PDA

View Full Version : Out for the first time.

Cackle
9th March 2012, 12:26 AM
Hey guys.

So last night was pretty weird/awesome.

Basically I fell asleep around 7-8 o'clock last night after getting home after a long day and woke at around 10pm. I was due to get up at 5:30am so I got ready for bed and messed around on the internet until about midnight then attempted to get to sleep.

After about 15 minutes of trying to get to sleep, my body just sort of "sank" into mild vibrations and I literally slipped out of my body with relative ease and managed to pull myself out fully for the first time, at which point I started floating above the foot of my bed, looking out over my room.
I was only fully out for about 5 seconds when I got excited and got pulled back into my body at which point my body was tingling and I got really cold for a few minutes before getting really warm.

I have managed to get half out before on several occasions but I always had to kind of MAKE the vibrations get more intense when it happens spontaneously (which has always been the case). I also always get very cold and then very warm before a return to normality when I get thrust back into my body.
Last night was different though, everything felt sort of, lets say, lubricated, as if I could just slip out.

I then awoke with sleep paralysis and some aural hypocognic hallucinations before falling back to sleep again.

All in all, the experience was great, havent had an OBE attempt in quite some time so this was a nice treat :)

SoulSail
9th March 2012, 01:05 AM
Fantastic!

Thanks for sharing. I think for some, myself included, it's more natural to slip out at night, especially if you've mixed up your sleep pattern by going to bed early. Naps work the same way. I've had two projections since I started trying at night. Also, I think muscle relaxation and bordering on the astral via proximity to sleep play key roles at that time.

Anyhow, thanks for posting.

Soul

greytraveller
9th March 2012, 10:58 PM
Hallo Cackle
It's always good to know that a person got out of their body for the first time. Even if the OBE lasted only a few seconds you Did get fully OOB and that must feel good. Excitement and other strong emotions often ruin an OBE. (It ruined an experience for me last night when I got really excited and immediately woke up during the start of a lucid dream.) So don't be discouraged about that because next time you are more likely to remain calm and stay OOB for 15 minutes or more!.

Regards
Grey

CFTraveler
9th March 2012, 11:28 PM
Congrats Cackle! :thumbsup:

embrace
12th March 2012, 03:06 AM
This sounds like a typical OOBE :) Congratulations, I know how great it feels when you get it right for the first time!