PDA

View Full Version : ego threatened

IronGega
9th February 2012, 07:05 PM
I think I know whats going on but I'm not sure if it's evelutionary to me. Since I've read the power of now I looked back on other books that discuess the same principals of living in the moment.

since I've been getting back into my meditation and begun doing this practie there are time that my ego is in full extreme. i feel angery over little things that never bugged me I lose myelf in my bitter thoughts like i haven't before any thought on if this is part of the healing process?

CFTraveler
9th February 2012, 11:47 PM
There is an old saying I've heard, which is "Things come up (to the surface) to be healed". I'm thinking this is what's happening.
Another is "bring light to it"- in other words, whatever comes up, deal with it directly (I'm thinking of a thread that Korpo wrote that may be helpful with it- I think it's called "Inner Dissolving". I suggest you find it and read it. It's either in the Meditation or the Energy Work forum.

ButterflyWoman
10th February 2012, 08:04 AM
When something like anger or bitterness or resentment comes up, it's an opportunity to deal with it and to heal it. In other words, I agree with CFT.

SiriusTraveler
10th February 2012, 08:20 AM
I have also noticed this recently. Whenever I meditate or concentrate I get theese old memories popping of which I'm not proud of. Whatever memory it is it is something emotional and I figure I might as well try and understand that situation. I agree with CFT and Butterfly.

I wonder if one sould approach it by forgiving oneself or if the sollution lies in another way of thinking.
In what way do you think one should best heal it? What is the right way to approach it? Perhaps only oneself knows that?

CFTraveler
10th February 2012, 03:17 PM
I think that is the 'question of the hour' and it probably depends, not only on the person, but the event itself- but it always starts with confronting it.

Korpo
10th February 2012, 11:51 PM
I have also noticed this recently. Whenever I meditate or concentrate I get theese old memories popping of which I'm not proud of. Whatever memory it is it is something emotional and I figure I might as well try and understand that situation. I agree with CFT and Butterfly.

I wonder if one sould approach it by forgiving oneself or if the sollution lies in another way of thinking.
In what way do you think one should best heal it? What is the right way to approach it? Perhaps only oneself knows that?

Hello, SiriusTraveler.

I would say that such memories popping up would mean that you progressed to accessing the emotional and mental layers in your meditation. Old memories seemingly accessed at random are in my opinion the energetic blocks you need to overcome and let go of. These are your past choices limiting your future.

Many meditation traditions recommend acceptance, a quality not readily described. Think of acknowledging that it happened, don't get drawn into it, don't think the same thoughts over and over. Don't get dragged in. If you can achieve this, you've done quite a lot. You've done your part for removing the emotional charge and becoming neutral to these events, transforming them from blocks into neutral and non-blocking memories.

What you need to especially watch for is a tendency of reaction and judgement to these events. Judging and reacting strongly may continue the energy, while taking a more observing stance might help defuse them more readily. When you see judgement cropping up, notice it for what is, maybe even name it as such, and you might already stop it in its tracks.

Oliver

IronGega
11th February 2012, 04:39 AM
thats just the info i needed to hear thanks korpo, and thanks cft for your compassion

farewell2arms
11th February 2012, 04:16 PM
I agree with the above, this is an opportunity for you to grow and develop. It is important to let these feelings emerge fully to be able to let go of them. As long as you notice that you are in the observer position you can see that they have no real power over you. They cannot define you, how can they, if you are that which is watching them?

It is easy to get lost in thought especially at these moments. Emotions are like fuel to the fire that are thoughts. I usually focus on the breathing if that is possible. Relaxing is also key to expanding awareness.