PDA

View Full Version : ...Help?

loe357
11th May 2012, 10:46 PM
Okay, so i mostly have registered because i need help with something..but have found little to no answers. I would like to astral project, and almost have a couple of times. I did a little bit more research and found out that there are dangers as well..for example parasites. People say they're easy to fight off and what but i dont get that feeling. That is my worst fear. Also, the side effects as well. I read somewhere that there are indeed side effects, though there really is no proof. One of them happen to be loss of realitly or something of that sort, along with addiction to it. Another had to be with the brain and forgetting things more often. I'm 14 and most would say we do it every night, but it still doesn't comfort me much. So help? Sugggestions?

CFTraveler
12th May 2012, 02:39 AM
Okay, so i mostly have registered because i need help with something..but have found little to no answers. Welcome to the forums loe 357. As the mother of a 15 year old I have some questions for you.

I would like to astral project, and almost have a couple of times. Why? I know there are many reasons for this, but at your age, I have to ask why. Is it the novelty? A desire to 'know' more about what life is all about? Even though most of the problems that you have quoted are simply not really true (and I'll get into it right away) there are dangers if you are not mature enough for this.

I did a little bit more research and found out that there are dangers as well..for example parasites. Parasites have nothing to do with Astral Projection, and other negative entities that attach to people don't do it because they are projecting- the reasons are other, and most of the people that report those problems either haven't ever projected consciously, or can't even do it because of their negative entity problems.

I read somewhere that there are indeed side effects, though there really is no proof. One of them happen to be loss of reality or something of that sort, along with addiction to it. Another had to be with the brain and forgetting things more often. I'm 14 and most would say we do it every night, but it still doesn't comfort me much. So help? Suggestions? Most of the things you have quoted sound like alarmist bunk coming from groups wanting to dissuade people from meditation and self exploration- the only danger when it comes to this is the possibility that if you have some sort of tendency towards instability (being schizophrenia, psychosis, or any other mental problem or anything of the sort) that 'lifting the veil' may bring out these conditions. Because when you practice projection, you most definitely lift the veil, not only to 'what's out there', but also to what's in your subconscious, and this can be worse than anything, especially if you watch a lot of scary movies- lots of things stored away in your subconscious ready to come out and be experienced objectively.
As for 'becoming addicted to it', that's ridiculous- it's like 'becoming addicted to reading, thinking, or dreaming'- anything is addictive if you have an addictive personality, and frankly, I think it's too difficult for someone who is trying to escape reality. Most of society's addiction problems have to do with things that are easy or that give 'instant gratification', and projection is not one of those things.

I really recommend that you study the subject thoroughly from trusted sources (go to the main site here and read Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics book, I believe he has it available in pdf for free, but I'm not sure where) before you decide whether you want to continue in this path.

SoulSail
12th May 2012, 02:55 AM
Hello loe,

First, welcome to the forum.

I trust you'll find some good answers here, but before I offer my two cents, I'm curious what books or texts you've read on Astral Projection. One of the critical first steps in learning how to project is dealing squarely with any ignorance on the topic, especially your fears. In short, you must take time to educate yourself on what's really "out there" as opposed to what your friends say, what you read on some random Web site, or what your Pastor says is out there, etc. You get my point. I don't know what your background or story is, but you want to drop, right now, all the mental junk that naturally flows from not knowing. Replace the holes in your understanding with informed wisdom from folks who've been doing this for some time. You'll likely get very good follow-ups to this post.

Now, if you jump ahead before adequately putting your fears to bed, you just may find the mental energy you've been investing in those fears creating and coloring your experiences "out there." Astral planes are extremely thought sensitive, some more than others. Let's say you manage to project, but you've got all these worries bundled up, still working their way around your head, well, don't be surprised if they suddenly unbundle around you and you're the next guy telling others how astral travel is dangerous and to be avoided while you're wondering if you still have parasites on your energy body.

The fact is that the "dangers" you will eventually encounter on the Astral Planes have more in common with you, and more to do with you, than you may suppose. I know a handful of people with horror stories about their initial projections (they didn't do their homework), and for some those horrors kept them from ever trying again. That's too bad. A little education and time spent working through personal issues would've gone a long way. There is always a price to be paid for jumping the gun or listening and trusting people with skewed perspectives.

Also, the list of dangers and side-effects you listed reminds me of the old wives tales passed around to keep people in a moral line.

So do your homework and please read as much as you can before embarking on a journey you're not sure about. Take your time. There is no rush, and given your age, I highly recommend you just put this on the shelf for now. The physical plane has all kinds of wonders to offer you before you get zipping off to other places...

Soul

greytraveller
12th May 2012, 07:16 PM
Greetings loe357 and welcome.
Although there Is a possibility of having encounters with hostile and malevolent beings while out of body these are rare occurrences. Most OBEs are pleasant and positive experiences. And CFTraveler is correct as parasites are Not a problem when out of body. The Fear barrier is usually the biggest obstacle to going out of body. If you can get past that fear of the unknown then it Will be possible for you to have that first OBE..

Regards
Grey