PDA

View Full Version : Rare and unnatural symptoms (In DESPERATE need of help)

Reav3R
21st May 2012, 10:34 AM
Hello,

I have been trying and practicing Astral Projection for about a year now without any success. I've read many books and tried many different methods but I don't know why, no matter what I do, I can't induce an Out of Body experience and neither me nor any member of my family (close relatives or far) had ANY experience even similar to OBEs.

Along the way I've conquered many different problems to get here but still I can't project. To be clear, I've never had any kind of fear and any trouble clearing my mind. In fact if I try I can completely focus my mind in a matter of seconds and I can achieve trance state quite fast and easily.

At first (before I read your perfect book) I didn't know what "Physical Relaxation" means and I usually ignored it, thinking it's only for those people who have problem with trance state or staying awake while body is asleep...But even after I learned and practiced Relaxation carefully from your book nothing changed. First I stretch my whole body then tense and relax each muscle independently from feat to head.

The problem I have is while I'm in trance state. I never encounter any projection symptoms documented in ANY book EXCEPT the buzzing sound which I'm almost hearing all the time. But beside that which is quite natural for me to hear, at best I feel VERY mild vibration for less than 5 seconds! And the ONLY time I've felt my heartbeat racing during practice was when I got quite excited because of external things and nothing special happened after that except feeling like crap.

Instead of encountering symptoms recorded in different media and books, I experience a set of quite different things. One of these things is the feeling of EXTREME itching (NOT tingling) all over my body that is VERY hard to tolerate. Sometimes even my leg jumps up automatically because of this feeling. The only times I get this feeling is when I'm trying to have an OBE (not even when generally relaxing or meditating).

Another unnatural feeling that I never feel is CRIPPLING pain! When I'm in deep trance (ONLY when I try to have an OBE) I feel crippling pain in my arms. It's almost like they've been shot by a pistol! I usually try to ignore the pain thinking it's just because of the altered state of mind but the problem is that it isn't! Even after I end the practice session, the pain goes one for minutes after that!!!

I'm 100% sure that's not because of any health problems and I'm pretty sure it's not even physical! Nothing even SIMILAR to this pain happens when I'm doing anything excepts trying to have OBE. Thank god it only happens to my arm.

The last feeling that I never heard of (read) is quite hard to describe in words. It's like the feeling you get when you shake your legs after they have gone to sleep.

I'm quite sure none of them are related to OBE symptoms and I NEVER experience them out of OBE practice time! I'm not worried and terrified AT ALL because of them. I'm just VERY frustrated and angry because I'm trying for almost a YEAR without ANY success or even any change!:(

I really don't know what I should do and I'm really in desperate need of help. And I'd really appreciate if you could provide me with ANY help or suggestion.

Best Regards.

dreaming90
21st May 2012, 11:03 AM
Hi Reav3R,

I was in a similar situation as you when I was learning to project. I very much felt "stuck" in waking consciousness and had never had a mystical experience-- not even a lucid dream. It took me a year and a half to project. I finally had success when I decided to forget everything I learned about AP and do early morning affirmations.

Instead of encountering symptoms recorded in different media and books, I experience a set of quite different things. One of these things is the feeling of EXTREME itching (NOT tingling) all over my body that is VERY hard to tolerate.
Itching during trance/meditation seems to be a common problem. I struggled with it for a few months before it eventually went away on its own. The itching is a very good sign-- it means you are aware of the increased energy movement that occurs with trance. Energy work should help.

Another unnatural feeling that I never feel is CRIPPLING pain! When I'm in deep trance (ONLY when I try to have an OBE) I feel crippling pain in my arms. It's almost like they've been shot by a pistol! I usually try to ignore the pain thinking it's just because of the altered state of mind but the problem is that it isn't! Even after I end the practice session, the pain goes one for minutes after that!!!
This sounds like an energy blockage. Again, energy work should clear it up. Have you discussed this with a doctor for safety's sake?

The last feeling that I never heard of (read) is quite hard to describe in words. It's like the feeling you get when you shake your legs after they have gone to sleep.
I think I know what you're talking about-- it feels like your legs are full of sand and when you shake them, the sand jumps everywhere? Sounds like your interpretation of energy movement, like the itching.

First of all, we will all have plenty of time for OBE when we shed our physical bodies. It sounds morbid, but it's the truth. Don't get frustrated or caught up in emotions-- they will all work against you. Cultivate a feeling of detachment towards the whole thing. I know this is hard to do, and the way I found to work the best was daily meditation practice.

I suggest energy work for the itching and pain. There are plenty of resources online. You may post about these sensations in the energy work forum and see what others have to say.

Purchase a copy of Mastering Astral Projection. Approach it with a "beginners mind," hopeful and free of frustration or emotional baggage.

Best of luck.

Reav3R
22nd May 2012, 05:52 PM
Thanks for answers.

I know you stated that you are absolutely sure it is not due to any physical health ailments, But still I have to share with you what came to my mind when reading your situation:

Heavy metal poisoning. Heavy metals typically lodge in the spine, nervous system, and brain and your system may be seriously adversely affected everytime your energy begins to flow in a powerful way. The kundalini is capable of displacing heavy metals from the spine.

Do you have "silver" fillings which are 50% mercury? Lead paint, pipes or conditions at work? Arsenic from construction etc?

Best wishes, and Look into this.

Mike
As long as it's not musical heavy metal poisoning I'm pretty sure I'm not affected!:mrgreen: Actually the opposite might be true about me because I don't eat enough and I mostly eat junk food. So I might lack these minerals and about the conditions you've said, none apply to me.

Reav3R
23rd May 2012, 09:22 AM
Hi Reav3R,
I think I know what you're talking about-- it feels like your legs are full of sand and when you shake them, the sand jumps everywhere? Sounds like your interpretation of energy movement, like the itching.

Actually, it's like the other one; the feeling you get in your stomach when you all from height! It's very disturbing.