PDA

View Full Version : SoulSail's 5th Outing (5 is a good number)

SoulSail
3rd March 2012, 07:09 AM
Had a wonderful projection about two hours ago.

Around 10 tonight I did two meditation sessions before bed. The first was the Tibetan practice of awakening the sacred body, followed by an hour of Vipassana.

I went to bed with my headphones on, listened to some binaurals while I drifted in and out. At some point I took the headphones off and decided to try projecting. I recall stating my intent. Not out loud, but inward, and this time it wasn't so much a declaration as a request being earnestly sent out to God, the Universe, my Guides...anyone that was listening.

Later, I woke slightly when a wave of electricity went up through my feet and body. I felt myself almost push out the top of my head. It was all very quick and I was out, only, I didn't realize it at first. But looking around the room, everything was placed wrong. The telescope by the bed was at the wrong angle and I could see all around me without turning my head. Everything was inverted and I just couldn't figure it out. Moving was a struggle for some time as I had an incomplete split again and kept flickering back and forth from my astral body to my physical.

But then I remembered to float. I "let go" and the floating came easy. The next I knew I was being gently pulled feet first through darkness, as if being flushed out with a current I dared not resist. I moved rapidly through the darkness. A very exhilarating and immense feeling. At some point I got a little freaked and said, "not too far, please," and I stopped.

Then, I'm the most beautiful place. A circular cavernous pool of aquamarine water set down in rock. Sunlight breaks through in beams where it can, there are a lot of plants growing here above head and around me.

The water is only a few feet deep, but pure and clear and so green. Two ducks float gracefully at the other end of the pool, so I step back, get a running start and then go skating across the water's surface toward the ducks. I'm not just walking on water, but skating on it.

The ducks take off as I pass, but I don't stop and then I wind up below some overhang and it's dark, only the sound of water trickling into the pool, droplets all around.

I don't remember how I left. I only remember playing there in that pool for a very long time. I kept telling myself I shouldn't stay out too long or I'd forget things, and I suspect I didn't download a lot of what I did there, but I got this part very clearly.

I've still got work to do on negotiating how to make a clean break from my body, navigate by thought, etc. But it's evident that one must really get some distance in order to avoid the body's nasty gravitational pull and the subsequent confusion that results. Once that's done it's all fireworks.

The whole thing was wonderful. I've been at this practice 8 months now and this is the first major AP I've had, and one that I can classify as overwhelmingly pleasant. Still a little dreamlike, but I'm getting there.

Goodnight all,

Soul

Awakening the Sacred Body: http://www.amazon.com/Awakening-Sacred-Tenzin-Wangyal-Rinpoche/dp/1401928714/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330758145&sr=8-1

CFTraveler
3rd March 2012, 03:14 PM
:thumbsup:

IA56
3rd March 2012, 05:43 PM
Congrats SoulSail!!!....Wonderful!!

Love
ia

greytraveller
3rd March 2012, 06:06 PM
Hallo SoulSail
You were fortunate to have traveled OOB to a special place. The trick will be to deliberately return to that place in a future projection. Hopefully you will be able to manage it. Yet many people, including me, find it difficult to travel to specific nonphysical locations.

Regards
Grey

Korpo
3rd March 2012, 06:41 PM
It does sound pleasant and beautiful. :)

LPCF
3rd March 2012, 09:43 PM
I'm very happy for you, SS.

SoulSail
3rd March 2012, 10:07 PM
Hi All,

There's an element here that's got me curious.

I've now had two projections where I landed in completely foreign terrain. First was my brief trip a goblin domain:

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?13243-SoulSail-s-2nd-outing-Lower-plane-experience-with-lingering-questions&highlight=soulsail%27s+outing

And now this one. In both cases I traveled through a completely black tunnel at what felt like impossible speed. It almost reminds me of that scene from Contact where Jody Foster is shuttling through the Wormhole.

I don't how common this experience is across the AP spectrum, but I'm aware of its prevalence in NDE accounts.

I'm not sure what to think, or if it's worth examination.

Any insight?

CFTraveler
3rd March 2012, 11:15 PM
I consider tunnel projections such as that to be third eye projections, or so it seems from the elements wherein. I'll see if I can find something similar in my journal. Might take a day, bcz I have to get going.

rf396
3rd March 2012, 11:53 PM
Way to go SS keep it going.

SoulSail
4th March 2012, 12:51 AM
I consider tunnel projections such as that to be third eye projections, or so it seems from the elements wherein. I'll see if I can find something similar in my journal. Might take a day, bcz I have to get going.

Hey CFT,

I found this link which mentions the tunnel relating to the third eye.

http://www.meditationguru.com/thirdeye.html

I didn't spend much time on this site so I don't if he's punting or borrowing from another source.

In any case, I look forward to your response and appreciate it in advance.

Soul

CFTraveler
4th March 2012, 03:03 AM
I found a bunch of them (apparently, I was having a lot of the same type from 2006 to 2008, for some reason- haven't in forever). It's not the one I had in mind, but you get an idea of the things you see when you get out that way.
Some of them are kind of dumb, but there are more than I thought, some I didn't even remember, will have to go through my own journal again to see what I used to do and how it's changed.
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?714-CFTraveler-s-OBE-Journal-and-Liminal-exp&p=68557&highlight=tunnel#post68557

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?714-CFTraveler-s-OBE-Journal-and-Liminal-exp&p=55938&highlight=tunnel#post55938

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?714-CFTraveler-s-OBE-Journal-and-Liminal-exp&p=44165&highlight=tunnel#post44165

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?714-CFTraveler-s-OBE-Journal-and-Liminal-exp&p=16241&highlight=tunnel#post16241

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?714-CFTraveler-s-OBE-Journal-and-Liminal-exp&p=99688&highlight=tunnel#post99688

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?714-CFTraveler-s-OBE-Journal-and-Liminal-exp&p=66605&highlight=vortex#post66605

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?714-CFTraveler-s-OBE-Journal-and-Liminal-exp&p=48920&highlight=vortex#post48920

Sorry about your eyes. :D

SoulSail
4th March 2012, 03:06 AM
Very cool.

Thank you for taking the time!

Off to read these now.

Frozen Astral
4th March 2012, 05:29 AM
Hey Soul,

Glad to see the technique yielding the same results as it did me. On almost all of my projections where I ended up somewhere other than the RTZ I traveled through the black abyss you mention for some time before reaching the destination. It seems like it is a sort of barrier between others parts of the planes. Fear not just keep flying as fast as you can upwards and you will soon be entering another lovely place as you described.

Lastly something I have noticed about the technique. Since you are bordering so close to sleep when you actually leave your body the amount of time spent out is even more crucial and requires some training, & or pinpoint accuracy. Just a few moments spent out too long and it becomes a dream that you mat not have much recollection of, except for bits and pieces. That has happened to me a couple times and my technique may require a little fine tuning to get the kinks worked out. My last projection I spent so much time out I forgot I was in a projection, it became a non-lucid dream at some point. I am just glad to see that it is working for you though, a week ago you were telling me how hard it was to AP for you. Now look at you having wonderful projections 2 times in a couple days. Good luck in the future.

SoulSail
4th March 2012, 03:14 PM
Agreed on the sleep/timing issue. I suspect this projection wound up in a dream at some point. But getting out, projecting, and enjoying the cavernous pond were much clearer than any dream, this much I recall. More, I recall marveling at how lucid and spectacular everything was even if I didn't capture the exact feeling on waking. I just remember myself stating as much when I was out.

I'm going to shift the experiment up a bit and bump it 3 or 4 a.m. This may help with clarity and recall since we're not going out during the brain's foggy time. We'll see.

Also, I plan on continuing the MAP routine as a matter of practice, but it's clear to me now that I'm simply not ready to project during the day as a result of several factors: one being the required state of relaxation is much more than I supposed from reading MAP. Not that MAP fails here, it's clearly emphasized, but my chiropractor just laughs every time I come in for an adjustment. She assures me my muscles are storing far too much stress (the result of wonky frame). I've had this confirmed by a number of professionals, and can feel it. I just can't get the muscle relaxation during the day no matter how much I try. Might have something to do with my work as well. Hmmmmmm.

Soul

Frozen Astral
5th March 2012, 06:34 AM
Kind of late and got to get up early so not gonna write much, and I'll reply to your message first thing tomorrow. But the only thing I could think about for a day projection for you would be a starting after a mid-day nap if possible. It's funny projecting in the day though. I figured I would be projecting into some well lit place, but that was not the case.

Some times in the middle of the day I projected to somewhere that was as dark as a moonless night. And in the night sometimes I have projected to very bright places. I found that very interesting at the time, I don't think time of day has any effect on the planes.

SiriusTraveler
5th March 2012, 12:14 PM
Hey there! :) Glad to hear you are progressing! I get the feeling that it could have been a lucid dream? If not, how do you tell the difference between them (if you'v had a lucid dream)? I'v only ben lucid once last year and when I became lucid it was mostly black and I really could'nt make out any landscape or anything. I just hovered and landed, then i woke up. I wonder if that is the same grey fog i have read that AP'ers can experience in the early stages of OBE experiences.

Frozen Astral
5th March 2012, 06:14 PM
From months of experimenting and experiences I have came to the conclusion Lucid dreaming is Astral Projection. As soon as I turn a dream Lucid it instantly has the same feeling as a conscious projection. Not going to get into the details at the moment, perhaps another time. Got to hit the road.

CFTraveler
5th March 2012, 06:51 PM
Many projectors believe (and I am one of them) that a lucid dream is a projection into the astral planes- that is, when you dream you are in a personal area of the astral that is being shaped by your subconscious mind- the minute you wake up in the dream (aka become lucid) you can them move on to the collective areas.
The main difference between an AP (such as phasing) and a lucid dream is how you 'arrive' at it- in a lucid dream you usually start out there and wake up while in it, and in an AP you start out lucid and then go into the scape, either directly from full waking (such as phasing) or an OBE to the RTZ and then you switch 'locations'.

SoulSail
6th March 2012, 03:04 AM
I'll also throw my 2 cents in here. Even if they are different, what primary objective do they share? How big is the intersection between the AP and WILD or DILD Venn Diagrams?

For me the goal is conscious awareness, free of physical limitations. Whether that can be achieved "out there" and I must access it through a telescope (AP), or "in here" and I must use my microscope (LD), in the end game I have tool look in the mirror at some point in it all and wonder if they guy looking back is has woken up a little regardless of the scope he's been looking through.

Soul

SiriusTraveler
6th March 2012, 07:08 AM
I totally aggree with you guys here. My goal is also conscious awareness. One other question I have is if you were to have a lucid dream and you know you are lucid dreaming but you'd like to get out of the personal area created, as CFT wrote above, how would the transition out of the lucid dream into the astral planes feel/be? Would tehre be any difference in consciosness, like a shift or some kind of click that lets you know that you are no longer in a lucid dream? Or would you just know that you ae no longer in a dream environment?

SoulSail
6th March 2012, 01:40 PM
Hey Sirius,

I've been pondering your question more and I thought I'd add one more thing. I believe I projected given that I hit the vibration stage and was definitely awake when that took place. And once I was out, everything looked backward and odd. Robert mentions this effect in Astral Dynamics, how the room your in may seem inverted and if you're seeing the whole thing without turning your head, even more confusing.

Also, the vibrations here were very different. They seemed a much higher current. Very clean, quick, and effective. I popped right out. I think they were at a much higher frequency than I'm used to. By comparison I'd say the vibrations I usually experience are much lower and for lack of a better word...clunky. I felt like a live wire during these.

Soul

CFTraveler
6th March 2012, 05:11 PM
Just remember that vibrations are moving targets- they change, change back, speed up, become too smooth, and at some point may stop happening altogether. But fun when they happen, IMO.

SoulSail
12th April 2016, 07:43 PM
So here's another post I'm following up on years later...

This projection was made up of unrecognized precognitive symbols, and I'm beginning to see just how many precog dreams and projections I've actually had in life. What happened in this projection came to pass in reality. Here's the rundown on this one:

The "ducks", which were actually geese, represented my marriage and how I split it, causing both birds to go their own way.
The water being shallow represented my heart at the time, the green stones just scream heart chakra.
The dark cave I wound up in represented a very dark time of emotional fallout that followed.
The dripping in the cave represented tears.

I could go on and on, but that's probably enough of my personal life out there. Pay attention to your projections, they might be showing you the future.

Soul

LPCF
16th April 2016, 09:08 PM
Soul, you're back?! Since time has little meaning on the astral, it is perfectly possible that lucid dreams/AP could have precognitive symbolic aspects in some cases. No doubt you are right. Unfortunately I can't confirm this from my own experience, as all my APs are "practical" visits to help pets and their caretakers.

How is Charlie, your lovely doggie? (See http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=432&d=1337597400 ).

It's really nice to see you back. Please send a PM if you have time.

SoulSail
17th April 2016, 05:27 PM
Hey there friend!

Well, I'm sort of back now and then but I don't comment much or share my experiences much any longer. Every so often I'll put something out there like this post, mostly because having the perspective of time, and in looking back, I now see so much more in my early AP days. Overall I think I've become rather lazy! I do, however, keep up a few practices: hot yoga, zazen and Nirtan Chi, with Nirtan easily being one of my all-time favorite movement meditations. Yummy delicious.

But yes, time has little meaning in Astral land, or anywhere for that matter. Time now seems to me no more than a daisy-chaining of memories, giving the impression of events being spread out. Totally necessary, but tricky all the same given those memories unequivocally point to the non-existent, to nothing.

And Charlie is doing just fine. He's protecting a dear boy of 13 as I charged him to do. Wonderful, playful soul.

I hope you're well and it's great to chat!

Soul