PDA

View Full Version : When in OBE... Still have physical sensations?

AstralCody
3rd June 2012, 12:01 AM
I was once in my basement out of body and I was breathing just like in the physical. It felt I HAD to breath. Which shouldn't be the case. I noticed I couldn't breathe through my nose but I was gasping for air in my mouth. This was all while I was floating and stuff outside my physical self.

Was I still in tune to my physical body as well? I also notice in my dreams I feel ALOT. Just regular dreams. Sometimes pain even.

Once when I jumped back in my body I started choking and couldn't breathe. (I was in a OBE) and decided to go back to my body. I realized right before I jumped in though... It may have not been my body. I think it was at my neighbors house? I was a bit unfocused at that point. So maybe that's what caused it? I literally woke up (jolted out of bed coughing, and it did hurt. This happened a while back... Just curious.

PS:Over 100 posts :-)

CFTraveler
3rd June 2012, 12:16 AM
Was I still in tune to my physical body as well? Sounds like it. If this happens and you're close to your body, get away. If you're away from it, try to ignore it and breathe as usual, and you will finish disassociating with your body eventually.

AstralCody
3rd June 2012, 06:17 AM
Hey thanks CFT. I was in the basement (kinda close to my body) not right next to it by any means, but I will try and go further next time. Almost had an OBE tonight as well! Posting in my journal here in a sec

ButterflyWoman
3rd June 2012, 07:57 AM
Disclaimer: I'm weird. Like, really weird.

I almost always retain direct awareness of my physical body and sometimes my physical surroundings, no matter what else my consciousness might be doing. It's kind of like having multiple windows open on a computer. The physical body/world gets put "in the background" and I may not pay attention to it at all, but I'm still aware of it. Well, usually. Sometimes I do become so absorbed in whatever non-physical experience I'm having that I really stop paying attention to my physical reality, but in my experience, this is really not necessary. I can do both.

So, point is, while in this case I think CFT is right on the money, it's not always the case that there's a problem if you're simultaneously aware of multiple realities. I do it all the time. At least half of my waking time is spent in multiple awareness, in fact.

But, as I noted... I'm weird.

Sinera
3rd June 2012, 10:28 AM
Out-of-body is never completely out-of-body unless - maybe! - it's in an NDE. A part of your (sub)consciousness never leaves while you body is 'still alive'. I suppose it's the one that is the etheric or vital body, the closest to your physical, enmeshed deeply with it. It keeps up body functions and all subconscious vital processes (breathing, circulation, etc.), which it of course also does independent of you when you are 'back' and awake.

It is a myth or a common fear that gets spread now and then that you leave your body empty on a conscious OBE. It never is. It is just like sending out a drone, the connection never broken.

If you are consciously aware of more bodies (physical, astral, etc.) then this might be what RB calls the 'mind split'. I also feel my physical body quite often (lying in bed) when I am 'out there' somewhere in the astral.

LPCF
3rd June 2012, 04:23 PM
BW, I don't think that you're weird - perhaps because I usually have dual awareness, as well! I know that Robert recommends going as far from one's physical "double" as possible, but even when on the astral (as distinct from the RTZ), I am always aware of the physical far away in the background. No doubt each person is different, and some are blessed to be able to "leave" the physical completely. However, it is my guess (and just a guess) that the silver cord keeps us always aware of the physical, even if far away.

GRANT
4th June 2012, 02:02 AM
Sensations stay the same, thats what we, in our bodies, know.
Grant