PDA

View Full Version : Ambiguity in REIKI

her crow
13th April 2012, 07:13 AM
Hello :)

Some time ago I had come to a relatively low point in my life where some dark aspects were plaguing me, my vibration was quite low and this was causing physical deterioration of health. At that time Reiki appeared in my life - it was coming up in conversation all the time, through tales from people I knew, and through new acquaintances. Soon it became apparent that this was no coincidence, so I finally agreed to address this. I found out that a friend of mine, whom I had not seen for many years, was a Reiki master-teacher. She agreed to share some knowledge with me, and demonstrate her abilities.

She healed me completely, removed all negative influences from me, which made my vibration very clean and bright. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, because I could witness it on many levels - the violet energy of Reiki felt like smooth silk going through my limbs, effortlessly obliterating any negativity or blockage it encountered; then I got a sensation of this energy 'going deeper inside' and addressing my emotional problems, which caused me to cry and laugh at the same time while shaking violently. I remember I got a very strong sensation of something dark and slimy almost dripping from me, and evaporating as it hit the ground. After this I felt physically lighter and more joyous. It was wonderful.

So I decided that this skill was something that I would look into and probably master myself. I started talking to various Reiki teachers and students, really trying to understand the essence of this practice. Sadly, this didn't go anywhere, because surprisingly nobody could really tell me anything meaningful about the actual mechanics behind the healing. I got the feeling that most Reiki practitioners were like children who have been given great power, but they have no understanding of it - they can heal, but they don't know how this happens. It was a big turn-off.

I went with this problem to my teacher and we started investigating what was going on with these people and this practice in general. We found some interesting stuff.

The most surprising are the actual mechanics behind healing - use of symbols. Basically when a person decides he wants to know Reiki, he finds a master-teacher who will infuse the student with the first symbol 'Cho Ku Rei'. Symbols appear in the aura and with auric sight it can be seen as a glittering glyph in the person's periphery. The student can then channel energy from 'outer space' and the symbol will act as prism and amplifier. Some time later the teacher will infuse the student with the symbol of second level 'Sei He Ki' which will allow the student to perform emotional healing, and after that 'Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen' which will enable the student to heal remotely. This approach is interesting because it enables a very simple 'transfer' of power to people with no experience whatsoever.

The funky thing about these symbols is their meta-intelligence. The symbols have their own consciousness, and it is possible to meditate on them and receive guidance directly from the symbols themselves. If you also take into account that every Reiki student is literally branded with this symbol, this starts to look suspicious.

So me and my teacher decided to meditate (and speculate a bit) on this whole thing, and we came up with the following - there is a higher being, whose name is written in the symbols of Reiki, and his every follower is branded with a part (or all parts in the end) of his name. It is unclear what the being gets from his followers, maybe its existence depends on belief in it, however it rewards its followers with healing abilities. It is a very positive being, however it can decide what kind of energy will be beamed to its followers for use in their practice. So what this really means, is that Reiki users are all hooked up to a being with its own agenda that CAN influence their actions by giving his followers whatever guidance it sees fit.

This becomes a sort of morality problem. Sure, one could join in with the being and become one of its chanells and do some really good stuff for other fellow humans, healing them and everything. However one would be this being's subject or in a sense - a slave

What do you think of Reiki generally, and what do you think of our findings?

Sinera
13th April 2012, 10:35 AM
I've been to a Reiki healer for a few sessions 2 years ago. I did not notice too many effects, neither health nor energetic effects, except for my base chakra heating up when some chakra cleaning was done (with the healers hands being quite a few inches off my coccyx area).

In another forum a poster who claims to have great experience in a lot of metaphysical fields, told me (which I found provocative then) that the basis of Reiki was actually a demon.

I cannot further enlarge upon this as I did not ask him more about it then. But I can ask him again what exactly he meant by this and what the basis for his allegation is or what his (re-)sources and/or own experiences are in this regard.

Korpo
13th April 2012, 10:44 AM
Hello, her crow.

I can't see how this would make somebody a slave of another being or even a subject.

The motivations of higher beings are to the greater good of all. (The problem of determining how "high" a being withstanding.) It's hard to define it as gain. Instead of thinking in terms of gain and loss these beings "think" in terms of how to serve the flow best. We're not talking about something scarce here, so there is nothing about it that needs be bought and sold or traded. It is not felt as loss or wasted work or onesided, but a service rendered upon all creation including oneself.

The consciousness of the symbols does not really come as a surprise. Everything in nonphysical reality has consciousness to a degree if you chose to perceive it as such, but not necessarily free will, the mark of human consciousness. So there are forms of consciousness that exist to fulfill a purpose, and some of them are based on the principle of cooperation.

The only thing to consider then is if the entity in question is highly evolved enough to be beyond abusing this power. I doubt any entity could keep this up without being in line with the intentions of the Source.

her crow
13th April 2012, 11:09 AM
The motivations of higher beings are to the greater good of all. [..] these beings "think" in terms of how to serve the flow best.
I am not arguing this, but then again - how do you know?

there are forms of consciousness that exist to fulfill a purpose, and some of them are based on the principle of cooperation.
yes, my speculation was that these symbols act as constructs that extend the being's influence directly into humans

consider if the entity in question is highly evolved enough to be beyond abusing this power. I doubt any entity could keep this up without being in line with the intentions of the Source.
exactly. as far as I know, there is no way to find out the objective truth, so it would be reasonable to assume that this entity MIGHT abuse its power, therefore one should really consider all the possibilities before becoming a Reiki practitioner.

In another forum a poster who claims to have great experience in a lot of metaphysical fields, told me (which I found provocative then) that the basis of Reiki was actually a demon.
I guess this depends on the terminology that different spirituality schools use. In any case, the similarities to a demonic entity are obvious, except Reiki operates with positive vibrations.

Korpo
13th April 2012, 12:58 PM
exactly. as far as I know, there is no way to find out the objective truth, so it would be reasonable to assume that this entity MIGHT abuse its power, therefore one should really consider all the possibilities before becoming a Reiki practitioner.

You didn't read my two sentences in context:

consider if the entity in question is highly evolved enough to be beyond abusing this power. I doubt any entity could keep this up without being in line with the intentions of the Source.

In other words I find it highly unlikely that an entity would be capable of giving much energy to people all over the world without being in line with the Source.

I am not arguing this, but then again - how do you know?

From my teachers. And in turn, what I've been taught I could very often validate in many ways by the results I got.

Neil Templar
13th April 2012, 01:40 PM
So, the evidence is all of a positive nature, yet the OP still manages to make assumptions about abuse of power and influencing others?
These are based on fear, of negative human traits.

CFTraveler
13th April 2012, 02:10 PM
Interesting thread- I think there is an underlying assumption that we are talking about an independent entity (a Higher Being) at the core, even if the symbols are constructs. Yet the framework described in the OP remind me of archetypal forces- conceptual descriptions of healing- physical and emotional, and an amplification thereof. It makes me wonder if the original founder of the system (which arguably would have been Usui Reiki?- I half-forgot his name) found a way to tap into archetypal energies for healing and formalized them with symbols.
Just a thought.

newfreedom
13th April 2012, 09:02 PM
Hi Her Crow,

Interesting post this and it does bring up questions

I myself am unable to access spirit with much depth, so i only know what others say, but check out this link about Reiki (http://www.soul-healer.com/where-do-reiki-universal-healing-energies-come-from-origins-source/)

....... interesting and slightly worrying take on things, don't you think ?

Korpo
14th April 2012, 06:13 PM
Hello, newfreedom.

I have trouble determining if the link is serious or satire.

newfreedom
14th April 2012, 06:59 PM
Hello, newfreedom.

I have trouble determining if the link is serious or satire.

:lol2: Yea me too sometimes...!

Korpo
14th April 2012, 07:36 PM
:lol: Okay then, glad I'm not the only one. :)

her crow
16th April 2012, 10:12 AM
You didn't read my two sentences in context: [..] In other words I find it highly unlikely that an entity would be capable of giving much energy to people all over the world without being in line with the Source.
Yes, I seem to have missed this. So what does it mean? Does the Source have a control mechanism that would prevent any being from abusing it? I must admit I know very little details about this concept. can you please elaborate on what exactly it means "to be in line with the Source"?

So, the evidence is all of a positive nature, yet the OP still manages to make assumptions about abuse of power and influencing others? These are based on fear, of negative human traits.
Exactly, fear is a negative trait, however it serves a specific purpose. I find that the most unobtrusive method of overpowering fear is through understanding the fearsome issue.

Korpo
16th April 2012, 11:29 AM
Hello, her crow.

I believe that there is a set of higher selves, all the way up to the Source. In this way every living being is connected to the Source through its own nature, and all life force is filtered through that connection to the Source.

This supply is at its fullest when we live from a set of values and beliefs that is in line with the intentions of the Source itself for all of its creation. Finding out what this intention is and how to live from it has become a central point in my own spiritual journey. Free will makes it possible to resist living from this intention. But the more one entity does this, the more it locks itself out from its higher selves, and also from direct flow of energy from the Source.

So, from my perspective, spiritual growth is unlocking these higher selves through aligning oneself with the Source's plan for its creation, and spiritual stagnation is locking oneself out from these higher selves by ignoring or resisting this plan.

From my point of view an entity that can freely distribute such energies would need to be closer to Source than I would expect of any negative entities or power-hungry beings to be possible to ascend. The global scale at which Reiki is available would for me be an indication that it is basically benign in nature because of the vast quantities of energy involved.

I find that the most unobtrusive method of overpowering fear is through understanding the fearsome issue.

I fully agree. :)

her crow
16th April 2012, 11:58 AM
thank you for the insight, Korpo. I really appreciate it.

I had an idea while thinking about it - let's assume an unlikely situation where a Reiki practitioner wants to stop practicing (the reason is not important in this case), remove the symbol constructs from his aura, and stop any kind of contact with these energies.

what would this higher being do then?

if the being respects the practitioner, all is well. however, if the being decides that this particular practitioner is too valuable, could he change the practitioner's mind without him realising it? technically it would not be such a 'bad' deed, because the practitioner would keep spreading the love and healing (which we may assume is part of the plan of the Source).

P.S. I hope I am not overthinking this.

Korpo
16th April 2012, 08:34 PM
Hello, her crow.

The end does not justify the means when it comes to violating free will. A higher being would respect the practitioner's decision, at least this is what I would expect.

This doesn't exclude the possibility that the practitioner might be encouraged to resume his or her practice if it is beneficial. But this would be along the lines of incentive and discouragement rather than forcing the mind of the practitioner. And even then the reaction is still choice of the practitioner, if you allow yourself to be encouraged or discouraged by whatever comes your way.

(I would actually be more complicated than that, I would expect, depending on what is for the greater good of the practioner (and her or his learning and lessons) and for the greater good of his or her patients. It's not as clear-cut, but that would probably be beyond what we can still figure out.)

Free will means we are allowed to chose our own course of action. Higher beings respect that freedom to a very high degree. It also comes at a price in that the consequences of one's actions (karma = action, or law of action or law of cause and effect) must also be borne.

This should by no means imply that I think discontinuing Reiki would be something incurring bad consequences. I simply cannot say or even remotely answer this for all possible scenarios. What I am saying is this: Every action has consequences, and, while allowing for circumstance, the consequences impact the actor sooner or later. Responsibility and free will are two sides of the same coin, and karmic law ties them together.

Archimedes
20th April 2012, 12:51 AM
Interesting thread- I think there is an underlying assumption that we are talking about an independent entity (a Higher Being) at the core, even if the symbols are constructs. Yet the framework described in the OP remind me of archetypal forces- conceptual descriptions of healing- physical and emotional, and an amplification thereof. It makes me wonder if the original founder of the system (which arguably would have been Usui Reiki?- I half-forgot his name) found a way to tap into archetypal energies for healing and formalized them with symbols.
Just a thought.
I agree with this, Mr. Usui was actually on a 21 day Buddhist boot came and was in deep meditation when he was shown or realized a healing modality "reiki". This is no different then a spirit guide guiding.

CFTraveler
20th April 2012, 01:40 PM
I wanted to make a comment (and this is my personal opinion here) but the website that was quoted for this theme seemed to have an agenda- not necessarily a religious agenda, but I got the distinct impression that the goal was to try to dissuade any type of energy healing, and it seemed to be based on a literalist interpretation of the message of the Emerald Tablets (as above so below and as below so above). It was almost saying 'don't ever try to help anyone because since we perceive evil in this world that must mean that evil exists in the other side and that's the side that wants to help.' Did anyone else get this impression?

Korpo
20th April 2012, 03:44 PM
I thought it was pretty paranoid.

However, I rather felt it like "My brand thereof is fine, everybody else is just clueless."

Neil Templar
20th April 2012, 04:40 PM
I thought it was pretty paranoid.

However, I rather felt it like "My brand thereof is fine, everybody else is just clueless."

Yep. Paranoid is the right word.
Each link it presented led to another page on the same site. Lots of apparent facts, backed up by nothing but more apparent facts, all going round in circles, leading back inwards to the same source, which had nothing but theoretical ideas to present...

Just like a paranoid delusion will back itself up with imagined facts, and find ways of convincing itself of it's validity, without referencing any real or observed facts.

newfreedom
20th April 2012, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the comments about the Soul-healer website, very interesting....

Having been a client of Clive Hetherington (author of the website page i gave) for many years, i feel i am sort of coming from a different direction, than anyone else, who has not not worked with the WholeSoulwork method and Clive himself (i would like to add here, different and not better) so it's interesting for me to hear/ read what others say, because i have never heard others opinions in this way.

i had to look up the word theorectical to see what it means, this implies theory, but i would say Clive's work and writing comes from experience, some of this experience i know to be truthful, because i was there and it was happening to me in some of the cases.

Clive does give real examples on his site too, but maybe not this actual page. As for other things he writes as far as i know this comes from his own direct experience with spirit and the subtle energetic realms, not something one can prove to another with 'real' facts Neil

I have to agree with you there Korpo, that IS pretty much what he says

Yes, WholeSoulwork does have an agenda, like everything i guess, if i had to say what the agenda of WSW was i would say, firstly it's about 'becoming as issue free as possible and improving the living experience of us here as humans and all our others parts on other levels and other multiverses' this is how i would desribe it..

Also that WSW is FOR everyone, meaning it really does want to improve things for all, everyone and everything...

I guess this seemingly does not come across with his writing then ?

His writing, in and of itself, probably has it's own agenda....

Anyway thankyou again for your opinions, i think you guys are great, and even though these comments are not giving seemingly 'glorious reports' i nevertheless appreciate and value them ...:-)xX

her crow
23rd April 2012, 09:25 AM
I wish to thank everyone for input thus far.

One last thing to consider - the heart strobe method. Robert Bruce was convinced that it's as good as (if not better) than Reiki as well as or many other healing methods, so I decided to give it a try. After spending some time to understand the simple mechanics behind it, I must admit it is a very potent tool, and it does not involve any connections to intermediary entities.

So, taking everything into account, what would YOU choose - heart strobe method or reiki?

Neil Templar
23rd April 2012, 10:33 PM
I wish to thank everyone for input thus far.

One last thing to consider - the heart strobe method. Robert Bruce was convinced that it's as good as (if not better) than Reiki as well as or many other healing methods, so I decided to give it a try. After spending some time to understand the simple mechanics behind it, I must admit it is a very potent tool, and it does not involve any connections to intermediary entities.

So, taking everything into account, what would YOU choose - heart strobe method or reiki?

It's been a long time since i read Robert's work, i'm unfamiliar with the heart strobe method. Is this for self-healing only, or can it be used to help others?

CFTraveler
24th April 2012, 02:18 AM
It's been a long time since i read Robert's work, i'm unfamiliar with the heart strobe method. Is this for self-healing only, or can it be used to help others?
Here you go: http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/content.php?225-Heart-Center-Healing
The strobe method is the more involved method of Heart Healing.

PauliEffect
15th May 2012, 11:33 AM
. . . ...it would be reasonable to assume that this entity MIGHT abuse its power, therefore one should really consider all the possibilities before becoming a Reiki practitioner.

The President of the US and the Pope have abused their powers, so why not?

A sort of Christianity thinking, is that all other religions or beliefs are the
work of the Devil, but exactly what kind of demon was assumed in Reiki?
I think a Japanese view on a demon is quite different from a western view,
you may get help from a demon if you're in great need. Or if the demon is
in great need, you may help it.

As Buhlman says, we live in a fear based society. Question is, who created it?

Korpo
16th May 2012, 12:26 PM
The President of the US and the Pope have abused their powers, so why not?

Neither of them qualify in my opinion as a real source of moral authority. They just hold offices of power which says nothing about their actual spiritual status. On the other hand, in nonphysical reality, you cannot simply access the really high planes while not living up to it. No such test exists for attaining an office.

ButterflyWoman
26th January 2013, 06:30 AM
For whatever reason: http://www.soul-healer.com/problems-presenting-deeper-larger-subtle-spiritual-healing-understandings-insights-experiences/

Don't know why they didn't come here and engage the people participating in this thread directly. That's all I'm going to say on the matter, but I thought some folks here might be interested.

MaryAnn
28th January 2013, 10:55 PM
I think it's possible that the symbols themselves are a consciousness that manifested as those symbols because of whom the consciousness was connected to when it was accessed. (I'm 2nd degree Reiki, only.)
MA

John Sorensen
8th March 2014, 09:04 AM
I wanted to make a comment (and this is my personal opinion here) but the website that was quoted for this theme seemed to have an agenda- not necessarily a religious agenda, but I got the distinct impression that the goal was to try to dissuade any type of energy healing, and it seemed to be based on a literalist interpretation of the message of the Emerald Tablets (as above so below and as below so above). It was almost saying 'don't ever try to help anyone because since we perceive evil in this world that must mean that evil exists in the other side and that's the side that wants to help.' Did anyone else get this impression?

"A whole raft of past healing energies (15,000 accumulated energy forms) used to attempt to contain, counteract or negate the energetic frequencies of depression that as an unfortunate side effect are often responsible for weight gain."

Any website claiming that people are getting fat because of energy healers or bad vibes seems to be a little bit Alice in Wonderland for my tastes. Still, I got a cheap laugh out of it. The writing there is really incoherent and unstable, manic even imo.

Just wanted to add a couple of things here:

In Vianna Stibal's books "Theta Healing" and "Advanced Theta Healing" she talks about the different planes of existence. She recommends ALWAYS using the plane of All That Is, and not any of the lower planes with various other entities, who may or may not have an agenda. She says, why gamble with it when there is an unlimited Source that is the most effective healer of anything?

**sidebar:Something to consider (without getting paranoid like Dan Ackroyd in Ghostbusters in the library scene):
Every entity in existence, be they physical or non-physical, has FREE WILL, it would erroneous to assume just because an entity is non-physical that they are more spiritually evolved or more "good" than a physically based entity. If All That Is stepped in a as a cosmic judge and said "stop being evil over here, that's just naughty" well then that would be negating free will.

How I see it is thus, take energy, for example electricity - you can harness it and run hospitals and equipment and give medical care etc with the power it provides. Or you can take one of those sick patients from the hospital, stick them in an electric chair and ZAP! Not very nice really.

But the electricity does not care, it's just a neutral energy. One might say it has patterns, waves and intelligence, but it GOES where it is directed, by whatever intelligence directs it, what the agenda of that intelligence is, is up to us to discriminate, if we are unsure, why bother with it? Better to be around those that you trust, than those that you do not, how well will you heal if you DOUBT the healer or their source?**

Vianna also states that it is NOT her that does the healing, she is just the conduit for the healing energy of All That Is. I may be wrong, but I imagine when people do instant healing (such as the video on Greg Braden's Youtube channel where asian energy healers make "inoperable cancer tumours" disappear in 2 minutes, in real time with medical equipment showing the diagnostic

(I forget what they call them, Ultrasound?, real time imaging anyway) - I imagine this sort of healing would be utilising the healing energy of All That Is, but I may be wrong, I only started reading about energy medicine about a year ago, and I practice Quantum touch 2.0 by Richard Gordon daily on myself, with good results so far. I have also intermittently used the techniques outlined in Theta Healing by Vianna Stibal.

What I like about those two books is that they teach techniques that anyone can use, none of this 5 year course bull♥♥♥♥, or charging people thousands of dollars to learn natural abilities, no hocus pocus or new age quackery, just RESULTS.

You can learn the basic techniques in 5-10 minutes, and then it's a matter of practice practice practice.