PDA

View Full Version : oh, so close...but no OBE cigar!

Harry Shirton
8th February 2012, 07:30 PM
Hello all...I am so close, but can't quite get that lifting out of physical body...I go through the steps, each one being successful, I think, up to the point where I'm actually feeling a humming/vibrating through my body after I have tranced for a bit. At this point, I use my Astral Hands and reach up for the ROPE...the awareness is there...I can "feel" Hands grabbing rope and pulling...I can feel a tugging sensation...I tug harder, and feel an "almost there" OBE, but can't trigger it. A couple of attempts, I had to conciously relax my body...the effort of tugging on the ROPE was manifesting itself in my body...I was aware of a slight tensing of muscles...focussed on relaxing...quick trance...back to square one and grabbed ROPE...again, almost there, but a full-blown OBE!
Any comments, suggestions? (Beyond what I keep telling myself...don't give up and keep trying!;))

CFTraveler
8th February 2012, 09:49 PM
Hi Harry. I already gave you some advice in the 'Welcome' thread, but I'll outline it this time:
1-I suppose you're doing relaxation and such exercises.
2-Then you're moving to trance practice, the object being to relax your mind and get yourself in a very light trance, close to sleep, but not quite.
3-Add energy body loosening to your routine, if you're not using it already. If you're not, we have some listed in the OBE R &D subforum. When you start to get some more definite signs of MABA, then
4-Do an exit technique. You mentioned ROPE, there is also roll side to side, waterski, Robert has a few listed, and we have too in the OBE R &D forum.
Very Important: If you feel you have failed, do not roll over and go to sleep. Get up and walk around.
There are various reasons for this, but basically it's about training.

rf396
9th February 2012, 02:04 AM
Hang in there bud Im in a similar boat. Ive had three without TRYING. When I TRY is when I get the same problems youre getting. Take the advice offered and keep moving forward thats the best way I think

rf396
9th February 2012, 02:06 AM
Very Important: If you feel you have failed, do not roll over and go to sleep. Get up and walk around.
There are various reasons for this,

CF can you expand on this please? Im interested

CFTraveler
9th February 2012, 03:29 AM
There are various reasons people don't project even when they do 'everything' right- most of the time they're not relaxed enough and do not reach a good level of trance before trying an exit technique, and other times they just fall asleep because they're too tired. There are other reasons, but these two are the most frequent. The second reason is something that I'll set aside for another time, but I'll get into the first one-

I find that people start trying an exit technique too soon, before they're in trance, and use the exit technique to induce trance. The problem with this is that after pulling on a rope for too long (or doing any other exit technique) they get mentally exhausted or bored (depending on the tech) and give up- inadvertently training themselves to fail- because if you do an exit technique for some time, and then go to sleep, what you are doing is training yourself to sleep after doing an exit technique.
Humans are creatures of ritual and habit, and starting an exit technique too early and then giving up and going to sleep is a good recipe for failure, and a way to train yourself to fail.
So what I advocate is first, to make sure you are already 'almost there' before even trying to exit, to make sure you are in the right brainstate for a successful exit, hence my insistence on doing various things before the exit technique.

I like breathwork because it combines mental and physical relaxation, and I like doing various types of mind games for trancework, starting with color visualizations and continuing with Robert's trance techniques, which give you a feeling of lightness and start to get you used to 'that floaty feeling'- and I also like energy body loosening techniques, which by themselves can induce an exit (if you're deep enough), but more than likely will begin to 'loosen' the energy body and focus your mind inward, even though it feels like a 'body' thing.

I also like to incorporate 'noticing' before the exit technique if I'm still 'too' awake, (but not until I feel I'm going to sleep) and combine it with listening to my earhiss. When I do this I get to the point where the noises can be separated and 'synched' with- then I know I'm to a point where I can try an exit technique- and it's ok to try more than one, by the way.

As to why I tell you to get up and walk when you think you've failed, the first reason is that sometimes you think you're not disengaged with your body, you think you're awake and it didn't work, you actually did disengage (or got out of phase with your body) but are still 'in' it, and getting up and walking around may be just what you need to completely separate. I have, on more than one occasion, found that when I got up to walk away I ended up floating away, much to my surprise.

Another reason (and perhaps the most important) is that when you think you've failed, if you get up and walk around, you will make sure you have not trained yourself to use an exit technique to go to sleep, because it's not the end result of your attempt- you did get up and go somewhere, even if you took your body along- it's about training yourself too.

Harry Shirton
9th February 2012, 04:16 AM
I'll stick to this thread CF...already feel I've outgrown the "Welcome Room" threads!
Got the techniques...will incorporate in regimen, and I'll stay longer deepening trance, loosen energy body...today was disappointing, but exciting at the same time...closest I've reached to exit so far! Definitely don't want to train myself to fail...I do daytime trials, and get up and walk around anyway, but I can see your point...something is preventing me...will keep tweaking to hit on whatever it is that works for me.

Harry Shirton
9th February 2012, 04:17 AM
Three w/o trying? Okay...now I'm jealous!

rf396
9th February 2012, 01:18 PM
Excellent Advice CF Thanks. I do my routine later at night from 10 -11:30 when the house gets quiet when Im done with my excercises pass or fail i go to bed, BUT I leave my meditation room and go to bed in a different room so that I keep that seperation. However, I do try some energy raising and body loosening while awaiting sleep to see if I can trigger and OBE. rest assured that from now on if I dont trigger one I WILL get up walk around. You are 100 percent correct about being creatures of habit and I have FAR TOO MUCH waiting for me on the astral to toss all this work for it, down the crapper. The whole reason Im DOING this is to get to my Twin Soul who waits for me and Ill be DAMNED If Im going to disappoint her, thanks again!!

rf396
9th February 2012, 01:21 PM
Dont be only the first one was 100 percent and perfect and even then I let astal noise distract me and ended it long before "I" was ready to. The second two were nearly complete exits but I blew them by hitting dreamland. Point is, its all but there, Im right on top of it like you and thats the frustrating part. Maybe if I didnt get SO close SO soon I wouldnt be so antsy. But as you can see from my response to CF above I have the GREATEST MOTIVATION in the Universe for WANTING IT. And so we soldier on...

Harry Shirton
9th February 2012, 03:11 PM
rf, I'm glad you asked CFT about the getting up and walking around...I feel the same...way too much at stake to blow it because of bad habits (dealing with coffee and cigs on physical plane...don't want to manifest any more demons!). To make sure it doesn't become a habit of accepted failure, I am going to approach it as a method I have to develop until I find something that works for me, rather than keep trying a single method that doesn't quite give me an exit. Reading everyone else's posts, especially those of senior members that are helping the rest of us, I get the sense there are more than "9 ways to skin this cat"! I'll use Robert's basic ROPE program...have had noticeable gains using this, and I'm going to incorporate his NEW techniques for energy raising...have had good results with his treatise when I went through that...CFT's advice on energy body loosening makes sense and I am going to incorporate that as well in my trial runs. I had a witch many years ago say I am to help people...years before that, an Indian sage told me pretty much the same thing, and more recently, I have tried automatic writing, and kept getting "learn OBE...you must learn so you may help others"...I gotta get myself empowered...kinda like the old adage, "Physician, heal thyself!"

CFTraveler
9th February 2012, 03:22 PM
Here is the question you asked in the 'Welcome' thread:

CFTraveler:
Thanks for the link...after my last reply, I did a quick Google and got your "stickie" on energy body loosening techniques! If I'm reading the techniques right, after I get to a proper trance state, I want to basically "thrash around" a bit with whatever method works for me to loosen up the astral anchors to my physical body? Yes, I think you already had the answer from this thread.

What about that thrumming sensation in my head around my ears? It was so so instense and heavy that I have to say I felt it, rather than hearing it...first time I had that sensation during my attempts.
When you are in trance all energetic sensations are amplified. This thread gives you a list of what to expect. Some you have already experienced, some not (yet)- maybe.
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?3522-Your-First-Conscious-Projection

Harry Shirton
9th February 2012, 03:37 PM
CFT...so far, going through Robert's ROPE methodology, I have experienced the expected sensations...I have gotten my trance state to the point I feel pretty much disembodied from my physical body, I can hear/sense a different energy level in myself...a vibration/humming...the thing with the loud thrumming in my ears was new...I am assuming its because I reached somewhere in the exiting I hadn't got to before, or maybe intensity of effort triggered it...I don't know...will loosen energy body, and everything I can before actual exit attempts...appreciate everyone's advice/counsel in this!

rf396
10th February 2012, 02:12 AM
rf, I'm glad you asked CFT about the getting up and walking around...I feel the same...way too much at stake to blow it because of bad habits (dealing with coffee and cigs on physical plane...don't want to manifest any more demons!). To make sure it doesn't become a habit of accepted failure, I am going to approach it as a method I have to develop until I find something that works for me, rather than keep trying a single method that doesn't quite give me an exit. Reading everyone else's posts, especially those of senior members that are helping the rest of us, I get the sense there are more than "9 ways to skin this cat"! I'll use Robert's basic ROPE program...have had noticeable gains using this, and I'm going to incorporate his NEW techniques for energy raising...have had good results with his treatise when I went through that...CFT's advice on energy body loosening makes sense and I am going to incorporate that as well in my trial runs. I had a witch many years ago say I am to help people...years before that, an Indian sage told me pretty much the same thing, and more recently, I have tried automatic writing, and kept getting "learn OBE...you must learn so you may help others"...I gotta get myself empowered...kinda like the old adage, "Physician, heal thyself!"

Cool, can you point me at the link for the OTHER energy raising techniques? i could use those

GRANT
12th February 2012, 03:22 PM
Have you experienced the severe vibration waves? If so, try to pull yourself out at one of the peaks.
Grant

Harry Shirton
13th February 2012, 05:43 PM
RF...energy raising techniques? If you just google "Robert Bruce NEW Treatise", you should be able to locate it...here's the link for his NEW energy raising:
http://www.astraldynamics.com/home/images/stories/informationcenter/downloads/new.pdf
I went through the whole excercise, and do the daily regimen at least three times a day...was pretty cool...could feel all the sensations he said to expect...
Grant...have hit the vibrations once or twice...more years ago when I first found Robert's ROPE technique...I'm working on getting to that trance state right now, rather than trying to do the whole exit thing (thanks to advice by CFT, who is no doubt reading this and nodding her head saying, "Yes, that's right...don't burn out on too early an exit attempt")
Harry
"Somebody told me how frightening it was how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared."

rf396
13th February 2012, 11:00 PM
Thanks Harry!

CFTraveler
13th February 2012, 11:08 PM
OTHER energy raising techniques? Did you mean 'other' as in 'not the various body circuits in NEW'?

rf396
14th February 2012, 07:31 PM
Did you mean 'other' as in 'not the various body circuits in NEW'?
Actually CF yes I did. But the link was interesting. Oddly enough my decreased vibrations have returned and are even a bit more intensense in localized areas where it will actually make my body parts twitch theyve been so strong...weird

CFTraveler
14th February 2012, 10:06 PM
Well, energy raising modalities are various- you can do raising in Yoga in specific poses (not being an expert I'll let others be more specific), and there is the Microcosmic Orbit (http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?4425-Micro-Cosmic-Orbit-Small-Circulation-Lesser-Heavenly-Cycle&highlight=microcosmic+orbit) (there is a link in the Energy forum dedicated to it), and I sometimes do something I call 'Cobra Breathing" which I actually derived from the Full-body circuit but it's not really.
How I do it is to imagine my head area is large like an enraged cobra (you know, how they extend the flaps and make the head large), inhale and imagine that the energy is going in though your circular head area, and on the exhale direct the energy down your face, chest and belly chakras all the way to the subnavel storage area, and do it again.
I'm pretty sure Taichi and QiGong have energy raising techs also.

rf396
15th February 2012, 01:59 AM
Hmm Very interesting. Thank You I will look into that.

Harry Shirton
15th February 2012, 04:25 PM
Greeting and welcome Harry
It appears that you Are making progress so that first OBE is likely 'just around the corner'. Desire and intention are as important as method and technique so stay with it and hopefully an OBE will occur very soon.

Good luck
Grey

GT...thanks for encouragement...this site is nice if only for the fact I know I'm not going on my Journey alone! I'd like to pick your etheric brain, though. About 10 years ago, I came across Robert's ROPE doc and practiced techniques. Never got to OBE, but came damn close. Life happened, I left ROPE doc in cardborad box (never got rid of it though!), and just recently I'm getting back into it.
Ten years ago, I remember getting to the point in my trance of getting the vibrations...I remember feeling/hearing this state...now I can get to a mid-level trance, but can't get low enogh to hit this mid-deep level! I try feather dropping, elevator lowering, walking down steps, falling/floating...I can feel a trance...a noticeable low-level whispering/humming...but can't get to that next point of actual buzzing/vibrations!
Any thoughts/observations/advice?
Regards,
Harry
"I think the monkeys at the zoo should have to wear sunglasses so they can't hypnotize you."

embrace
28th February 2012, 03:37 AM
one question: when you begin to try the rope technique, have you reached a sleep paralysis? That's the thing many beginners misunderstand and ignore. If you are able to move your body when you try, that is NOT the state you can possibly have an OOBE in.

Here's how it works:

1. Reach sleep paralysis
2. Wait for vibrations / unusual noises
3. WAIT until vibrations get stronger, don't rush things
4. Use just about ANY method (the rope really works nicely, I use it a lot).

If the state you are in is right (sleep paralysis + strong vibration), you will EASILY achieve OOBE.

Harry Shirton
28th February 2012, 05:55 AM
Embrace..."sleep paralysis"? I do my trancing during the day...I go through breathing focus/relaxation, chakra energizing, then meditation/breathing to bring on a trance state. I feel a disconnection from my physical, I feel a mild humming vibration, then I go through energy loosening, and can feel myself close to an exit, but not able to actually exit. I couldn't say I am paralyzed at any point, and definitely not sleepy...my attempts are during the day...once in mid-morning, and another in the middle of the afternoon.

embrace
28th February 2012, 06:03 AM
Embrace..."sleep paralysis"?
How can you tell if you're close to exit? :) If you haven't achieved a conscious sleep paralysis (look up the term), you cannot possibly have an OOBE. Feeling relaxed is not enough. You need to achieve a state when your physical body falls asleep and your mind remains awake. The vibrations and noises everybody is talking about are the usual sensations that we usually experience in sleep paralysis. We're usually not aware of those sensations, because by the time we reach sleep paralysis, our mind is long asleep.

It really is that simple: if you can't move your body even though you try, you are close to having an OOBE.

Harry Shirton
28th February 2012, 02:35 PM
Embrace...checked into sleep paralysis...from what I can infer, I need to go deeper in my trance meditations? I feel somewhat beyond just relaxed...I get relaxed when I start out...usually start with some NEW energy raising, then go through the ROPE steps. I open my chakras and raise the energy in them, just as Robert outlines in ROPE, then I go through the induced lowering of self to bring on the trance. I get to a point where I feel disconnected from my physical body, I feel a low-level humming vibration throughout my body (not intense enough to be a buzzing vibration, but the sensation is definitely there). When I get to this state, I go through energy-loosening excercises, "lower" myself a bit longer to maintain the trance state, then reach for The Rope. Several times now I can feel a lifting sensation, like I'm separating out from my body, but can't quite make a total exit. Are you suggesting, with reference to "sleep paralysis", to go even deeper in my trancing to get a total paralysis-vibration?
Harry
"One thing vampire children have to be taught early on is, don't run with a wooden stake."

CFTraveler
28th February 2012, 02:36 PM
I don't like the term 'sleep paralysis' for the paralysis you get close to an OBE- because it has negative connotations i.e. the medical term for when you wake up paralyzed with hallucinations/hypnopomps- so I usually differentiate onset paralysis (or trance paralysis) from it.
Sleep paralysis (the negative event) happens at a different time in the cycle than onset/trance paralysis, and has a completely different level of lucidity, making it not as good for OBE exit.

Harry Shirton
28th February 2012, 03:35 PM
CF...that's why I was questioning it when Embrace brought it up...I try my ROPE's during day, and I DO get into trance state. I'll keep focussing on deepening my trance states from this point on...patience and obstinance shall overcome!

embrace
28th February 2012, 05:08 PM
From wikipedia:

Many perceptions associated with sleep paralysis (visceral buzzing, loud sounds, excited mental state,[22] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis#cite_note-21) presences, and the paralysis itself) also constitute a common phase in the early progression of episodes referred to as out of body experiences (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_of_body_experience)

I never before heard the term trance paralysis. I agree that many people are afraid of sleep paralysis, but in my very humble opinion, there is no way of achieving OOBE without it - at least, not for me :) Perhaps others have had different experiences, but given what I've experienced I can only achieve OOBE when my entire body is paralyzed (sometimes I'm able to open my eyes, but no more than that).

CFTraveler, when you have OOBE, can you move your body simultaneously? I can't imagine this happening to me.

CFTraveler
28th February 2012, 05:48 PM
CF...that's why I was questioning it when Embrace brought it up...I try my ROPE's during day, and I DO get into trance state. I'll keep focussing on deepening my trance states from this point on...patience and obstinance shall overcome! Also try energy body loosening before you get to the exit- it makes it easier and deeper.

CFTraveler
28th February 2012, 05:53 PM
From wikipedia:

I never before heard the term trance paralysis. I agree that many people are afraid of sleep paralysis, but in my very humble opinion, there is no way of achieving OOBE without it - at least, not for me :) Perhaps others have had different experiences, but given what I've experienced I can only achieve OOBE when my entire body is paralyzed (sometimes I'm able to open my eyes, but no more than that).

CFTraveler, when you have OOBE, can you move your body simultaneously? I can't imagine this happening to me. You can have an OBE without being paralyzed, but it's not easy- it requires a lot of experience and awareness. Luckily it's not necessary if you have 'traditional' exit symptoms when very deeply tranced- it becomes tricky when you start having things like double input (aka bilocation) and symptoms very early in the trance, before paralysis.
I projected the traditional way (after paralysis set in) for many years, and it was only a few years ago, after I stopped having vibrations or voices in the 'right' time- I found that I was 'ready' while still being able to move, which made an exit technique difficult- I had to focus on the technique very intensely while keeping my body completely still- very difficult but doable.

embrace
28th February 2012, 05:57 PM
You can have an OBE without being paralyzed, but it's not easy- it requires a lot of experience and awareness. Luckily it's not necessary if you have 'traditional' exit symptoms when very deeply tranced- it becomes tricky when you start having things like double input (aka bilocation) and symptoms very early in the trance, before paralysis.
I projected the traditional way (after paralysis set in) for many years, and it was only a few years ago, after I stopped having vibrations or voices in the 'right' time- I found that I was 'ready' while still being able to move, which made an exit technique difficult- I had to focus on the technique very intensely while keeping my body completely still- very difficult but doable.

Fascinating.

CFTraveler
28th February 2012, 06:01 PM
The problem with the Wiki article it's not that it isn't accurate- it's that most articles of the sort describe paralysis either as a symptom of something, and as one overall phenomenon, when there are actually two different stages in the sleep cycle when paralysis happens, and only one is optimal for an OBE exit. That's why I like to differentiate between the two.
When you go into trance deliberately, you are most likely to project in alpha to theta, when you are completely lucid and clear, and will have a successful projection that you can recall and record. This theta state can have paralysis associated with it but not always- only in deep trance.
However, what most people call sleep paralysis (waking up paralyzed, sometimes with unpleasant symptoms) happens on the REM cycle, not theta, where there is no lucidity. So they both are episodes of paralysis, but they happen on different parts of the sleeping cycle. Sleep paralysis often is accompanied by hypnopompia (naturally, since you're in REM) which can cause panic and loss of control. If you can get lucid and can pursue projection more than likely it'll not last long and will be traumatic and end abruptly.It can be done and I've done it, but I prefer to break the paralysis, get my wits back and then project from a 'going in' phase of the cycle.

Harry Shirton
28th February 2012, 08:40 PM
There is something I'm not doing to allow a successful exit...I'm definitely getting into a trance state...I can feel it...I can feel a disconnectedness/separation of the two selves, physical and astral, but I can't quite lift out of physical body when I grab the ROPE! Its frustrating, but not enough to make me walk away...I'm way too close to my controlled concious OBE to give up! I either have to focus more on getting deeper in trance state and yanking more diligently on The Rope, or get deeper in trance state and let not focus and let the cosmic dice roll! There seem to be as many different detailed methods on this as there are members who do it...my task is to keep re-writing my own personal how-to script until I work out what works for me...
Harry
"If you're ever shipwrecked on a tropical island and you don't know how to speak the natives' language, just say "Poppy-oomy." I bet it means something."

greytraveller
28th February 2012, 10:15 PM
Greetings Harry
For most people that first OBE is the Hardest to achieve. In fact, Many people get so frustrated that they quit after a few or months. So try to stay positive and keep at it!
Also, maybe try another exit method. Probably the most popular is the "Roll out" method. This is what I did to get that first OBE. A mental exercise, keep thinking of rolling the astral/ethereal body out of and away from the physical body.
Keep trying anything and everything until that special something works!

Good Luck
Grey

Harry Shirton
28th February 2012, 10:34 PM
GT...thanks for the encouragement! I definitely won't be giving up. I've "played" with the roll-out during energy-loosening excercises once in trance...tried the expanding/contracting energy bubble, sending energy balls through chakras, and have tried just sitting up...so far, no exit, but its there...I know I'm close, its just a matter of mental reference and readiness.

CFTraveler
28th February 2012, 10:43 PM
You'll get there.

SiriusTraveler
29th February 2012, 07:16 AM
Yup, eventually you will smoke your OBE-cigar. Perhaps even smoe a cigar during OBE ;)

Harry Shirton
29th February 2012, 02:23 PM
LOL...yes, Sirius...I'm looking forward to getting that cigar!

Harry Shirton
5th March 2012, 07:48 PM
to date...some prgress overall, but still no definitive exit.
Energy raising 2-3 times a day, and getting to trance state taking a lot less time.
For the last 2 weeks, for a couple of hours a time, I feel like there is the eraser end of a pencil pressing into my forehead just above my eyebrow line, and occasionally I will feel a mild but noticeable pressure on my tail bone at the base of my spine. Assuming I'm having chakra energizing because of energy work?
Still no exits...I think! A couple of times, I pulled on ROPE and felt like I was out, but couldn't SEE anything...that didn't faze me, as I remeber reading several Projectors commenting on how sometimes it takes a while for astral vision to clear. I realized while in this (pseudo?) exit was that I was aware of my breathing, and immediately became aware of the rest of my body physical. Was this a split-mind thing? I recall RB and others commenting on having awareness of 2 different vision perspectives...physical eyes and astral vision simultaneously. I'm wondering if I was actually out for those weird 5 seconds, and brought myself back after pndering on why I could feel myself breathing or what?
Anyway...closer...but still no OBE cigar!
Harry
"The difference between a man and a boy is, a boy wants to grow up to be a fireman, but a man wants to grow up to be a giant monster fireman."

CFTraveler
5th March 2012, 10:08 PM
to date...some prgress overall, but still no definitive exit.
Energy raising 2-3 times a day, and getting to trance state taking a lot less time.
For the last 2 weeks, for a couple of hours a time, I feel like there is the eraser end of a pencil pressing into my forehead just above my eyebrow line, and occasionally I will feel a mild but noticeable pressure on my tail bone at the base of my spine. Assuming I'm having chakra energizing because of energy work? Yes. The brow thing is fairly common because of energy work and awareness, and you may also get 'cobweb' sensations on your brow along with the pressure (and sometimes fast throbbing). This is to be expected.

Still no exits...I think! A couple of times, I pulled on ROPE and felt like I was out, but couldn't SEE anything...that didn't faze me, as I remeber reading several Projectors commenting on how sometimes it takes a while for astral vision to clear. I realized while in this (pseudo?) exit was that I was aware of my breathing, and immediately became aware of the rest of my body physical. Was this a split-mind thing? Yes. Because the rope method is such an 'aggressive' method, sometimes it gets you out but so close to your physical body that you need to get away ASAP or keep pulling until you get launched out.
When this happens, don't try to 'see'- just imagine you are radar and you are trying to feel the room around you- get close to a wall and then feel your way away from your body, and when you get far enough vision will come naturally (or a reassembly of your etheric senses) and you don't have to 'do' anything to 'see', just getting away is sufficient.

I recall RB and others commenting on having awareness of 2 different vision perspectives...physical eyes and astral vision simultaneously. I'm wondering if I was actually out for those weird 5 seconds, and brought myself back after pndering on why I could feel myself breathing or what? Yep. This is not so rare.

Anyway...closer...but still no OBE cigar!
Harry I'd say you had a short partial exit and rebounded your way in. But I think next time it'll happen, because you got close enough to get an idea of how it feels.

Harry Shirton
6th March 2012, 04:46 PM
Wow...cobwebs? Noticed something that felt like strands of cobwebs...not often...it happens infrequently enough that I just wrote it off as my walking into some spider web strand (grew up on a farm, so its not like the feeling was new or anything!)...never found an actual strand on my face, and never found the "spider" responsible...from your last post, maybe that's what I'm experiencing!
Nothing much new, but today I noticed after energy work and meditations, the pencil end on my brow now feels like a small shot glass, rather than a pencil. Have tried RB's "Seeing Auras the Easy Way" (or whatever its called), and have had success seeing the correct aura around different coloured pieces of paper. I can see my own white energy sheath in the mirror, and a couple of times, a multi-layered, multicoloured nimbus around my head. Haven't seen any sign of chakras though.

Harry Shirton
21st March 2012, 03:13 PM
ok...March 21, 2012...still no OBE exit (that I'm aware of!). Went and purchased RB's "Evolution" (wanted MAP, but finances/employment forbid this)...did a lot of note-taking...reassessed my methodology...tried going into trance whilst sitting in chair, used new breathing technique (in-mouth, out-nose), and the energy loosening ball applied from third-person perspective. Gave it a week or so, to get used to revamped approach...tried couple of times...less success than my old method.
Stayed away from OBE-ing attempts...read a post suggesting visualizing a lanyard attached to end of ROPE...this struck me as a good suggestion...I've always thought of my ROPE as an infinite device, stretching up forever.
Yesterday, went back to lying down on bed (not really worried about falling asleep, I do my OBE regimen well into the morning after NEW work/meditations/etc), and my old breathing technique. I'm still using what RB had suggested in "Evolution" for my deditations, but I had no problems before getting into trance, so I went back to older, and thought of ROPE attached to large hook in ceiling.
Yanked and pulled at appropriate time, and ended up in a weird detached floaty sensation, but was still very aware of being in my physical body, but not by much! Asked for vison, willed myself to Travel to front hallway (my preauthorized Plan, as recommeded in "Evolution"), waited a minute or so, then, just in case, said out loud my keyword to try to induce recall if I was out but not aware (also mentioned in "Evolution").
Nada, zip, zilch...
I want to stop posting in this "Close but no OBE cigar", and start posting in the "Success Stories" section!
I'm sticking with what I tried yesterday, but I keep thinking of the posts where unsuccessful attempts could possible generate a failure-expected frame of mind.
I know one aspect I need to work on is the focus on JUST my astral arms whilst yanking on ROPE...have felt my physical neck tense a bit from effort...will try to focus on physica/astral separation of activity...not giving up, but very frustrated!
Harry

Harry Shirton
10th April 2012, 09:02 PM
okay...just finished week one of MAP...relaxation good, breathing awareness good, energy body stimulation good...remembering dreams...still pretty dicey/patchy...on to week 2!!!

rf396
12th April 2012, 07:31 PM
Thats the way Harry just stick with it. How are you liking the program so far?

CFTraveler
12th April 2012, 10:04 PM
I'm a big fan of MAP.... and I found it at my library for free (not for me, since I already own it) but you should check it out in yours.

Harry Shirton
17th April 2012, 08:01 PM
thanks for info, CF...but already bought my own (Amazon). Well...just finished Week 2!
1. Affirmations: 30x, morning and night.
2. Relaxation - going by the book each day.
3. Breath Work - coming along fine (was/is doing daily meditations anyway, so breath work wasn't new territory)
4. Energy Body - just dandy...no aches/pains/blockages...similar sit'n to breath work...have been doing daily NEW regimen for couple of months now...nice to feel those tingles!

Everything is good so far, except for dream memory...still a bit patchy, but am keeping dream journal up to date, even if I have no recall.

Read ahead on week 3...looking forward! Patiently waiting for spontaneous OBE/lucid dreams!

CFTraveler
17th April 2012, 08:45 PM
Keep up the good work!
:thumbsup:

Harry Shirton
18th April 2012, 02:35 PM
Thanks, CF...just finished my first session morning week 3 affirmations...wow...felt like I was reciting from Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now"! (Just finished that and his "New Earth"...fantastic reads!)
Rick...great advice! Going through step-by-step, and sticking with schedule, rather than condensing 2 or more days in program into one (though more than once, I've been tempted!)

Harry Shirton
24th April 2012, 09:21 PM
Okay...just finished MAP Week 3.
Still a tad sketchy on dream recall/lucid dreaming, but will keep up with MAP lesson plan (reality checks).
Relaxation...under control.
Mind Taming...keeping mind clear measuring minute(s) now, rather than seconds.
Energy Body...very cool today...just finishing off Cloud Breathing excercise, thinking to myself, "All right...time to start the Energy Body PreStim". As this thought is going through my head, I notice a very noticeable tingling in the bottom of my feet! Didn't start with the astral hands or anything yet...just thought about it! Very cool...

rf396
24th April 2012, 11:51 PM
That A boy Harry itll come.

Harry Shirton
25th April 2012, 08:33 PM
Wow...MAP week 4 is start of chakra stim...did the excercise by the book, and at the end, felt some sensation, but not much...then...after I'm arapping things up from Day 22, I feel a very noticeable tingle/throb at Base...delayed reaction?

CFTraveler
25th April 2012, 11:32 PM
Possibly. Or you were doing something at the time that facilitated that.

Harry Shirton
16th July 2012, 09:04 PM
okay...just starting week 12 of MAP.
OBE Walk Through...done every day...
Relaxation...limp as over-cooked pasta...
Energy...no problem...can feel tingling in palms/soles...energy moving to sub-navel storage...
Chakras...can feel awareness during actual activation, but nothing beyond excercise sessions...
Third eye trance...doing great...10-15 minutes, and feel heaviness in limbes with accompanying mild hummin/tingling...
Loosening...go through couple of different loosening sessions per day...
Exit sensations...nada, zip, zilch, zero, goose-egg!
RB mentions often the imprtance of OBE memory download training, because you won't be aware you have successfully projected until projectable double comes back for reintegration and memory download.
Every account I've come across form people that have succussfully projected always seem to be a first-person narrative...its not a "I waited in my recliner, hoping I had projected, and then all of a sudden I had memories flooding through of my procted double's adventures!" It always seems to be a first-person accounting..."I went into a trance and then after trying for 20 minutes, I was aware I had floated away from my physical body...I was out!"
So...is it a first-person awareness, or is it waiting until you get rerun memories after reintegration?
Just lookin' for some feedback, kids...week 12 and no discernible exit sensations to date!
Regards,
Frustrated Harry

CFTraveler
16th July 2012, 10:02 PM
First person awareness in my experience. I have sometimes received downloads when in deep trance, or in dreams, but I consider them 'past' memories (of previous adventures) although they could indeed have happened two seconds ago.

GRANT
16th July 2012, 10:54 PM
It is definitely a first person experience. Maybe you're trying too hard. The first time you project, while awake (not a dream state), and look at yourself, you'll never forget it.

Relax--no alcohol at all the days you want to try to project. I find alcohol will prevent me from projecting.

At first, just try to slowly and purposefully shift your consciousness and etheric body outside of your physical body.

The biggest thing is to realize; is that it is TRUE.

Grant

dreaming90
17th July 2012, 01:15 AM
Frustration is a big stumbling block, it definitely had me struggling with OBEs for months. I suggest taking a more relaxed attitude-- for example, treating OBE as a sort of extreme sport. :)

Remember that the best time of day to try for an OBE is about two hours before you normally wake up. Set your alarm early. Get up and read a magazine or something boring until you get that groggy feeling, then return to bed and go through your projection steps.

I spent a long time trying to project at night before bed. This was a HUGE waste of time. Even the early evening can be tricky. The whole driving force behind the development of Hemi-Sync was the fact that Monroe's "explorers" kept falling asleep before projecting (they could only practice in the evenings).

I also suggest keeping a dream journal to thin the veil between waking and sleep.

Harry Shirton
17th July 2012, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the feedback!
Dreaming90: yes, I try to relax and not let my frustrations get in the way...I realize it sets up too much negative energy. I usually do sessions in middle of afternoon...I think I'll try the waking up early method and see how it goes! Thank-you, Dreaming90.
Grant: Its first-person for you? Good...that's what I want to here! I keep telling myself its just a matter of time, as there is lots of supporting evidence to show its TRUE!! Thank-you, Grant.
CFTraveller: Another first-person? Excellent! Gives a definite boost to self-confidence! Thank-you, CF.

Harry

GRANT
17th July 2012, 09:30 PM
Also be aware--when you do get out, try to see the "Silver Cord". (It may take a few projections because at first you'll be trying to fly and see clearly because of the "fish bowl" thing (also the spherical vision)) You'll be suprised to see it attached to many others of "yourself" ; each body aware of eachother and of the same thought. You may even see some of them sleeping.

Grant