PDA

View Full Version : who is calling me and why?!?!?

Harry Shirton
9th February 2012, 03:20 PM
have a question, and this seemed like the best/only place for it because it has to do with sound.
For many years, as far back as I can remember, I have heard my name being called in my head. Its not just before I go to sleep, or when I just wake up...then I could write it off to some leftover energy-dream srtate event. No, this happens at any time through the day, and the voice doesn't always sound the same, but it always calls out my name in a manner one would use to get someone's attention. The frequency doesn't seem to have a pattern...over my life, I sometimes heard it once a week for months, sometimes months would go by without hearing it...but it isn't my imagination (weird thing to say anywhere but this website!)
I've heard it too many times...it pops in over my own thoughts, and calls out my name, like I said, in a manner used to get someone's attention.
Am I less sane than I think, or is there some archive dealing with this sort of phenomenum?
Regards,
Puzzled Harry

CFTraveler
9th February 2012, 03:28 PM
We used to have a thread about this theme a long time ago, I'll see if it's still around.

Harry Shirton
9th February 2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks CFT...can I ask what "CF" is in your CFTraveler?

CFTraveler
9th February 2012, 03:52 PM
My initials. If you hang around long enough you'll figure out my first name.

This is not the one I had in mind but it's similar.
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?4053-Why-Do-I-hear-someone-calling-my-name&highlight=hearing

For the record, I think everyone hears someone calling their name, I used to all the time as a child (when up and about) but no more. Maybe children are more 'open', or are in the 'right' brainstate for this. I think any quiet time where you are not listening to anything can bring this forth, but it's just my opinion.

Harry Shirton
9th February 2012, 05:47 PM
lol...okay, I'll patiently hang around, CF!
And thanks for the redirection on my question on hearing my name...I like this site...I'm quickly losing that "I am an island" feeling...

DarkChylde
9th July 2012, 10:11 PM
I just love the sea you see.When i was very young i didnt even know coral isnt a stone its actually alive and it lives and grows!.
Pink Coral , someone gave me a piece of it a long time ago & i have it still you see :heart:

ButterflyWoman
10th July 2012, 05:58 AM
I'm quickly losing that "I am an island" feeling...
Mate, you're a continent! Even if you are girt by sea.... ;)

Seriously, though, I know what you mean about feeling quite alone. But, as it happens, you're not, and neither was I. Unusual, maybe a little strange, atypical, yes, all those things, but not alone (at least, not from a human perspective ;)).

DarkChylde
10th July 2012, 02:55 PM
it happened to me all the time when i was young later now i think i might have been hard of hearing (i have to constantly ask people to repeat themselves) so sometimes when someone calls out for me i usually turn around say "hmm yes?"
It's like there's some fleeting ephemeral moment in which you turn your neck around and instinctively reach back out to being called.
Sometimes when i check myself cricking my neck back in a twist i realize there's no one there calling out.That's when i pull myself back together and let the moment go.
I havent thought much about it until i read this ; weird how someone out of blue pokes at a logs ablaze and a dieing cinder glows right back in a moment of incandescent heat.
Then it goes out suddenly ; and just like that.