PDA

View Full Version : The most delicious cup of coffee in the world

CFTraveler
8th February 2012, 02:47 PM
This morning I woke up as usual, and had my usual breakfast and coffee, took my son to school and came back. Only instead of going into the office to work and then clean the house, I took a book that I just got yesterday- a fiction book from one of my favorite authors with my favorite fictional character, and proceeded to have my usual second cup of coffee while I read a bit.
As I was enjoying one of the scenes that made me fall in love with this author, I realized how delicious the coffee was. I momentarily wondered what 'just right' mixture of ingredients I hit on- the right amount of milk, or just the right amount of sugar- the right 'burniness' to the coffee- that combined to make this coffee so amazingly delicious. As I finished it (and the chapter) I marveled at these little moments in life that combine to create utter perfection.
It's a wonderful day, thank you God.

SoulSail
9th February 2012, 01:20 AM
Coffee and literature. Enough said.

If you don't mind sharing, what are you reading? I'm beginning to miss fiction.

Soul

CFTraveler
9th February 2012, 03:39 AM
I'm a fan of Repairman Jack- a character created by author F. Paul Wilson. Just the right mix of 'crime-type' fiction mixed in with a good dose of mysticism and horror. I loooove Repairman Jack.
I started reading his books in either the seventies or eighties, and read most of his books. Then I started working in a metaphysical bookstore and 'kind of' stopped reading for fun, and recently I found the author's website, and was overjoyed to see the books were listed in order, and I'm catching up now. I just started reading 'By the Sword', and it started out deliciously.

newfreedom
9th February 2012, 05:31 AM
I have never really read fiction, only as a child, even then i would struggle with getting 'through' the books and much preferred to read comics and then later magazines.

I started my reading phase back in 1993 -94 and only read metaphysical & spiritual type 'real' books, this continued for many years. But since my awakening experience in 2006, i have not had the capacity/'rightness' to read books any more and think i have only managed to read about 2 over a 5 yr period.

I do sometimes read info. from spiritual type websites on the internet, but even that i mostly find difficult or impossible, so i am mostly still very 'blocked' from reading much or taking more info. in, in this way.

I had a little look at the website and the pictures on the cover of the books........interesting...

F.Paul Wilson's Official Website - REPAIRMAN JACK (http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/content.php?4-published-fiction)

CFTraveller, i'm glad you had a wonderful time with your coffee & your book......sounds like fun xx:mrgreen:

ButterflyWoman
9th February 2012, 06:16 AM
I sometimes have this happen with water. I drink a lot of water, but now and then, the pleasure of the cool water in my mouth and the feeling as it goes down my throat is so pleasurable it's almost blissful. In those moments I'm just so grateful that I have an unlimited supply of clean, clear, safe water to drink, amongst many other thoughts of gratitude and bliss.

Now and then, I also look around at the city I live in and just am overwhelmed with how much I love it, how perfect it is for me, how grateful I am to live here. Other moments of bliss happen regularly, as well, just overflowing joy over something small like sitting on the couch with my feet up watching Doctor Who with my husband, and I just have this overwhelming sense of well-being and pleasure and joy.

In other words, I totally get it. :)

SiriusTraveler
9th February 2012, 06:23 AM
Sounds like better coffee than where I'm working. This is pure poison, messing up the stomach in 1 sec. Gotta have some coffee though..

CFTraveler
9th February 2012, 03:56 PM
In other words, I totally get it. :) :love:

SoulSail
9th February 2012, 04:07 PM
I had one a superb "life is amazing" moment the other night.

The wife and I were eating dinner in a dimly lit place. I was taking my time, paying attention to her talking, and every bite mindfully. And just then I realized that John Lennon's song Watching the Wheels was playing. I'd never paid much attention to the lyrics, but this time I heard every word and almost cried. Note, I am NOT a crier. But everything snapped together just then, nice and clean.

"I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round,I really love to watch them roll,
No longer riding on the merry-go-round,
I just had to let it go..."

Soul

CFTraveler
9th February 2012, 04:40 PM
:thumbsup:

embrace
26th February 2012, 03:43 PM
My every day starts with a cup of coffee - it's my magic potion :) In fact, I'm having one now...