PDA

View Full Version : The best advice you can give?

9th May 2006, 03:31 AM
I was thinking earlier and since there is so many wise people on this site who have been through so many diffrent experiences and have got something special out of it.

What is the beast advice you could give anyone just about life?

9th May 2006, 04:14 AM
Live, Love, Laugh :lol: Your signature seems awfully wise to me. :D

sash
9th May 2006, 04:46 AM
Be present.

Krystal
9th May 2006, 12:20 PM
Don't take yourself so seriously that you can't laugh at yourself...

Wolf_Thor
11th May 2006, 02:43 AM
Every small, tiny bit of progress counts. It all adds up to something significant. The key is persistence.
Also, related to that: everything grows with focused attention. Often you'll experience things that are so subtle and vague that you'll doubt their validity. You have to trust yourself.

CFTraveler
11th May 2006, 12:57 PM
I don't feel wise, but thanks anyway- About the only thing I could say is: No matter what others tell you, you're a perfect child of God, so good is what you are.

Rayson
12th May 2006, 05:45 PM
I'd add to Alex's that the happiness aimed for should be the happiness of both yourself and for others, but as you are the closest and most direct influence to yourself, the balance to achieve usually involves spending a bit more time making yourself happy.

12th May 2006, 07:00 PM
We are human BEings not human DOings!

Athelstone
12th May 2006, 09:11 PM
Always remember that everything and anything is possible. The biggest illusion of our time is that human beings have limitations. The only barriers are the ones that we impose upon ourselves. Be the idealist of your time.

A shining light - Inspiration. Follow your heart and dreams. The barriers then fall away. That light within you wants to be recognized. It wants to be released. Take that light and shine. Everything then becomes a possibility - a reality.

13th May 2006, 03:32 AM
all really good advice

Celeborn
13th May 2006, 05:47 PM
Just breath. Deep and slow.

Wolf_Thor
14th May 2006, 10:19 AM

That's a big one! And so simple.

15th May 2006, 02:45 AM

Why what does it do for you?

Beekeeper
15th May 2006, 11:11 AM
Couldn't resist, Brett, it stops you from dying, of course!

My advice is to forgive as much as you can both others and yourself.

Also, I think, it's always helpful if you can differentiate what you've experienced as real from what you merely believe. :P

Celeborn
15th May 2006, 01:32 PM

On the technical side: Most people do not breathe properly, and so their health is adversely affected. By breathing deep and slow from your abdomen you oxygenate your blood, increase you circulation, strengthen your heart and lungs, massage your internal organs, etc. All of this serves to make you healthier and live longer.

On the energetic side: By placing your attention on the breath it strengthens your focus and helps you to control your energy flow.

On the mental side: It clears your mind, calms your emotions, and helps you to deal with whatever situation may arise without becoming upset or stressed.

As in the example of Zen meditation, it can take many many years to learn how to breathe smoothly, and effectively, but when you do, everything in your life seems to work out as you live in the moment.

Beekeeper
17th May 2006, 04:09 AM
Apologies Celeborn, immature of me. Good post. :wink:

Wolf_Thor
17th May 2006, 08:38 AM
Apologies Celeborn, immature of me. Good post. :wink:

I thought it was rather funny actually. :D

Wolf_Thor
17th May 2006, 08:53 AM

To give a very simple answer, based on my experience, breath control/mastery is at the core of all spiritual practice.

Celeborn
17th May 2006, 03:28 PM
To give a very simple answer, based on my experience, breath control/mastery is at the core of all spiritual practice.

Its funny how the simple answer always seems so much better on retrospect.

And besides, Beekeeper is totally right. We can go a month or more without food, a week without sleep, 4 or 5 days without water, but only a few minutes without air.
Seeing as how all spiritual practice is just about taking something mundane and learing how it can be divine; breathing, which is the most basic and fundimental thing that we do, should also naturally be wonderfully profound.

Stiehl
2nd June 2006, 08:32 PM
You should do all you can to help others, because it will help you more than anything else.
You should never doubt those close to you.
You should accept everyone and help them as best you can.
If you feel you have no meaning or reason in life, you must make one.
You should never be something your not. You are the best thing you can be.

I should have more coming later. Sorry I can't get it all in one post.

EDEN
4th June 2006, 04:41 PM
look within for advice

Stiehl
6th June 2006, 09:08 PM
'Look within for advice' I like that. That's very good!

Blue Mage
10th June 2006, 10:49 AM
The other day I read, "The science of making money", and they had a point I had never seen before, yet is so useful and uplifting: Live to create, instead of to compete. For example, if starting a business, try to give the consumers something they don't have, instead of looking for ways to run the other guys out of business.

10th June 2006, 04:20 PM
i like that one

Osiris
13th June 2006, 10:48 PM
Give without asking.
Love without regard.
Dream without compromise.
Forgive without regret.

man68
16th June 2006, 04:13 AM
Believe in yourself