PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding affirmations for a child with autism/adhd

Bexy
14th March 2012, 12:38 PM
I posted this first in the 'Ask Robert Bruce' section, but I'm guessing Robert is plenty busy, so I'm hoping for some input from members here:

I have a few questions regarding an affirmation for my daughter of 7 who has austism/adhd symptoms and developmental problems, e.g. she can't make phrases of more than 2 words and is at the level of a 3 year old.

(It has been a long journey of detoxifying vaccines, diets, natural supplements, chiropractors, an atlas correction and finally realizing I needed to work on myself too to get her to improve. She sees auras all the time and knows exactly when you're trying to trick or force her. I think The Law of Attraction has probably also played a big role in her being born to me. I have learned somuch about myself through her. I had a rather rough childhood and I'm working on letting all the anger, sorrow and wrong attitudes go as we speak.)

Then I stumbled upon the works of Edgar Cayce and I found an affirmation:

"AS YOU (calling the child by ITS OWN name, that it responds to even by any FORM of suggestion) AS YOU SINK INTO A QUIET RESTFUL SLEEP, THE ORGANS OF THE BODY WILL SO FUNCTION THAT THE VERY BEST WILL BE BUILDED IN THE PHYSICAL AND MENTAL BEING, GIVING THAT RESPONSE THAT WILL BE A NORMAL ACTIVITY FOR THE ORGANS OF THE SENSORY SYSTEM"

It sort of sounded like this affirmation would 'cover it all'. The problems in her gut, her central nervous system and her brain.

Questions:

1. I have to do the affirmations when she's already asleep, because she won't fall asleep when I'm still talking to her. I'm not entirely sure if this is ok because Cayce speaks of 'suggestive therapeutics', making it sound like my daughter would really have to hear the affirmation? Which is a bit weird because her conscious self wouldn't really understand the words anyway. Is it ok to do this when she's already asleep and I just change the phrase into 'while you are sleeping'?

2. Now, I'm sure it doesn't matter to the Higher Self what tongue I speak, but it's simply easier for myself to put stronger intent into the affirmation when it's in my native tongue (Dutch). Is that ok?

3. Can I also do these affirmations when she's at school and I'm at home looking at a picture of her or will this have less effect?

Grateful greetings

CFTraveler
14th March 2012, 02:19 PM
I posted this first in the 'Ask Robert Bruce' section, but I'm guessing Robert is plenty busy, so I'm hoping for some input from members here:

I have a few questions regarding an affirmation for my daughter of 7 who has austism/adhd symptoms and developmental problems, e.g. she can't make phrases of more than 2 words and is at the level of a 3 year old.

(It has been a long journey of detoxifying vaccines, diets, natural supplements, chiropractors, an atlas correction and finally realizing I needed to work on myself too to get her to improve. She sees auras all the time and knows exactly when you're trying to trick or force her. I think The Law of Attraction has probably also played a big role in her being born to me. I have learned somuch about myself through her. I had a rather rough childhood and I'm working on letting all the anger, sorrow and wrong attitudes go as we speak.)

Then I stumbled upon the works of Edgar Cayce and I found an affirmation:

"AS YOU (calling the child by ITS OWN name, that it responds to even by any FORM of suggestion) AS YOU SINK INTO A QUIET RESTFUL SLEEP, THE ORGANS OF THE BODY WILL SO FUNCTION THAT THE VERY BEST WILL BE BUILDED IN THE PHYSICAL AND MENTAL BEING, GIVING THAT RESPONSE THAT WILL BE A NORMAL ACTIVITY FOR THE ORGANS OF THE SENSORY SYSTEM"

It sort of sounded like this affirmation would 'cover it all'. The problems in her gut, her central nervous system and her brain.

Questions:

1. I have to do the affirmations when she's already asleep, because she won't fall asleep when I'm still talking to her. I'm not entirely sure if this is ok because Cayce speaks of 'suggestive therapeutics', making it sound like my daughter would really have to hear the affirmation? Which is a bit weird because her conscious self wouldn't really understand the words anyway. Is it ok to do this when she's already asleep and I just change the phrase into 'while you are sleeping'? It is ok to do it while she is asleep. You should do it more than once (once she is asleep, and before you expect her to wake up. This targets different stages in her sleep cycle, to make sure she heard you. However, you should do more than change 'thy' to 'you', because Cayce lived in a time where this is how everyone talked, and now people talk differently.

2. Now, I'm sure it doesn't matter to the Higher Self what tongue I speak, but it's simply easier for myself to put stronger intent into the affirmation when it's in my native tongue (Dutch). Is that ok? Do it in Dutch. Even though the Higher Self eventually hears it, (the HS knows what you are thinking, lol) what you want to do is to program her subconscious mind, to allow her superconscious mind to come through with the healing that you are looking for.

3. Can I also do these affirmations when she's at school and I'm at home looking at a picture of her or will this have less effect? It depends on what you are trying to do- if you are trying to program yourself to be more accepting of her condition, or to see her as perfect already, then go ahead. but if you want her to heal then you have to communicate to her.

However,
There is an axiom that I was taught by my former minister, who was a very seasoned metaphysician, and that is that when children are less than seven years of age, they are very closely linked to their mother 'like extensions of themselves' and that is why most religions don't consider then responsible for their own actions until they reach that age- so it is possible that doing affirmations by yourself about your daughter will directly affect her.
So it doesn't hurt to try.

Now, about the affirmation itself, I do have a couple of thoughts:

Frankly, I think that this is unnecessarily detailed and contrived, and counterproductive in it's message (you are not normal).
I would change it to something like this:

"You are a perfect child of God. Your body and mind work perfectly, you understand and feel and communicate with ease. You are happy and healthy."

This pretty much covers everything, is specific enough for her needs, and goes straight in, no need to 'understand' complicated biological terms.

Grateful greetings Blessings to you and your daughter.
CF.

Bexy
14th March 2012, 05:53 PM
It is ok to do it while she is asleep. You should do it more than once (once she is asleep, and before you expect her to wake up. This targets different stages in her sleep cycle, to make sure she heard you. However, you should do more than change 'thy' to 'you', because Cayce lived in a time where this is how everyone talked, and now people talk differently.

Do it in Dutch. Even though the Higher Self eventually hears it, (the HS knows what you are thinking, lol) what you want to do is to program her subconscious mind, to allow her superconscious mind to come through with the healing that you are looking for.

Waw, thank you, this is most helpful. When you say 'more than once', do you mean a few different times? Like at 9pm, 10pm, etc. till I go to sleep myself and then again in the morning, or also that I should state it a few times in a row? The 'thy' isn't a problem in Dutch, we don't have it, or we never changed it, depending on how you look at it LOL.

Is it okay if I whisper it? (she's a very light sleeper).

It depends on what you are trying to do- if you are trying to program yourself to be more accepting of her condition, or to see her as perfect already, then go ahead.

Thank you for explaining the dynamics. I didn't fully understand how it worked as I had been looking into Tibetan healing mantras too, which are done remotely with a picture. This actually sounds like it could be beneficial too. It can be exhausting at times to handle her.

However,
There is an axiom that I was taught by my former minister, who was a very seasoned metaphysician, and that is that when children are less than seven years of age, they are very closely linked to their mother 'like extensions of themselves' and that is why most religions don't consider then responsible for their own actions until they reach that age- so it is possible that doing affirmations by yourself about your daughter will directly affect her.
So it doesn't hurt to try.

Cool, thanks.

Now, about the affirmation itself, I do have a couple of thoughts:

Frankly, I think that this is unnecessarily detailed and contrived, and counterproductive in it's message (you are not normal).
I would change it to something like this:

"You are a perfect child of God. Your body and mind work perfectly, you understand and feel and communicate with ease. You are happy and healthy."

This pretty much covers everything, is specific enough for her needs, and goes straight in, no need to 'understand' complicated biological terms.

Blessings to you and your daughter.
CF.

Thank you for your help and assistance. If you ever need anything translated to/from Dutch, drop me a line. :)

CFTraveler
14th March 2012, 06:55 PM
When you say 'more than once', do you mean a few different times? Like at 9pm, 10pm, etc. till I go to sleep myself and then again in the morning, or also that I should state it a few times in a row? I would say wait until she is very asleep, and do it once, and then before she awakes- do this a few times a week, for two or three months. This should be enough, I think, and your daughter doesn't need an exhausted mother.
Thanks for the offer- my great grandmother from my mother's side was Dutch, but I never met her, so I never learned the language.
;-)

SleepyHead
16th March 2012, 10:29 AM
Can you let me know how it goes?? I've always been very curious about such methods of healing and cures, especially if it's dealing with something that somebody's already born with. I personally just have Asthma, and I was wondering if our mind is really strong enough to cure a physical handicap that came with our birth. I'm also a do it and learn guy most of the time, but this obviously requires more than your own hands to finish the job :mrgreen:

CFTraveler
16th March 2012, 02:26 PM
Can you let me know how it goes?? I've always been very curious about such methods of healing and cures, especially if it's dealing with something that somebody's already born with. I personally just have Asthma, and I was wondering if our mind is really strong enough to cure a physical handicap that came with our birth. I'm also a do it and learn guy most of the time, but this obviously requires more than your own hands to finish the job :mrgreen: A former member here improved his asthma by doing a specialized visualization technique, and although my asthma is not chronic I have used it successfully.
Basically it is: Inhale slowly and feel your passages expand- feel the air open up your breathing tube (like when you flare up nostrils, but in the throat). Do it a few times when you are not having an attack, and get used to the feel of it. It's helped me a few times when I was having trouble and didn't have my inhaler.

SleepyHead
19th March 2012, 01:23 PM
I think I've been using this technique without knowing it's name. I survived 32 hours on this technique once because I didn't want to pay for the emergency centre, and at some point during these 32 hours my body continued breathing the same way automatically without me trying to stress my lungs. Or maybe they were just too numb to feel the pain, haha. So is there no spiritual way to try to counter such Asthma attacks, if not Asthma in general? Maybe a sleep routine, thoughts to be put in the subconscious mind?