, look, and act...They are like ninjas that are super fast...i don't know their purpose or motive, but they've never been disruptive for me like i've heard they are for some people...they are just there

CFTraveler
5th February 2012, 05:56 PM
I found this:
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?2194-quot-Shadow-person-quot
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?1056-My-experiences-with-shadow-people

SoulSail
5th February 2012, 11:06 PM
I've had a number of run-ins with shadow people, and I'm alway left wondering about the whole "shadow" bit.

I came up with a theory (I have lot of these about lots of things, most of them serve to humor me some years later when I understand things better.)

Anyhow, core parts...

1. Light: Self explanatory.
2. Thing: Something or somebody.
3. Shadow: Dark shape on the ground (significant), cast by something or somebody standing in light.

(drum roll please...)

4. Shadow Person: Given enough time and poor choices, something or somebody standing in light may wind up transferring their "being" into their shadow (dark side, lower nature), thus animating the shadow, leaving a shell (the thing still casting the shadow) behind.

In short, they've been so caught up with with their back to the light, fascinated by the image they cast that they, well, inject themselves totally into it. Metamorphosis in reverse.

Wacky? I don't know. But if I'm right, I wonder...can the thing extract its essence out of the shadow and back to what it left behind, standing in the light?

Soul...

CFTraveler
6th February 2012, 01:36 AM
Interesting. You're describing a retrieval there.

SoulSail
6th February 2012, 02:05 AM
What's a retrieval?

I mean, I can guess the gist of it by what I posted, but am interesting in the full scoop.

You're a Jedi, CFT. I can't keep up.

Soul.

CFTraveler
6th February 2012, 02:38 AM
If only.
Here's a link to a bunch of links that don't really answer the question but give you examples:
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?12139-More-Retrievals

But basically an aspect retrieval is the attempt to reconnect with a self aspect that has been fragmented from the whole self for various reasons, including devolution (as in your above example). In the case of a shadow aspect, you'd have to 'shine light on it' (which is a complicated endeavor, as complicated as it sounds, lol) and then reintegrate with it in various ways.

I'm obviously tired, as you can see from reading the grammar in this thing. Goodnight, all.

SoulSail
6th February 2012, 02:49 AM
It seems to stand that if there is a shadow (assuming my theory is correct, this is all wild conjecture) then there must still exist the thing casting it. How and where, I do not know so I'll read on the link you posted. But shadows necessarily demand casting objects.

Night CFT.

CFTraveler
6th February 2012, 09:59 PM
The objects would be the self aspects themselves... the parts of your persona that got stuffed or suppressed (even repressed) so much that they became almost independent. Hence the need to reintegrate.