PDA

View Full Version : Nausea :o(

4th May 2006, 03:23 PM
Having waves of nausea & dizziness for like a week now, this morning it's pretty intense (and no, I'm not pregnant, lol). I stopped doing NEW for a while, the last time I practiced was like this weekend?? Not sure.

It really stinks!! Seems my digestived tract is in some turmoil.

Any ideas? Matthew kindly mentioned sometimes this can be attributed to the 3rd chakra (solar plexus)? Seems I might be having some emotional issues related to same, not sure though.

Seems to help to eat soups and salads, anything heavier intensifies.

Krystal
4th May 2006, 03:47 PM
Have you noticed an increase in your energy level?

I know with attunements to techniques, you can go through what I've heard called a "detoxing" experience. "This could show as headache, diarrhea, dizziness, colds, flu-like symptoms, etc. This is quite normal though."

I went through this recently when I attuned to some new techniques, lasted for several days then it just stopped, like it had never happened. Very weird.

4th May 2006, 04:05 PM
Have you noticed an increase in your energy level?

My energy goes up and down like a yo-yo. I get surges then feel really tired, then surges, then really tired.

Detoxing? Hmm... Not sure, could be? I dunno. Thanks for your input!

Jaco
4th May 2006, 09:13 PM
Go to a doctor :)

4th May 2006, 09:44 PM

:lol: That's a good one...

Why would I pay an exhorbitant fee to have some quack use archaic methods to misdiagnose my problem when I know it can be fixed energetically??

Oh, do I sound a little harsh? lol

Jaco
4th May 2006, 10:31 PM

Why would I pay an exhorbitant fee to have some quack use archaic methods to misdiagnose my problem when I know it can be fixed energetically??

Was your post above a joke? If so, then - hehe :D
But if it wasn’t, then, maybe it’s better to go to a doc, hmm? It might be something serious.:)
If you say you can handle it, that’s ok? But can You really handle it?:)

Nay
4th May 2006, 11:49 PM
I get nauseous when I haven't eaten in several hours. It comes in waves. It sounds like your blood sugar is getting low. Just throwing that out there.

Hope it gets better regardless of what it is! sounds like it's no fun having it.

Take Care,
Nay

5th May 2006, 12:04 AM

Was your post above a joke? If so, then - hehe :D
But if it wasn’t, then, maybe it’s better to go to a doc, hmm? It might be something serious.:)
If you say you can handle it, that’s ok? But can You really handle it?:)

Thanks for your concern Jaco. I do appreciate that. :)

I really wasn't joking, I do not like doctors at all and I do believe their methods to be archaic. If I had insurance and a regular doctor, well, then, maybe. With my current situation, I would have to pay cash and the local clinic charges $160/visit and you never know what kind of doctor or care you're going to get.

I do suspect these symptoms are related to something that is going on with me energetically and just might be part and parcel of this growth or maybe even a blockage of some sort? I was just hoping some people here might have some comments that might offer some inspiration. I'm not asking for a diagnosis, I'm just curious of other people's experiences with energy work and nausea.

Thanks Nay. That's one problem I don't have; waiting too long between meals. :? I'm sure it will get better soon, thank you for the concern. :)

5th May 2006, 12:17 AM
Actually, the sugar thing makes some sense in that I have rec'd a few 'hints' to lay off the sugar!! LOL I'm trying to clean up my diet, not too fast or anything, no drastic changes all at once, but I am having a tough time leaving the cookies alone, lol.

I think more water and sticking to lighter fare for the time being is a good idea.

Thanks again for your concern.

5th May 2006, 12:36 AM
Hi Scym,
Are you doing lots and lots of energy or meditation work? I discovered the hard way that my energy body wasn't ready for a 3 and one half hour meditation. I was extremely dizzy and extremely nauseous for over a week. I had to stop all meditation and energy work for a week and then re-introduce it slowly. One of my teacher's told me I had "meditation sickness".

If you think it might be related to low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), eating proteins helps. Meat, nuts, legumes, etc. They take longer to metabolize and keep your blood sugar at a more even level. Watch out with the water. Hydration is good, but if your urine is very light yellow or clear, you can really mess up your metabolism. It isn't healthy to over-hydrate.

If you can't figure out what it is and it continues, I would definitely say see a doctor. They can run a blood test and see what might be going on. Even the greatest of healers has to see a doctor now and then.

Nay
5th May 2006, 12:46 AM
If you think it might be related to low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), eating proteins helps. Meat, nuts, legumes, etc. They take longer to metabolize and keep your blood sugar at a more even level. Watch out with the water. Hydration is good, but if your urine is very light yellow or clear, you can really mess up your metabolism. It isn't healthy to over-hydrate. Soooo true. I learned that the hard way. I don't drink much soda so I was drinking a ton of water, sometimes up and over four liters a day I then found myself sleep walking!

Funny enough I was talking to an operator with comcast (our local cable provider :P ) I have no idea why it came up, but I mentioned the sleep walking, she got all excited because she had just got over some sleep walking spells and had went to the Dr about it. They found out she was drinking way too much water. I cut my water in half and haven't had any problems since. Weird how one gets into conversations with complete strangers. :D

5th May 2006, 02:26 AM
Hi Scym,
Are you doing lots and lots of energy or meditation work? I discovered the hard way that my energy body wasn't ready for a 3 and one half hour meditation. I was extremely dizzy and extremely nauseous for over a week. I had to stop all meditation and energy work for a week and then re-introduce it slowly. One of my teacher's told me I had "meditation sickness".

If you think it might be related to low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), eating proteins helps. Meat, nuts, legumes, etc. They take longer to metabolize and keep your blood sugar at a more even level. Watch out with the water. Hydration is good, but if your urine is very light yellow or clear, you can really mess up your metabolism. It isn't healthy to over-hydrate.

If you can't figure out what it is and it continues, I would definitely say see a doctor. They can run a blood test and see what might be going on. Even the greatest of healers has to see a doctor now and then.

Thanks PHG. Actually, I haven't been meditating at all lately. I had been working on NEW, but stopped that for a while too. I think I'm going through some energy changes, I suspect that is the cause.

As far as low blood sugar? Not sure about that one. As far as water, if anything, I'm under-hydrated (drink lots of coffee :roll: ).

I just went for nice long walk (2.25 miles :shock: ) out in the fresh air on a forested peninsula by Lake Washington - man was that gorgeous. Now I'm starving, lol.

Will eat some good veggies tonight and drink plenty of water. We'll see how it goes. Thanks again for everyone's input. :)