PDA

View Full Version : Aloha Brothers & Sisters

Saul
22nd March 2012, 05:37 PM
Dear friends,

I live in Bristol, England, and currently work in Occupational Therapy at my local hospital.

I have been reading the forums for several years, but only recently joined and started posting.

I was a long-standing member of The Order of Dionysius and Paul (a Mystery School in the Western Esoteric Tradition) in Bristol, but left just over seven years ago to break free from the hierarchy and dogma, to discover a deeper Truth from a more personal perspective. I then spent five years living in Glastonbury working at the beautiful Chalice Well Gardens, before returning back to Bristol two years ago.

My spiritual inclination over the last two years has been inspired by the teachings of Tibetan Buddhism, especially from the Bon tradition and the practice of Lojong.

I am very much looking forward to a continued exchange of stories, ideas, teachings and humour that this beautiful forum and the people that make it so provide.

Love and blessings to all,

Saul

CFTraveler
22nd March 2012, 05:55 PM
Welcome to the forums, Saul.
I hope you indeed find a good group to exchange ideas here.
Love and Blessings to you too.

greytraveller
23rd March 2012, 07:21 PM
Hello and greetings Saul
That is a very interesting path you've taken over the last few years. This site should help you continue
on your spiritual journey,

Regards
Grey

newfreedom
24th March 2012, 10:58 AM
Hi Saul, glad you joined :-)

Look forward to seeing you around...

:grouphug:

smith99
14th April 2012, 01:19 PM
Dear friends,

I live in Bristol, England, and currently work in Occupational Therapy at my local hospital.

I have been reading the forums for several years, but only recently joined and started posting.

I was a long-standing member of The Order of Dionysius and Paul (a Mystery School in the Western Esoteric Tradition) in Bristol, but left just over seven years ago to break free from the hierarchy and dogma, to discover a deeper Truth from a more personal perspective. I then spent five years living in Glastonbury working at the beautiful Chalice Well Gardens, before returning back to Bristol two years ago.

My spiritual inclination over the last two years has been inspired by the teachings of Tibetan Buddhism, especially from the Bon tradition and the practice of Lojong.

I am very much looking forward to a continued exchange of stories, ideas, teachings and humour that this beautiful forum and the people that make it so provide.

Love and blessings to all,

Saul
Hello, Welcoming you in this forum...Hope we will have fun in near future. Tell us something more about you ..I am waiting for your next post. Hope everything is fine. All the best. See you soon:tongue:

LPCF
22nd April 2012, 05:39 PM
Greetings, Saul! You have already been on a spiritual journey - and I'm sure you will find kindred spirits here.

BTW I did a phrase-specific search (i.e. in speech marks) for the Order of Dionysius and Paul - and this thread came up first of three! A non-specific search didn't bring up much, except for a site by Allan Armstrong.

Saul
7th June 2012, 03:58 PM
Hi LPCF,

Allan Armstrong is the Prior of the Order of Dionysius & Paul. The ODP is a Religious Order dedicated to the contemplative life and the study of Comparative Religion, Mythology and Symbolism.

Very little is written on or about the ODP because it's a Mystery School. However, it's not a secret organisation, just private!

I hope that clarifies.

Barry
7th June 2012, 08:20 PM
Welcome Saul. I just read your post about Matter vs Non-Matter and found it extremely interesting. Did you ever experience receiving a 'gift' before ?

Saul
13th June 2012, 04:30 PM
Hi Barry, and thank you for your interest!

I've not recieved a 'gift' in in this manner before. On reflection, I think my question to Bob was really about Matter vs. Spirit, which we all know are One and the same thing! A part of me believes that when one recieves a gift from the Spirit it is often an outward sign of an inward grace that is bestowed upon the soul. It will be interesting to see how Bob answers the questions.

Once Bob has answered I will open the question up as a thread for all to respond to, as I'm sure there will be several people on this forum whom have vuluable experiences they to may wish to share.

Blessings,

Saul

Barry
13th June 2012, 09:06 PM
Yes, I'm curious about Robert's reply as well.

Cheers !