PDA

View Full Version : Sudden depressive states

AstralCody
25th May 2012, 10:58 PM
Does anybody else get suddenly depressed to the point to where you just want to lay in bed? I just got back from that.:|

I don't know what causes it. I don't cry but my gash it would feel great to. I did once with one of these.

I slept in... felt non motivated the moment that I woke up. Then the depression hit. I keep thinking of reasons why it happens so sudden. I feel drained every moment of the day. Even going to my moms office to say hi, I cringe if anyone tries to make conversation with me, because it hurts me deeply. I talked about that in too many other topics so I will drop it. But to say the least it's exhausting.

I just simply don't feel I belong here. At all. Like it was a mistake for me to be here. I simply can't function in this (POS society) << Sorry. But it's true.

Maybe I still need to keep clearing my conscious. This might sound weird I don't even feel human. I feel kinda crazy. I have the weirdest thoughts throughout the day. I read once people like me are "geniuses" (long long topic I read somewhere I will have to find it)

But I feel low here...

ANYWAY.

Does this happen to anybody else? It's got to be energy related or something. I tried meditating but I felt so down I just fell asleep.

PS:Sorry about the sig. I saw it was deleted. I don't know if it was too big or what not. Sorry!
-Cody

newfreedom
26th May 2012, 01:52 AM
OFF Topic...

Hi Cody, i haven't gotten around to exploring most of your comments yet, but wanted to say i LUV your new signature... COOL Beans ! 8) :P xX

newfreedom
26th May 2012, 02:02 AM
Hi Cody (again!)

i am noticing energy related stuff alot at the moment..... things, life, others, situations seem at present time to have HUGE obvious, in my face consequences, reactions & affects on me...

at the moment, my legs seem seemingly not my 'own', i get suddenly feeling so very physically ill within mins. at times, due to energetic reasons connected to others & circumstances etc. i know it is energy connected cause i can feel the energy working within me, around me... no doubt about it...

What to do about it? well i guess that is unique to each of us, i deal, attempt to address / deal with these types of issues using the 'WholeSoulwork approach' method given in my signature link.....

How will you choose to work on these areas Cody ?

AstralCody
26th May 2012, 02:39 AM
Hey newfreedom, digging yours too they are kinda the same! Colors.. etc.:mrgreen:

I am not to sure yet... I just got out of bed again. Fell asleep for a good few hours and had weird strange dreams like I always do. I have been in bed most of the day. :(

AstralCody
26th May 2012, 03:26 AM
"One fool proof method that will lift any depression is the hot cold shower therapy: Take a hot shower and then switch the water to as cold as possible. Endure it for 1 minute, scream shout cry jump up and down whatever u want, then go back to really hot for 1 minute."

I have heard that sudden changes like this can actually shut down a persons heart and cause sudden death is that true? Thanks for the advice though Michael.

ButterflyWoman
26th May 2012, 05:16 AM
I had bouts of depression, sometimes lengthy, for most of my life. Sometimes it would come on VERY quickly, too, though sometimes not. I won't go into the many different approaches I tried, but I will share what was, ultimately, at the root of it all.

Basically, I had a lot of unresolved issues. Anger, frustration, pain, fear, helplessness, etc., mostly stemming from my childhood, and, I've discovered, some from very early childhood (pre-verbal). All of these experiences, as I interpreted them at the time, led to beliefs about myself, my reality, the world, people in my life, people in general, pretty much everything. (And those beliefs went on to directly affect my life and its direction, as deep beliefs do, but that's another discussion and another subject/topic.)

Finding and dealing with your issues is where you will find healing, and a change in the patterns. These patterns were established quite early on, and are continuing because they've never been examined or changed. It's a fair bit of work, and in order to accomplish it, you pretty much have to surrender to your Higher Self (God/dess, Source, Brahman, Universal Consciousness, however you imagine it). Sincere intention for healing/change followed by surrender to whatever process takes place will get you there. A fair amount of soul-searching is involved, and it's not an easy road, but the destination is worth it.

dreaming90
26th May 2012, 11:21 AM
I struggled with severe depression as a teenager. I overcame it the old-fashioned way, through psychotherapy and anti-depressant medication.

It would be nice if I could just say that you have an energy blockage or something, but in reality it is probably a psychological problem. Most depression is. I'm not saying things like energy work and meditation won't help (Buddhist meditation techniques has been proven to reduce depression/anxiety), but you probably have toxic thought patterns and beliefs that result from events in your life.

I suggest getting a St. John's Wort supplement. It's an MAOI, so be sure to talk with your doctor if you are on any medication, but it is a natural plant-based remedy for depression with a long history of use. It should help reduce the intensity of these episodes so that you can uncover the underlying factors through meditation.

AstralCody
26th May 2012, 07:37 PM
Dreaming I been on every medication in the book for depression and anxiety. I been diagnosed with both. Right now I am on klonopin. I have to take it or I have panic attacks just going out. I was in the ER not to long ago because my heart rate was 150. The doctor said I looked anxious. I thought I was dieing though. Maybe this is why I am depressed. :/ I think it would make anyone depressed. It's the SUDDEN depressive states I don't understand though.

"but you probably have toxic thought patterns and beliefs that result from events in your life" Sounds a bout right...

I got alot to work on.

dreaming90
27th May 2012, 01:59 AM
Have you tried sitting down with a therapist and hashing things out? I found it helped quite a bit, certainly more than the medication (I was on zoloft). Though the meds did help clear some of the clouds away.

"but you probably have toxic thought patterns and beliefs that result from events in your life" Sounds a bout right...

I got alot to work on.

After realizing just how *big* reality is, I think we all have a lot to work on. But fortunately it seems like a downhill battle. Life on Earth is very interesting and rewarding but it is also very hard.

ButterflyWoman
27th May 2012, 04:55 AM
I used to get severe panic attacks. For a while there, it was multiple times per day (I was a complete wreck, to say the least). I haven't had one in a really long time now, probably several years. I still very occasionally get anxiety attacks and I still don't handle prolonged stress very well, but for the most part, it's sorted.

Medication can help keep you more or less stable while you sort out the problems, but IMHO, anti-depressants are not a cure. My mother's been on them since 1988, and she's still a complete wreck, mostly because she was never willing or able to deal with her own stuff (too much work, too scary, too much in the habit of pretending it wasn't there, etc.)

Toxic thought patterns is a good phrase. And I completely concur.

AstralCody
27th May 2012, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the reply guys. My klonopin helps me so much. I don't wanna go on any more meds. Lots of people say I should go on anti depressants but that's a no for me. This spiritual path has made my depression go away (for the most part) Like I feel I can fix this without taking something. The anxiety is what kills me.

Dreaming- I feel I don't belong on earth. At all... I don't connect with hardly anyone and if it wasn't for family I dunno if I would be here, and if it wasn't for finding out about astral travel etc. I am very lonely on this plane. I feel I don't fit in at all. I been to countless of therapists. They do help but only temporarily, and going there just to talk kicks up the anxiety...

It's all a big mess.:-(

@butterfly- I hear you... I was like that. I used to get panic attacks everyday. I dunno how I kept on striving.

IA56
29th May 2012, 05:02 AM
Does anybody else get suddenly depressed to the point to where you just want to lay in bed? I just got back from that.:|

I don't know what causes it. I don't cry but my gash it would feel great to. I did once with one of these.

I slept in... felt non motivated the moment that I woke up. Then the depression hit. I keep thinking of reasons why it happens so sudden. I feel drained every moment of the day. Even going to my moms office to say hi, I cringe if anyone tries to make conversation with me, because it hurts me deeply. I talked about that in too many other topics so I will drop it. But to say the least it's exhausting.

I just simply don't feel I belong here. At all. Like it was a mistake for me to be here. I simply can't function in this (POS society) << Sorry. But it's true.

Maybe I still need to keep clearing my conscious. This might sound weird I don't even feel human. I feel kinda crazy. I have the weirdest thoughts throughout the day. I read once people like me are "geniuses" (long long topic I read somewhere I will have to find it)

But I feel low here...

ANYWAY.

Does this happen to anybody else? It's got to be energy related or something. I tried meditating but I felt so down I just fell asleep.

PS:Sorry about the sig. I saw it was deleted. I don't know if it was too big or what not. Sorry!
-Cody

I have noticed that this state is to cleanse the inner and to get out the "upbringing" we are brainwashed with...you get depressed because of the fear to not fit in if you start to be your self as you want to be....so this is to start to relese you from your surroundings...to become independent and free....When I started to dare to relese me from everyone and felt I can take care of my self, and get over the fear to be ALONE...we often do as we are told because of the fear to be alone, and we do everything to fit in, no matter what it costīs...this is from the baby state when we really couldnīt take care of us self and had to be dependent on others, this is so inprinted in our psyche that it feelīs like death threath....but remember...there are no death, only body death...we are energy and pure energy only re-shapes...but do not die.
So this fear has to be overcome ..I have noticed that the most of all "problems" are fear based.
TRust your self...you will be okay, always.
Love

AstralCody
2nd June 2012, 11:52 PM
You're okay Michael. Nobody can influence me to take or not take prescription drugs. I can't operate on at least klonopin so I know for my own good whats best for me. But I took everything else you said and it was great stuff... Don't worry about it you didn't offend me.

I have OBE's on or off of them anyway. So I just want to FEEL good. I'm trying many things. I even want to go see a guy who can open up all my chakras for me. See if there is any blockages. I really need to start energy work... I keep slacking. :/