PDA

View Full Version : Stones, Crystals, Gemstones

Lostspirit
10th May 2012, 05:08 AM
Is it possible if i could aquire stones with A List of qualities associated with it, that eventually i could go through enough stones to attain enlightenment? Or would the qualities overlap each other?

ButterflyWoman
10th May 2012, 05:34 AM
You can acquire stones with a list of qualities. First find out which qualities are associated with which stones (lots of books and things on the internet on that topic) and then acquire the stones.

I've got a whole collection of stones of all sorts. I don't dispute that people gain value from handling and otherwise using stones for various purposes, and, if nothing else, they're beautiful objects that can remind us of the simple beauty of Creation, which is always a valuable reminder.

Spiritual awakening is about Consciousness waking up to Itself. It is initiated by Consciousness, because Consciousness (Self, God, Awareness, Brahman, whatever) wants to know Itself. There's no reason why having one or another crystal would greatly facilitate the process of ego-reduction (which is actually what happens; the ego-self is decreased and made transparent or translucent, so that Self can see Itself).

And, given the forum you put this in (Manifestation), I'm also going to say that I've never found any correlation between having one or another stone and increased or improved manifestation, though I have, indeed, manifested plenty of stones, meaning that stones came to me by interesting and sometimes unusual or unexpected means. As a collector, there are certain stones I've set my intention on having, and eventually, they'd always turn up...

her crow
10th May 2012, 10:50 AM
you will not find enlightenment in the stones alone. precious stones have various magnetic qualities which have a possibility to influence some aspects of your energy, and in my experience they rarely conflict with each other.

however the actual enlightenment will come from understanding and love. learn all you can about spirituality and pursue you own calling, and one day you will get to that enlightening point :)

thedevil
16th May 2012, 04:00 PM
Also you can just use your feeling/intuition to find the right stone for you. And if for some reason you find out later that you grow tired of that stone, then take it to a spritual place (like a stream or river in nature or a zen garden) and leave it there and pick another that is right for you. I usually prefer this method but also am fascinated and love to learn about all of the different properties :) Otherwise I agree with the above comments, except:

you will not find enlightenment in the stones alone. precious stones have various magnetic qualities which have a possibility to influence some aspects of your energy, and in my experience they rarely conflict with each other.

I don't believe it's impossible, just unlikely. But then that might lead to a discussion about how to define enlightenment. I define it as a state of being where you achieve a sort of heightened state of awareness, health, love, feeling, knowledge, etc...

however the actual enlightenment will come from understanding and love. learn all you can about spirituality and pursue you own calling, and one day you will get to that enlightening point :)

:)