PDA

View Full Version : Copy of YOUR thought on reincarnation

AstralCody
18th May 2012, 04:07 AM
Gday Mr. Bruce.

What are your thoughts on reincarnation?

A big fear of mine is that at some point when I leave this physical world, my personality will diminish. I ALWAYS want to have my personality, and keep in touch with my loved ones the way we all are now but be able to go to different planes etc.

Do you HAVE to reincarnate? Will I always be me and keep my memories?

CFTraveler
18th May 2012, 02:27 PM
He answers your question on the first link, and adds more info on the rest of them.
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/content.php?307-Is-There-an-Afterlife-and-What-Happens
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/content.php?313-Reincarnation
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/content.php?339-Multiple-Reincarnations-in-Non-Linear-Time
I didn't just move the original just in case he wants to answer directly and more succinctly.

AstralCody
18th May 2012, 07:49 PM
CFT thank you.... Just to clarify.. it's voluntary to come back here? Not a thing that WILL happen and you have no control over. I do understand the whole learning experience and coming back here to learn etc. But, to me why have your memories washed coming back here to this place... and be all confused over and over again. And be stuck in religion etc. Or... would I come back more advanced from my past life? I'll keep reading but I am going to see the new movie battleship :)

CFTraveler
18th May 2012, 09:30 PM
Enjoy. Let us know how it was, we may go see it.

I'm not speaking for Robert (after all, this is only a copy of the original) but as far as I know there are two parts of you- the temporal you and the Higher You. The higher you doesn't forget anything (the memories are not accessible to the temporal you, except for whatever the 'Higher You' allows you to know for your own benefit). If this is voluntary (and I think that to some extent it is, unlike many other authors) then there has to be a reason (or I suppose there'd have to be a reason) and I imagine that it would be similar to the same reason you read a book you haven't read before, as opposed to one you have- it would be no fun at all.
Or something like that.

SoulSail
19th May 2012, 12:25 AM
Hey AstralCody,

You'll find that I'm the guy that always recommends books. And I recommend this one here, as it deals with your questions in considerable detail (Seth Speaks is good as well):

http://www.amazon.com/Eyes-Of-An-Angel-Reality/dp/1571744290/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337386730&sr=8-1

It's not my favorite OBE journey account, but the conversations the author had with his spirit guide ring true with me--that we do in fact choose our assignments here and all over space and time and eternity. It's all up to us. How often we come back is a factor of how we're developing and how we opt to be extensions of God, who is experiencing itself in infinite forms through each one.

I'll cut short here, I could go on and on.

Soul

Moogie
19th May 2012, 12:59 AM
This is a topic that I spend a lot of time thinking about. Thx for the links.

AstralCody
19th May 2012, 01:02 AM
CFT- Go see battleship. My favorite movie of the year by far. It kept me on the edge of my seat, it was great! I was anxious, but I got to sit at the very top where there were not many people. I enjoyed it alot. :-)

Soul- That helped a BUNCH just with what you said. I appreciate it so much.
-Cody

ButterflyWoman
19th May 2012, 01:09 AM
My view is similar to Robert's, in that as there is actually no such thing as time, it's not a matter of "reincarnation" so much as "multi-incarnation", all simultaneously. I'd go a step farther and assert that all of the multitude of incarnations and variations of incarnations in multiple timelines and possible timelines and what-have-you are actually all one and the same Self.

SoulSail
19th May 2012, 01:14 AM
I'd go a step farther and assert that all of the multitude of incarnations and variations of incarnations in multiple timelines and possible timelines and what-have-you are actually all one and the same Self.

Exactly.

I like how concisely you've put it. I must print that up as it cleared away extraneous clutter in my head.

Soul

AstralCody
19th May 2012, 08:49 AM
Gash you all state this so well. I have such a hard time grasping these things...

I guess my biggest question is... No matter where I go after this... Will I always be me? I don't want to lose my traits and the people I love. Will there always be a connection there? I am really sorry about all the questions. I have such a hard time grasping this sometimes.

I may GROW spiritually etc and all of that yes, but to the core... will I always be me? I sure hope so... Nothing would be worse than coming back to this place starting all over again brainwashed. Memories will fade sure. Like they do now! memories when I was in school etc... I mean it's all in my subconscious but they really aren't great memories.

I just hope ALL my memories don't fade. Who I am... etc. I heard William Buhlman say you can come back here as a female or something. Why? Why would you want that? To experience it? I want to stay ME. I don't want to become another peroson... I hope this makes sense.

ALSO: I could always come back here to visit right? Just in non physical form? Just like when I am in the RTZ. (Everytime I have an OBE I end up in the RTZ)

ULTIMATE QUESTION: If I so choose... Do I have to come back here at all?

Edit: Re-read Roberts article. I liked that part that if you do decide to come back as a
foetus You still have " continuation of ones existing knowledge and personality" I really like that part. If I even decide to come back here. I see no reason why. Learn I suppose though... Consider it a tour of duty. I heard we are very brave for coming here.

Sinera
19th May 2012, 10:50 AM
I want to stay ME. I don't want to become another peroson... I hope this makes sense.
What is "Me" anyway? Imo, you do in fact come back as another person (meaning: human being / "ego"). We are multi-dimensional as well as multi-"person"-al beings. So the question is what do you define or identify with as "Me" or "Self" - the higher one or the incarnated ego/avatar you are using now for this experience? It seems your higher self is never lost. Neither seem the memories of every life it leads (every ego/avatar it forms) due to the principle of the Akashic records.

I could always come back here to visit right? Just in non physical form? Just like when I am in the RTZ.
You can possibly 'visit' this place as a 'spirit' again. The question is if you will be willing to do so then. Maybe you will in order to give your loved ones you (temporarily) left behind here a "sign of life" or you come back to work for others as a discarnate helper. Otherwise I assume you will be happy and busy 'over there' and do a lot of other things. Remember, this reality is just such a microscopic part of where you can be (and WHAT you can be) and where you can go.

ULTIMATE QUESTION: If I so choose... Do I have to come back here at all?
There is some 'evidence' that we choose to come here - how, when and why by ourselves, yes. We even plan it ahead to some degree (see links below on this). A lot of collected testimony written down in research literature dealing with past life and life-between-life-regressions points to this fact.

I also recommend a book since it is a standard work on life-between-life hypnotic regression. It is really worth reading as Mr. Newton did a great job on systematisation and categorisation, imo. Many who read it really like it, maybe you will, too:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Journey-Souls-Studies-Between-Lives/dp/1567184855/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337423016&sr=8-1

Here's an interview with him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QDT58Q6Zxo

I heard we are very brave for coming here.
Yes, I think we are very brave indeed, in a way. Buhlman also says this here... :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SACpJ3sJ3eI

Speaking of us as 'courageous souls' you might like this one, this author has a book out by the same name:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dy3XFeRUD8

You might also want to check on physicist and OBE expert T. Campbell and his experience with the afterlife 'process'(ing) taking place for most humans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v39EKUT2stc

Cheers,
Volgerle

ButterflyWoman
19th May 2012, 11:25 AM
Will I always be me?
The bigger, and more important question is: Who is this "me" you're worried about?

I don't want to lose my traits and the people I love.
Again we see it. "I-Me-Mine". Who is that, then?

Will there always be a connection there?
If there is no time and everything is really all ultimately the same, how can there fail to be a connection? Will my left foot always be my left foot, or might it start being someone else's foot at some point, do you think?

but to the core... will I always be me?
Find that core. What/who is it REALLY?

Do I have to come back here at all?
Again, all I can do is point at the moon. Don't look at the finger pointing, look at what it's pointing at. And the question remains, who is this "I" that goes or comes or does things, and what is it made of, ultimately? Find out who you really are and all these questions will be entirely moot.

AstralCody
19th May 2012, 08:14 PM
When I say "me" or "I" I mean my personality. I realize I am not my body. I want to keep my "Soul" (Consciousness) and my memories. I want to progress though, "Who I am, spirit" in other dimensions as well, but I don't want to lose memories and be brainwashed and come back here as another person to repeat the process. It just makes no sense to me.

CFTraveler
19th May 2012, 09:07 PM
Well, experience tells us that we forget most of what we experienced- most of us don't actively remember anything, some of us remember 'some' stuff- or so it appears.
As to 'personality', a lot of it is genetic, and some of it is environmental. So draw your own conclusions from experience.

I really don't want to remember if I died a horrible death when I was here last, or if I was abused, etc. But for example, although I love the look of Victorian houses, if I walk into a typical Victorian parlor (such as you see in movies, and even in museums) I get a nasty chill inside, and am secretly glad I don't remember what may have happened, and that I no longer 'live' there, at least in this incarnation.
I know this can be interpreted in many ways, but.... :shrug:

dreaming90
20th May 2012, 01:43 AM
Cody, are you familiar with Bruce Moen's Disk concept?

http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/vision.html

Also, in Ultimate Journey, Monroe encounters his Higher Self or Oversoul (he calls it I/There). It is a group of energy essences, each essence being the personality of Monroe's other incarnations. If you think of your Higher Self as a big stained glass window, you are a piece of that window-- a part of One Whole.

So, to answer your question, your personality will always exist. I think going through the Earth experience would be pointless if our personalities were erased. But as others have mentioned, the concept of "I" and "me" are largely illusory, as we are all part of One Source.

-asalantu-
20th May 2012, 01:56 AM
¡Hi, AstralCody!

Consider this thought line:

1 - You births. Your thoughts at first are rudimentary, only conceptual. Along your first years you mentally grows from almost nothing, adquiring elemental language notions. From a scratch language to more fluid, in about 3 years, approximately. That evolution allows you to become more able of to communicate your desires to your parents or tutors. You has, too, the first steps of concret thought, but no more.

2 - After 5 years, you goes to elementary level school. There teachers teach you how to understand (first) and express (one time first step is accomplished) in your birth country first language (¿english? ¿spanish? ¿french?). Too, teachers stimulates your first steps in mathematical thought. You thought refinement grows.

Once and again, your knowledge basis grows and refines and redefines. Too, that happens with your personality. At some time, you grows being able of to define and redefine, your relationships, friendships, ways to express love, first as gratitude to your parents/tutors, to your occasional girlfriend, first from an animalistic viewpoint, perhaps on a only sexual basis, neglecting any hint of purity feeling, but surely you more and more will find how spiritualy rewarding is to let evolve your feelings, let them to reach others like you or not (your country, mankind, nature, God).

Now, today, you AstralCody are an evolved adult with capabilities, rights and responsibilities, ¿¡really do you remembers and desires to live as a baby, or like a kid, or like a teenager, with (any the case) their lacking personalities!? or ¿you are happy of have to have let them as overcome step?

My best regards,
Ángel

ButterflyWoman
20th May 2012, 10:39 AM
When I say "me" or "I" I mean my personality. I realize I am not my body.
But you are your personality? Most people can easily grasp the idea that they are not their body. To get to where you can see that you are not your material "self" is trickier, but that's where you need to go. There's a paradox in that, but I don't think it would do any good to point it out, so I won't.

I want to keep my "Soul" (Consciousness) and my memories.
If everything is happening simultaneously (because time is an illusion, and that's not just metaphysics, it's physics!) how could anything go anywhere, ever? How could anything be lost? Or found? All of those concepts are tied to time.

It just makes no sense to me.
Ah. There you go. You're right. It DOESN'T make sense. So find another way to look at it. The questions you're asking actually don't yield any satisfying answers, but if you find the answers, you won't have any questions. (Ha. Paradox.)

And when I suggested you find your core, I didn't mean via posting in a forum. ;)