PDA

View Full Version : Water Planet Discovered

CFTraveler
22nd February 2012, 12:45 AM
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2012/02/nasa-discovers-a-water-world-a-new-species-unlike-any-planet-we-know-of.html

"By analyzing the previously discovered world GJ1214b, astronomer Zachory Berta (Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics) and colleagues proved that it is a waterworld enshrouded by a thick, steamy atmosphere."

LPCF
23rd February 2012, 02:41 PM
Yes I read about that, too. Fascinating! Although it looks unlikely that there will be intelligent physical life there (please not the adjective "physical" before life!) I am sure that there must be similar planets with water but less high temperatures. It would be so interesting to hear the views and experiences of life forms from such planets about astral projection, the after life and metaphysics generally. How similar would they be to ours?!

SleepyHead
19th March 2012, 03:17 PM
Wow :D Pretty recent post. It's so exciting nowadays with new technologies and discoveries popping up every month :) I wonder what other attributes this planet has that might help our knowledge of science continue to evolve :)