PDA

View Full Version : Hands on healing on my cat?

AstralCody
18th April 2012, 04:37 AM
I'm going to have to try when she is not hyper! haha.

She was jumping earlier today and jumped in between me and this chair. Somehow she got stuck and her leg bent in a really bad way. She made a terrible sound. She wouldn't walk on it for a while. She started purring again though shortly after and she is walking on it now.

I notice when I hold one of her toys in the air she will no longer jump to get it. She will try to stand on her hind legs but makes a meow sound. I can tell it hurts for her to do that.

I'm monitoring her very close but she seems very happy and is getting around okay but it is hard for her to jump. I just read a chapter in Robert Bruces book Evolution on healing.

Do you think the hands on healing would be a good start? I need practice and I think doing it on my cat should be a great start.

Any tips?

her crow
18th April 2012, 09:23 AM
of course you can use hands on healing on your pet, if you can make him sit still :D well, you might use a moment when the cat is sleeping in your lap. actually animals are very sensitive about energetic movements, so you have to be gentle and careful.

AstralCody
18th April 2012, 10:12 AM
Hey thanks crow. :D I am going to give it a shot and post back the results very soon.

CFTraveler
18th April 2012, 02:07 PM
I think the first thing to do is take her to the vet, and then think about energy healing.

ButterflyWoman
18th April 2012, 02:48 PM
First: I agree with CFT about the vet. Sensible precaution. Even if it seems the cat is doing okay, there might be some damage that only a vet would recognise. I wouldn't risk my cat's well-being on a healing technique with which I'm unfamiliar and which I've never tried before (note that I'm NOT saying that energy healing can't or won't work, etc., only that I know that a vet is an expert in healing cats, and I'm not).

That being said, I also wanted to mention that cats purr not only when they're happy/contented, but also when they're in pain or distress of some sort. It's not really known why they do this. Some researchers speculate that it's just a way by which a cat calms itself, i.e., "I purr when I'm happy, and I want to be happy, so I'll purr". Some more experimental researchers have speculated that the frequences in a cat's purr (which are always the same, no matter the size or breed of cat) might trigger the release of hormones in the brain, things like growth hormone or endorphins for pain, etc.). The point is, you shouldn't assume that a purring cat is a happy cat. It's not always the case.

And all THAT being said, I thing gentle energy movement/touching might indeed be healing, but I'd use that as complementary to the vet, rather than a first resort. Positive intent and moving the energy to your hands while stroking the cat might help, for example.

AstralCody
18th April 2012, 09:07 PM
I totally forgot to mention the vet, and I will be taking her. I just spaced it out in my topic! Thank you all so much for the replies.

CFTraveler
18th April 2012, 10:51 PM
Well, as a cat mommy myself, I felt I had to mention it. :love:

AstralCody
19th April 2012, 02:29 AM
CFT I hear ya.:D She is a number 1 priority. I live by myself so she always brings a smile to my face. She just loves people. Always waiting for me when I get home. She's doing alot better too.

ButterflyWoman
19th April 2012, 04:47 AM
I'm glad to hear she's doing better. Nothing worse than an unhappy cat, I think. ;)

AstralCody
19th April 2012, 07:00 AM
Haha :D