PDA

View Full Version : How to stop tensing up on a falling sensation?

AstralCody
19th April 2012, 03:50 AM
I can get a falling sensation everytime I meditate now. The problem is I seem to tense up (not to much) but enough to stop me from going any further. I can hold it for about 4 seconds and start hearing ringing in my head.

The blackness in front of me goes from black to a little lighter but all subsides after about 4 seconds. Is it because I am tensing up to much? I am not scared to have an OBE. I do get excited but I am controlling it alot better than I used to.

My clairaudence REALLY kicks in sometimes when I meditate as well.

It just seems like everytime I get this sensation now it subsides. I thought about trying a binereal beat, what do you think?

-Cody

CFTraveler
19th April 2012, 01:49 PM
I can get a falling sensation everytime I meditate now. The problem is I seem to tense up (not to much) but enough to stop me from going any further. I can hold it for about 4 seconds and start hearing ringing in my head. So do I and it's a good thing- if you concentrate on the ringing, get lost in it, you go further. If you feel the tension then imagine you're butter, and are melting, and then go back to whatever you were doing.

The blackness in front of me goes from black to a little lighter but all subsides after about 4 seconds. Is it because I am tensing up to much? I am not scared to have an OBE. I do get excited but I am controlling it alot better than I used to. The color of the blackness (or the colors you may see) is irrelevant- the only thing that matters is if the blackness all of a sudden acquires dimensionality (as if you were in the middle of this space) then you know you are transitioning. But other things can happen- pictures, flashes of light or color, even cartoons. Anything.

My clairaudence REALLY kicks in sometimes when I meditate as well. Which is good, just an indicator that you are going in.

It just seems like everytime I get this sensation now it subsides. Consciousness is fluid and dynamic, and everything changes. You're there to observe and enjoy, don't sweat the small stuff. If you're watching a TV show, do you sweat if there's only 15 minutes left of the show? No, you watch it. Think of this as your 'inner observation', your experiment. You're not there to make something happen, you're there to see what happens. And then, if you think you're ready for takeoff, then you make something happen.

I thought about trying a binereal beat, what do you think? Binaural beats are fabulous for inducing trance states, and are wonderful because they teach you what trance feels like. So if you want to, please do- but they won't make you have an OBE, except for very specific circumstances, and not every time.

AstralCody
19th April 2012, 11:16 PM
CFT thank you so much for the reply!

I think I am going to give a binaural beat a try. I don't necessarily want an OBE each and everytime when I meditate. I just want a good experience. To have sensations like this everytime means alot to me too because I know I am getting alot further. I will shoot for OBE's in the early morning, and even then I don't try TOO hard because it seems to kill it everytime. If I have high intentions usually I will get the sensations fairly quick and can go from there.

Good stuff. Cheers. :-)
-Cody

heliac
20th April 2012, 04:15 AM
About tensing up. I like the analogy that is used comparing the intensity of the falling sensations prior to exit to like riding a roller coaster. At first, the falling sensations can instinctively have you believe that what is happening is more scary than it actually should be.

When you convince yourself that you are perfectly safe, it is easier to let go and enjoy the ride. If you can let go, the falling sensations can start to become a part of an exciting and fun process. OBE is so much more safer than something like riding a rollercoaster, but the falling sensation can pretty much be the same thing.

If you like things like rollercoasters you can take a trip to an amusement park and ride a few and when you get the dropping sensation make sure you let completely go and yell out a fun, joyful yell. Then next time you have an obe keep that fun experience from riding the rollercoaster in mind and enjoy the OBE exit too :)

SiriusTraveler
20th April 2012, 06:31 AM
I can say that binaurals has worked charms for me, now everytime I try to induce trance with binaurals I make it.