PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

ohthatjoshie
29th April 2012, 03:52 PM
Hey everybody!

My name is Josh, I'm 22 and another newbie to the forum. I was born in Alabama but have lived in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA since I was 2 so that's where I say is my hometown. I currently am finishing my second to last semester at the University of New Mexico here in Buque, which I am completely stoked about since next semester is going to be a piece of cake compared to this last one. I will graduate in December with a degree in psychology and philosophy. I'm glad next semester will be easy because it will give me more time to work on AP as well as continue learning about Shaolin kung-fu, my two favorite hobbies. I also enjoy watching NBA basketball and have been really enjoying the National Hockey League Stanley Cup Playoffs too (more of a guilty pleasure I guess you could say haha). I also enjoy trance music, great stuff.

I'm extremely interested in the "deeper" side of life, the bigger questions, the ones most people shy away from. I love talking about questions of epistemology, philosophy of mind, perception, reality, metaphysics, string theory/m theory, and the list goes on and on. I was starting to wonder if there was anyone out there to talk to about this stuff. Glad I found this forum (I hadn't realized there was one having only surfed the site on my crappy phone internet lol).

I've been doing energy work and trance practice for a year and a half now after discovering Robert's work around then, and just last week had my first projection, which actually turned out to be four different exits. I had spontaneous projections at times growing up but always yearned to do it of my own accord. After it happened last week, I've just been stoked out of my mind to continue learning and getting better at producing conscious OBEs. I'm looking forward to conversing with and learning from everyone.

CFTraveler
29th April 2012, 08:42 PM
Welcome to the forums, Josh. For some reason I thought I had already said hi, but now I'm not sure.

ohthatjoshie
29th April 2012, 11:20 PM
You did for sure, but hello again! You gave me some good advice about my first obe that I appreciated, and being the first to do so did welcome me officially to the forum! How have things been for you lately?

CFTraveler
30th April 2012, 03:06 AM
Pretty busy, but the weekend was good.
Cheers! :D

greytraveller
30th April 2012, 04:49 PM
Greetings Josh and welcome.
So you managed your first conscious deliberate 'exit' recently yet have had many spontaneous OBEs before that. Actually that is not at all unusual. Many people had multiple uncontrolled exits before joining here and then, using Robert Bruce's system (or sometimes other methods) have had many deliberate and controlled OBEs.

Regards
Grey

ohthatjoshie
3rd May 2012, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the post Grey! Hope things have been well for you lately.
That's so crazy that some people kind of just "figure it out" but I guess it makes sense. Must be nice though haha.
I definitely remember at least 3 or 4 times (2x when falling asleep, 1-2 waking up) when I spontaneously projected. It was the weirdest thing to me at the time waking up by the ceiling in my room with everything looking sort of smaller and less significant, but it was really cool and I did try to reproduce it right after it happened consciously (with no success). Then I heard Robert a while back on the Coast to Coast AM radio show and when he talked about OBEs it made intuitive sense, especially with the previous experiences I had. Definitely stoked on finally achieving a conscious OBE